AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Total Recall (2012) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111400)

killer3000ad 2012-04-01 23:02

Total Recall (2012)
 

It better have the three-breasted hooker and this and this.

Rising Dragon 2012-04-01 23:14

Have to check to see if this was real... not the best day to be posting movie trailers, after all.

Vexx 2012-04-01 23:39

I don't actually object to a remake so soon after the original one.... but to me its emblematic of the corrosion of the MPAA system and its members. There are hundreds of great properties out there but the system is in an ever-tightening spiral of milking the same properties.

Masuzu 2012-04-02 01:09

Remake, what is this a remake of?

I never even heard of the original, assuming this is indeed a remake.

Rising Dragon 2012-04-02 01:15

Total Recall was a movie of Arnold Schwarzenegger's. Which in itself was an adaptation of a book or story (I forget which).

Vexx 2012-04-02 01:16

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100802/ (1990, starring Arnold)

Philip K. Dick (short story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale") (inspiration)
Any sci-fi literature course will include a few PKD stories... film adaptations of other stories include Blade Runner and Minority Report.

Masuzu 2012-04-02 01:23

Oh I see, but 1990 was quite a while ago--I guess a remake's fine. :heh:

Pinatubo hasn't even exploded at the time. :eyespin:

Vexx 2012-04-02 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4086958)
Oh I see, but 1990 was quite a while ago--I guess a remake's fine. :heh:

Pinatubo hasn't even exploded at the time. :eyespin:

Heh.. for a movie, its damn near "last week". But then as I've said elsewhere, the MPAA members seem to be in an ever-tightening death spiral in regard to existing properties. :eyespin: Who thought we'd have *two* re-interpretations of Snow White in the theaters at the same time? :)

Meanwhile, hundreds of other possible unused properties that would be really cool languish. :eyebrow:

synaesthetic 2012-04-02 03:57

why

why must you do this, Failywood?

Ugh IP necromancy.

Anyone else notice how familiar those robots looked? :twitch:

monir 2012-04-02 04:25

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D



Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 4086928)
Remake, what is this a remake of?

I never even heard of the original, assuming this is indeed a remake.

Your homework is to watch Total Recall. The movie features a chick with THREEE boobs!!!!!! *notice the number of exclamation points at the end of that sentence* Oh, and Arnold in his vivacious steroid glory.

Masuzu 2012-04-02 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4087149)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D





Your homework is to watch Total Recall. The movie features a chick with THREEE boobs!!!!!! *notice the number of exclamation points at the end of that sentence* Oh, and Arnold in his vivacious steroid glory.

*looks down*
*sees only two hands*

Damn. :heh:


Now I wonder why I never heard of this. :eyespin:

Mr Hat and Clogs 2012-04-02 05:29

I'm not sure if I should facepalm or not.

Still I'm curious as to what they will do with it. For an action movie, the original was a bit of a mind screw since even at the end you don't know if it was all a dream or not. I wonder how many current events they will try and get in, cause if I remember right this movie would be great for a few civil liberties issues.

Vexx 2012-04-02 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs (Post 4087209)
I'm not sure if I should facepalm or not.

Still I'm curious as to what they will do with it. For an action movie, the original was a bit of a mind screw since even at the end you don't know if it was all a dream or not. I wonder how many current events they will try and get in, cause if I remember right this movie would be great for a few civil liberties issues.

That "mind-screw" ending is something that 1990 movie did really well... I'm betting if the new movie fails it will be because someone thinks it is too subtle for today's audiences (cue Bay effect) :P

Endless Soul 2012-04-02 08:00

I see they kept the chick fight. Good. I wonder if they will keep the artifacts on Mars?

Endless "Three boobs" Soul

LoweGear 2012-04-02 08:53

I still have much nostalgia over the original film (especially with the... eye-popping ending :D ). Still, we'll see how they handle this remake of the story. :)

Kyuu 2012-04-02 09:00

A remake of this movie? Already?! :twitch: I was like 10 or maybe 11 years old when I first saw that chick with 3-boobs. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx
MPAA members seem to be in an ever-tightening death spiral in regard to existing properties.

I wouldn't say "milking", but rather, the industry as a whole is having an ever more difficult time coming up with the "original blockbuster" these days. Hell bent on their "copyright" mantra, they're stuck in stagnation, that gets worse year after year.

GuidoHunter_Toki 2012-04-02 09:28

ugh, I don't know howI feel about this. It looks somewhat promising, but there is something about the new lead that bugs me.

I'm just too connected with the original that my expectations are kind of low. I'm just getting so sick of remakes in general.

sa547 2012-04-02 09:38

Judging from the preview, the remake doesn't seems to have Mars included. Instead, maybe we'll be seeing some mutants, including that triple-boobie lady.

Urzu 7 2012-04-02 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4087149)
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D





Your homework is to watch Total Recall. The movie features a chick with THREEE boobs!!!!!! *notice the number of exclamation points at the end of that sentence* Oh, and Arnold in his vivacious steroid glory.

I don't know about three boobs. That just seems really weird to me.

pizzahack 2012-04-02 10:00

I think the remake will be ok, even though Total Recall is a classic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:12.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.