AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sakurasou (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - General Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111549)

Kunagisa 2012-04-08 14:59

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - General Discussion
 
http://i.imgur.com/RKUml.jpg

Synopsis:
Quote:

Kanda Sorata is a student of the High School attached to Suimei Arts College* (or Suikou for short). During the first year summer he raised a cat in the dorm and was scolded by the principal, who asked him to chase the cat away or he would be driven out of the dorm. As a cat lover, Sorata tried to resist and had to move to the infamous "Sakurasou" (Sakura Manor). Next year spring, the famous, world renowned artist Shinna Mashiro moved into Sakurasou; thus, Sorata's days of being led around foolishly by this girl who lacks common sense begin.
*Do you call this auxiliary high school? I don’t know the official term in English.

Drama CD cast: Listed from left to right, up to bottom on the picture above.
Quote:

Kanda Sorata: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Shiina Mashiro: Kayano Ai
Aoyama Nanami: Nakatsu Mariko
Kamiigusa Misaki: Takamori Natsumi
Mitaka Jin: Sakurai Takahiro
Akasaka Ryuunosuke: Horie Yui
Sengoku Chihiro: Toyoguchi Megumi
Maid: ???

Funny thing, this was announced like a day or 2 ago on 2ch, but the thread was gone in a few hours, and since it's april fool everyday there, I got excited and went ;__;. Thankfully someone finally posted the source today.

As you can tell from the art, this is a love comedy, so if you want grim-dark plot or mega action sakuga probably this wouldn't suit your taste. The drama cd was announced not too long ago, I can't imagine them changing this for the anime. I've been dying to hear Nakatsu Mariko's voice again because of Ginga e Kickoff (Kansai dialect's fun to listen to heh)~~ And rest of the cast is pretty stellar too. This title was on my MU wish list for a while now cause a very annoying person always said it's the best thing ever (and as annoying as he is, I trust his taste).

Here's hoping a good studio picks this up.

Note: If you go to the website in the image right now you see nothing. Will update in the future if I don't get lazy/busy.

MisaoFan 2012-04-08 15:23

The synopsis reminds me of myself : a guy who has some problems and is sent to a problem's children dormitory and meets a brilliant artist who never takes care of herself before. Will watch it.

ion475 2012-04-08 15:53

All I'll say is...Finally!!!!!

As far as expectation - it's one of the few love comedy that doesn't feature a harem. While everyday antics are funny, the overall tone can get serious at times.

At the end, Meido-chan FTW.

EDIT: On side note...reading those comments on ANN makes me laugh REALLY loud. Just b/c Mashiro is Sorata's "Pet" and people cry foul...all without even knowing what the novel is about.

Miraluka 2012-04-09 08:25

Any illustration of the protagonist guy?

MisaoFan 2012-04-09 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 4098493)
Any illustration of the protagonist guy?

You could look at the up left of the picture, in the first picture.

Kunagisa 2012-04-09 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ion475 (Post 4097377)
EDIT: On side note...reading those comments on ANN makes me laugh REALLY loud. Just b/c Mashiro is Sorata's "Pet" and people cry foul...all without even knowing what the novel is about.

10/10, will laugh again at them.

Tempester 2012-04-09 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ion475 (Post 4097377)
EDIT: On side note...reading those comments on ANN makes me laugh REALLY loud. Just b/c Mashiro is Sorata's "Pet" and people cry foul...all without even knowing what the novel is about.

I haven't read the novels either and I want to slap them through the internet. When will some people learn to stop putting women on a pedestal and realize that there are submissive and pathetic depictions of *both* men and women in entertainment, which is completely fair (although not necessarily a recipe for good characterization)? I hate zealous self-named feminists and white knights so much.

ion475 2012-04-09 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4098919)
I haven't read the novels either and I want to slap them through the internet. When will some people learn to stop putting women on a pedestal and realize that there are submissive and pathetic depictions of *both* men and women in entertainment, which is completely fair (although not necessarily a recipe for good characterization)? I hate zealous self-named feminists and white knights so much.

I guess you didn't quite catch why I laugh so hard...

No, it's not bc of people being sexist, or whether there are both male and female that are M-type. It's more about the second they see the word "Pet", they think it's sexist just bc from somewhere they get the idea of male domination, how the book actually got published (and fairly highly rated...sales are about average at 10k/volume, aka far from being unknown). Of course, all this and I have yet to see one poster that have actually read the novel...

People have to realized that Mashiro is a pet mainly bc she basically only knows how to draw and nothing else, ie having zero common sense...(I don't want to go further, since that would spoiled too much...)

MisaoFan 2012-04-09 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ion475 (Post 4098966)
I guess you didn't quite catch why I laugh so hard...

No, it's not bc of people being sexist, or whether there are both male and female that are M-type. It's more about the second they see the word "Pet", they think it's sexist just bc from somewhere they get the idea of male domination, how the book actually got published (and fairly highly rated...sales are about average at 10k/volume, aka far from being unknown). Of course, all this and I have yet to see one poster that have actually read the novel...

People have to realized that Mashiro is a pet mainly bc she basically only knows how to draw and nothing else, ie having zero common sense...(I don't want to go further, since that would spoiled too much...)

When I read comments on ANN, they not just only talk about sexist complaints, but also they got tired of LN adaptations and say something negative like "Congratulations ! Japan, you are now making unoriginal LN adaptations with generic story, characters or something". :(

ion475 2012-04-09 17:40

Quote:

When I read comments on ANN, they not just only talk about sexist complaints, but also they got tired of LN adaptations and say something negative like "Congratulations ! Japan, you are now making unoriginal LN adaptations with generic story, characters or something".
I was mainly laughing at the troll(s) that call this sexist. Personally I care less about those that call adaptation generic. Although, yeah, don't expect THAT much originality for this...it's a bittersweet at times love comedy, nothing more, nothing less. I like the novel personally but is it anything THAT special? No...(Half of the characters are certainly not futsu at all, though...)

asaqe 2012-04-09 17:53

The problem is most LNs out right now comes off as "generic" in the sense all of them resemble something a watered down eroge since VN adaptations are losing ground due to how people dislike the blue ball nature of VNs adaptations.

Valky 2012-04-09 18:15

It looks good from the novel illustrations.

I've yet to read the LN, but I don't really mind another Romance/Comedy to watch. It seems fun too from the synopsis.

Still no info about the studio huh? I hope they pick a decent one for this. Official website still doesn't have anything on it ..

ion475 2012-04-09 19:31

Quote:

It looks good from the novel illustrations.
IMO that's the reason why I read the series in the first place. On the other hand, since you do have Tsukiko as your avy and I found カントク and Mizoguchi's art style fairly similar, maybe that's why you love that illustrations :)

Quote:

The problem is most LNs out right now comes off as "generic" in the sense all of them resemble something a watered down eroge since VN adaptations are losing ground due to how people dislike the blue ball nature of VNs adaptations.
It's also b/c there are a LOT more LNs out there than VNs...I mean, not that expensive to publish a book but fairly expensive to produce a game, even if it's scrolling scene of CGs...

Ravenblitz 2012-06-05 19:39

Spoiler for Dengeki G:

NoemiChan 2012-06-05 19:43

I smell romance again... definitely gonna watch it....!!!!

Marcus H. 2012-06-05 20:33

Why is there a void between the blonde's legs? Cycling shorts? :twitch:

MisaoFan 2012-06-06 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4194167)
Why is there a void between the blonde's legs? Cycling shorts? :twitch:

Not really cycling shorts, but a darker shadow that hides her panties. :innoncent:

NoemiChan 2012-06-06 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4194499)
Not really cycling shorts, but a darker shadow that hides her panties. :innoncent:

Its odd that the panties are not clear at that angle..:heh:

Guess its not ecchi... * draws something on the ground..:heh:

winhlp32 2012-06-06 08:18

Director: Atsuko Ishizuka
Writer: Mari Okada
Character design: Masahiro Fujii
Studio: J.C. Staff

Show starts in Fall.

They have a good director, though I am ambivalent about the writer...

MisaoFan 2012-06-06 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by winhlp32 (Post 4194812)
Director: Atsuko Ishizuka
Writer: Mari Okada
Character design: Masahiro Fujii
Studio: J.C. Staff

Show starts in Fall.

They have a good director, though I am ambivalent about the writer...

This is obviously the one I expected to have another generic harem LN adaptation at J.C Staff to be written by Okada, and I was right except it doesn't include "harem" tag.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.