AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 659 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110840)

marvelB 2012-03-07 02:53

One Piece - Chapter 659 [manga]
 
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.



The Straw-Hats' unusual journey at Punk Hazard continues! Credit goes to T for the summary and CCC/Geg from APforums for translation:


-Chapter title is "About my torso". The ministory features, interestingly enough, Disco the slave auctioneer from the Sabaody arc, who seems to have fallen into ruin since the skip. :p

-Smoker and his group arrive at the building that Brooke saw last chapter. "M" is aware of his presence and orders his henchmen to conceal their secrets from the marines. Meanwhile, Luffy's group are sailing across a river in a boat that Usopp built. Apparently, the centaurs see them off, and soon afterwards they encounter their boss and his henchmen, whom they inform about the current intruders......



-Brooke encounters the upper half of the dismembered samurai, and apparently has a scuffle with it. He runs away from it, finding it scary. Meanwhile, Smoker approaches the castle, and is greeted by...... Trafalgar Law, who is now a shichibukai! Apparently, he was granted amnesty after presenting the WG with the hearts of 100 pirates. Furthermore, his bounty before gaining the position was 440 million....!!!!



...Welp, looks like Law was the one who split apart that samurai, after all. But from the way events are unfolding, it's starting to look to me like a separate entity altogether will be the main enemies of this arc, not Smoker or Law (for instance, it looks like the boss of the centaurs is someone different from "M", altogether). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them became unwilling allies to the Straw-Hats.....

SOGESNAKE 2012-03-07 03:07

Whelp, I for some reason didn't want it to be Law.... but I guess I was proven wrong. The 100 hearts thing actually sounds interesting, can't wait to read up on it~

RRW 2012-03-07 06:32

more spoiler

Spoiler for spoiler:

karumofin 2012-03-07 06:52

I've always wondered if the heart pirates are associated with don flamingo because they have a smiley flag, but if law is now a shichibukai, i don't see him being a henchman for someone else. (also wait, doesn't this mean there are no heart pirates anymore?)

game2007 2012-03-07 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by karumofin (Post 4041710)
I've always wondered if the heart pirates are associated with don flamingo because they have a smiley flag, but if law is now a shichibukai, i don't see him being a henchman for someone else. (also wait, doesn't this mean there are no heart pirates anymore?)

The "urban legend" of Shichibukai abandoning their crews isn't real, so I'm sure he still has his crew.

The Small One 2012-03-07 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4041540)
Trafalgar Law, who is now a shichibukai! Apparently, he was granted amnesty after presenting the WG with the hearts of 100 pirates.

Makes me wonder, if he killed those 100 pirates. Seeing how the samurai is perfectly alive, running around in different pieces, Law could have probably removed the hearts without killing anyone.

But why did he even become a Shichibukai? What does he gain by this position? Especially when we consider, that the Shichibukai are only active in the first half of the grand line.

Kanon 2012-03-07 08:03

So it was Law. No big surprises there. He looks damn cool in that coat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 4041759)
Makes me wonder, if he killed those 100 pirates. Seeing how the samurai is perfectly alive, running around in different pieces, Law could have probably removed the hearts without killing anyone.

That may be that's why it was a good bargain for the WG: they hold the hearts of those pirates hostages and can thereby use them as underlings/spy by threatening to crush their heart if they disobey.

james0246 2012-03-07 08:19

LOL, in Robin's imagination Ussop is her "raft" carrying her across the sea. And he is clearly very happy to be her raft :).

Law looks particularly pimptastic in his winter coat.

Stained-Shadow 2012-03-07 08:34

Why did law become a shichibukai?! Didn't he want to find one piece? :confused:

Trax 2012-03-07 08:38

I don't think Law ever said much about his exact ambitions. It would be interesting to find out why he went for the position of shichibukai. Besides, there's no reason he can't go after one piece as a shichibukai.

Stained-Shadow 2012-03-07 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trax (Post 4041803)
I don't think Law ever said much about his exact ambitions. It would be interesting to find out why he went for the position of shichibukai. Besides, there's no reason he can't go after one piece as a shichibukai.

Never thought about it that way

:heh:

Raihen 2012-03-07 09:14

This now actually makes a sense how samurai got his body parts disconnected ... But still i didn't expect that !

ronin myael 2012-03-07 09:43

another theory proven correct! this is getting more interesting! :D

law becoming a shichibukai isn't that all farfetched. if he's after the one piece, he could search for it without the hindrance of the government making it easier for him to do so. but who knows what he really wants. he wasn't totally clear about his goals. we don't even know why mihawke became a shichibukai.

looks like the straw hats would have to deal with 3 separate groups. the centaurs, the guys with the gas masks and law and his cohorts. or perhaps 4 groups if we count the samurai. the centaurs might end up turning into luffy's allies. punk hazard is the most mysterious and weirdest island yet!

yakumo-chan 2012-03-07 09:47

I still dont understand how the lower body could talk

risingstar3110 2012-03-07 09:55

Wow, Law as shichibukai was definitely a surprise

ninetail1989 2012-03-07 10:00

i dont see any point of the SH going for 2 year training....i mean...look at all the other rookie...law...he didnt go for any training and got his bounty still raised to 440million and now a warlord.....and all the other rookie did fine as well..such as Kid who took out Big mom ships.....i mean...SH n kid n law as like around the same standard/rank when they meet at Sabondy island 2 years back...

C.A. 2012-03-07 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakumo-chan (Post 4041861)
I still dont understand how the lower body could talk

aohige explained, because of the translation to english, translators missed out a quirk in the way the lower body spoke.

In Japanese, the lower body spoke with a farting sound effect, meaning it literally spoke by farting.

And I guess Law's popularity is going to go even higher than before.

kakakka 2012-03-07 10:03

So that's why samurai parts are littered everywhere; it was because Law is on the island. I forgot about his ability.

K. Shiruto 2012-03-07 10:14

Solid/Liquid/Gassy Logia, did you guys notice that?

And the big obscured guy is Brownbeard I presume?

ronin myael 2012-03-07 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adan (Post 4041897)
Solid/Liquid/Gassy Logia, did you guys notice that?

And the big obscured guy is Brownbeard I presume?

yeah, i'm actually becoming more convinced that he's made of some toxic gas/waste and he's the one responsible for all that poisonous gas polluting the island. maybe he's even the one who turned it into a wasteland.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.