One Piece - Chapter 659 [manga]
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
- One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
- Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
- Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
- Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
- Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
- Be polite to your fellow forum members.
- Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
- Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
The Straw-Hats' unusual journey at Punk Hazard continues! Credit goes to T for the summary and CCC/Geg from APforums for translation:
-Chapter title is "About my torso". The ministory features, interestingly enough, Disco the slave auctioneer from the Sabaody arc, who seems to have fallen into ruin since the skip. :p
-Smoker and his group arrive at the building that Brooke saw last chapter. "M" is aware of his presence and orders his henchmen to conceal their secrets from the marines. Meanwhile, Luffy's group are sailing across a river in a boat that Usopp built. Apparently, the centaurs see them off, and soon afterwards they encounter their boss and his henchmen, whom they inform about the current intruders......
-Brooke encounters the upper half of the dismembered samurai, and apparently has a scuffle with it. He runs away from it, finding it scary. Meanwhile, Smoker approaches the castle, and is greeted by...... Trafalgar Law, who is now a shichibukai!
Apparently, he was granted amnesty after presenting the WG with the hearts of 100 pirates. Furthermore, his bounty before gaining the position was 440 million....!!!!
...Welp, looks like Law was the one who split apart that samurai, after all. But from the way events are unfolding, it's starting to look to me like a separate entity altogether will be the main enemies of this arc, not Smoker or Law (for instance, it looks like the boss of the centaurs is someone different from "M", altogether). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them became unwilling allies to the Straw-Hats.....