AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Anime Festival Asia (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111167)

JokerD 2012-03-23 11:19

Anime Festival Asia
 
Making another thread of 2012, this can be the consolidated threat if needed.

Well looks like they are expending with Anime Festival Asia 2012 Malaysia in June and Singapore in Nov. Details on either are non-existent, which is a concern since June is 2 1/2 months away. Anyone thinking of going to either?

I'm thinking of heading to the Malaysia one just to get an excuse to go out of the country.

AFA Malaysia
AFA Singapore

SaintessHeart 2012-03-23 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 4068320)
Making another thread of 2012, this can be the consolidated threat if needed.

Well looks like they are expending with Anime Festival Asia 2012 Malaysia in June and Singapore in Nov. Details on either are non-existent, which is a concern since June is 2 1/2 months away. Anyone thinking of going to either?

I'm thinking of heading to the Malaysia one just to get an excuse to go out of the country.

AFA Malaysia
AFA Singapore

I'll see how much I can save....currently I am surviving on savings as I take on a new job.

Pokaru 2012-03-24 02:23

So is there any details on the Singapore one? I may be able to visit it considering I'm about to make a trip to Singapore.

JokerD 2012-03-24 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokaru (Post 4069440)
So is there any details on the Singapore one? I may be able to visit it considering I'm about to make a trip to Singapore.

Other than it being in Nov, not a clue:heh:

Azuma Denton 2012-03-28 05:44

Will pass on the events this time...
Not enough money... :heh:

Unless Marina Inoue is present in Singapore... :p

JokerD 2012-03-28 06:32

A bit more details, the Malaysian event is taking place on 9 and 10 June, at Putra World Trade Centre

SaintessHeart 2012-03-28 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 4078297)
A bit more details, the Malaysian event is taking place on 9 and 10 June, at Putra World Trade Centre

Holy shit it is in KL, looks like a pretty rough ride from Singapore towards the inland.

I should be able to save enough to cosplay.....though I need to decide which character before I go.

Azuma Denton 2012-03-28 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4078400)
Holy shit it is in KL, looks like a pretty rough ride from Singapore towards the inland.

I should be able to save enough to cosplay.....though I need to decide which character before I go.

Please post a pic of your cosplay later in this thread... :heh:

JokerD 2012-03-29 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4078695)
Please post a pic of your cosplay later in this thread... :heh:

How would he be able to take pictures of himself while cosplaying... :heh:

Anyway, it would be nice to see what it is like over there, and if the stuff is cheaper...

SaintessHeart 2012-03-29 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4078695)
Please post a pic of your cosplay later in this thread... :heh:

Suggestion for character please. :heh:

JokerD 2012-03-29 08:52

Please do not repeat the trama of the A Laugh a Day Thread... :heh:

Maybe Keima Katsuragi from TWOGK

Azuma Denton 2012-04-05 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4080245)
Suggestion for character please. :heh:

Keimako from TWGOK... :heh:


Btw, the date in SG has been set...
9-10-11 November 2012 in Singapore Expo...


Any insider info why the venue changed?
Is it because many complaints for cosplayer last year??

SaintessHeart 2012-04-05 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4091763)
Keimako from TWGOK... :heh:

No. Crossdressing without a license is illegal here. :heh:

Besides I only need 1 more prop before my character is complete.....maybe I'll go vegan for a month to lose that bacon around my waist.....wished the SAF called me so I can find a reason to lose weight.

Quote:

Btw, the date in SG has been set...
9-10-11 November 2012 in Singapore Expo...


Any insider info why the venue changed?
Is it because many complaints for cosplayer last year??
There can only be 3 reasons :

1. Ballooning attendance. Too many people. EOY used to be held at expo until the number of cosplayers shrunk in 2007-2008.

2. The megachurch owning the property didn't like the cosplayers. Damn I should have dressed as Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser to troll them during the Sunday last year. Come to think of it Putra Tower houses UMNO HQ, so it might be the last time such an event is hosted in M'sia. :heh:

3. The pedobear cosplayers resulting in the unsuspecting parents complaining. :D

Any Malaysians here willing to be our tour guides?

Azuma Denton 2012-04-06 02:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4091778)
No. Crossdressing without a license is illegal here. :heh:

Besides I only need 1 more prop before my character is complete.....maybe I'll go vegan for a month to lose that bacon around my waist.....wished the SAF called me so I can find a reason to lose weight.



There can only be 3 reasons :

1. Ballooning attendance. Too many people. EOY used to be held at expo until the number of cosplayers shrunk in 2007-2008.

2. The megachurch owning the property didn't like the cosplayers. Damn I should have dressed as Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser to troll them during the Sunday last year. Come to think of it Putra Tower houses UMNO HQ, so it might be the last time such an event is hosted in M'sia. :heh:

3. The pedobear cosplayers resulting in the unsuspecting parents complaining. :D

Any Malaysians here willing to be our tour guides?

Hmm...
I thought you already get license from Sumeragi to cross-dress? :heh:


About that reason...
Wait, is there any pedobear cosplay in AFA last year??
*checking my photo collection of loli first...



Anyway...
One month prior before Malaysia AFA, and there is still no announcement on event or artiste...
Are the event in Malaysia is organized directly by AFA team of Singapore (if i'm not wrong, SOHO isnt it??)

Endless Soul 2012-04-06 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4093154)
Hmm...
I thought you already get license from Sumeragi to cross-dress? :heh:

It appears to be less of a license and more of a commandment.

Ahh SaintessHeart, you poor guy. :)

Endless "Glad it's not me" Soul

SaintessHeart 2012-04-06 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4093154)
Hmm...
I thought you already get license from Sumeragi to cross-dress? :heh:

Sume-nee Sumeragi does not have any right to license or command others to crossdress.

Quote:

About that reason...
Wait, is there any pedobear cosplay in AFA last year??
*checking my photo collection of loli first...
Check the AFA2011 thread. JokerD immortalised it with his camera.

Quote:

Anyway...
One month prior before Malaysia AFA, and there is still no announcement on event or artiste...
Are the event in Malaysia is organized directly by AFA team of Singapore (if i'm not wrong, SOHO isnt it??)
I think so. But it is organised at the site of the UMNO headquarters, which recently ordered a ban on our local ballet team. Most likely they are going to ban cosplayers too....unless we name all of our prop weapons Zulqifar *sarcastic*.

JokerD 2012-04-16 09:57

While I am interested in AFAM, with nothing being confirmed other than location, I'm still not willing to take a leap of faith.

Still a drive up to KL sounds nice...

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-04-16 10:06

What? It's going to be held in Putra World Trade Centre? I hate that place, not to mention limited parking space, though the place is reachable by public transport. The exhibition should be held in KL Convention Centre.

SaintessHeart 2012-04-16 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4110913)
What? It's going to be held in Putra World Trade Centre? I hate that place, not to mention limited parking space, though the place is reachable by public transport. The exhibition should be held in KL Convention Centre.

The rent is low, and besides with the UMNO headquarters there, they are betting on it to deter pickpocketing and other crime.

Still, it is better to get travel insurance for those who are crossing the causeway. Who wants a quote? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JokerD (Post 4110896)
While I am interested in AFAM, with nothing being confirmed other than location, I'm still not willing to take a leap of faith.

Still a drive up to KL sounds nice...

It is 3 hours. If you drive, the rest of us Sinkies are counting on you...... :p:p:p:p

JokerD 2012-04-17 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4111011)
The rent is low, and besides with the UMNO headquarters there, they are betting on it to deter pickpocketing and other crime.

Still, it is better to get travel insurance for those who are crossing the causeway. Who wants a quote? :D



It is 3 hours. If you drive, the rest of us Sinkies are counting on you...... :p:p:p:p

Let's see whose coming to the event first. My plan is to drive to the hotel and take public transport (or taxi) to get around


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.