AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   RealPG (リアルピージー) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110892)

Kleeyook 2012-03-11 10:07

RealPG (リアルピージー)
 
Real PG (リアルピージー)

http://www.mangaupdates.com/image/i121760.jpg

RealPG (2011) Official Webpage

Author: DOMOTO Yuki

Artist: DOMOTO Yuki

Publisher: Square Enix

Serialized in: Gangan Online

Description - from Baka-Updates
Quote:

Motoba Hitachi has lived a boring high school life, until his kouhai invited him to a real-life simulation event of Incubate Castle, an online game they both played. But, what seemed like a harmless replication of the game turned out to be as real as it could get. Now, Hitachi must find allies to get out and survive this reality of a game.
The latest chapter can be read online on Square Enix official site for this series. I found it quite promising. I hope English scanlation will keep up to the current Japanese chapter soon.

zeniselv 2012-03-11 16:54

having readed the english scanlation, this do show lot of promise, even if the rules of the world are still beign setted.

Kleeyook 2012-03-11 17:44

The latest chapter (ch 6) has an awesome scene in it. It's a shame I can't read Japanese. :(

zerodragon 2012-03-11 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeyook (Post 4048198)
The latest chapter (ch 6) has an awesome scene in it. It's a shame I can't read Japanese. :(

So wish that the people did the first 3 chapters would jump back on this instead of doing that reburst crap. I really want to know what going on in those last 10 pages:(

judasmartel 2012-03-11 22:18

Another version of Dot Hack?

Irenicus 2012-03-11 22:30

Not quite. It's real world -- physical, directly fatal. Just in an isolated compound.

______________

I've never really been a fan of MMORPG-style stories -- stemming from my not being a fan of MMORPGs in the first place -- nor am I fan of the Battle Royale survival type stories, but somehow this one is working well with me so far. It's probably because the hero is actually a healer type rather than a tank, magician, or general-purpose imba button -- which is new. Or maybe it's because of that cute kouhai of his.

Mistivous 2012-03-11 23:46

I think it is an interesting Idea but I do not know how long they can make it last....though I wish it the best because I would like to see how far it goes :D

Kleeyook 2012-03-12 02:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 4048556)
Not quite. It's real world -- physical, directly fatal. Just in an isolated compound.

______________

I've never really been a fan of MMORPG-style stories -- stemming from my not being a fan of MMORPGs in the first place -- nor am I fan of the Battle Royale survival type stories, but somehow this one is working well with me so far. It's probably because the hero is actually a healer type rather than a tank, magician, or general-purpose imba button -- which is new. Or maybe it's because of that cute kouhai of his.

Yeah, it's in real world. It feels like Btoom! with supernatural power.

Shadow5YA 2012-05-12 07:19

I'm liking the kouhai. She totally has the hots for Hitachi, and now she has a crazy side too.

By the way, what does majipanee mean?

Kleeyook 2012-05-12 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 4156763)
I'm liking the kouhai. She totally has the hots for Hitachi, and now she has a crazy side too.

By the way, what does majipanee mean?

No idea. Some exclusive term for that series probably.

Kaihan 2012-05-12 08:54

Just read to chapter 6 today, Its quite refreshing when the main male character is a healer. :p

Was wondering what kouhai skill would be but I didnt expect to use that.

Kleeyook 2012-05-12 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaihan (Post 4156849)
Just read to chapter 6 today, Its quite refreshing when the main male character is a healer. :p

Was wondering what kouhai skill would be but I didnt expect to use that.

I already took a peek at chapter 7 on its site (it's actually published online to read every new chapter while older chapters will get taken down.

The chick looks just like a crazy yandere drunk in power... SO hot! :D

Shadow5YA 2012-05-12 22:16

I took a look at the site, and it looks like the next chapter after 7 is a side chapter titled "extra stage".

Ddraig 2012-07-17 00:50

Really sad thing about his manga is that its monthly...

kuroishinigami 2012-07-17 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 4156763)
I'm liking the kouhai. She totally has the hots for Hitachi, and now she has a crazy side too.

By the way, what does majipanee mean?

Majipanee is abbreviation of maji hanpa nee. Hanpa nee(hanpa nai) means not cutting corners(not sure the english equivalent expression for this. Maybe someone else know?).

Shadow5YA 2013-04-10 15:01

Was this cancelled or something? That was a really rushed ending.

Xion Valkyrie 2013-04-10 17:35

Yeah, it got axed so the mangaka had to rush the ending.

Irenicus 2013-04-11 01:53

The Axe strikes again.

:(

Still, the most important plot point is resolved: Kouhai-chan is nice and whole again! That's all I needed to know.

larethian 2013-04-11 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 4258627)
Majipanee is abbreviation of maji hanpa nee. Hanpa nee(hanpa nai) means not cutting corners(not sure the english equivalent expression for this. Maybe someone else know?).

seriously not too half-assed

Iron Maw 2013-04-11 05:13

Yeah this series was clearly meant to last much longer. The sudden betrayal in Ch 14 was pretty lol worthy. I also like every important character ended up coming back to life, but that's shounen for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 4630931)
seriously not too half-assed

Eh, meaning?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.