AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Monogatari Series Second Season - Anime News & Speculation (No Spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111574)

Azuma Denton 2012-04-07 01:59

Monogatari Series Second Season - Anime News & Speculation (No Spoilers)
 
Yesh, it is guarantee now... :heh:
All of the is being green-lit...
I wonder if they will do this in one sweep, 26-eps of Monogatari?? :D
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ally-green-lit


Mod Edit: Additional Details:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANN
The extra also states that producers want to create an anime adaptation of Nekomonogatari (Black), the last title of the Monogatari novel series's "first season," into a still-undecided format, then adapt the six works that make up the "second season" of the Monogatari series that span from Nekomonogatari (White) to Koimonogatari as a 26-episode TV series.

Please remember that no Novel Spoilers are allowed in this thread, even behind spoiler tags.

Daniel Lind 2012-04-07 08:02

Quote:

I wonder if they will do this in one sweep, 26-eps of Monogatari??
That's 7 novels, right? Assuming each will take 5-7 episodes on the average (and I don't think you can cut any of them up like Tsukihi Phoenix) we'd need 3 or even 4 cours.

A year of Monogatari. Oh boy, I'm gonna need more lube for this.

omimon 2012-04-07 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Lind (Post 4095155)
That's 7 novels, right? Assuming each will take 5-7 episodes on the average (and I don't think you can cut any of them up like Tsukihi Phoenix) we'd need 3 or even 4 cours.

A year of Monogatari. Oh boy, I'm gonna need more lube for this.

26 episodes for 6 novels....oh god this is Tsukihi Phoenix all over again...

Officially between season two there is 1671 pages of material. Divide that by 26 episodes and we get 64 pages per episode.

This also implies that either Kuro is getting an OVA or the ignore card.

Daniel Lind 2012-04-07 11:25

Quote:

26 episodes for 6 novels....
Is this confirmed yet?
Becuase that's just ridiculous unless they actually go and do adaptation rewrite rather than just cut lines out as usual.

ultimatemegax 2012-04-07 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Lind (Post 4095393)
Is this confirmed yet?
Becuase that's just ridiculous unless they actually go and do adaptation rewrite rather than just cut lines out as usual.

From the article (and this otanews link):
  • It'll be difficult for Kizu to be released in 2012. It might be postponed.
  • We're thinking about adapting Neko (White) to Koi in a two cour "second season."
  • We're thinking that Neko (Black) won't be in the second season.

Edit: From what I can read, it could be that there will be two-cours for the entire "second season" or it could be split into two-cour portions. They do want to animate Neko (black) too.

relentlessflame 2012-04-07 12:39

I think this approach makes a lot of sense.

- movie for Kizumonogatari
- movie/OVA for Neko Black
- 2-cour (or split-cour) TV series for Neko (white) to Koi
- 1-cour final TV series for the last three novels (or a series of movies)

That gives them basically 4-5 episodes per novel, which is the equivalent of a movie's length for each. It may be a bit less than some people are hoping for, but it allows them to cover the entire series in a reasonable amount of time before the franchise goes cold. Otherwise, if they do it the way they've been doing it so far, it'll drag out for years and years, and that's probably not in anyone's best interests (except perhaps for the hardcore novel fans who'd be willing to wait any length of time if it means more episodes...)

Azuma Denton 2012-04-08 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4095503)
I think this approach makes a lot of sense.

- movie for Kizumonogatari
- movie/OVA for Neko Black
- 2-cour (or split-cour) TV series for Neko (white) to Koi
- 1-cour final TV series for the last three novels (or a series of movies)

That gives them basically 4-5 episodes per novel, which is the equivalent of a movie's length for each. It may be a bit less than some people are hoping for, but it allows them to cover the entire series in a reasonable amount of time before the franchise goes cold. Otherwise, if they do it the way they've been doing it so far, it'll drag out for years and years, and that's probably not in anyone's best interests (except perhaps for the hardcore novel fans who'd be willing to wait any length of time if it means more episodes...)

Hmm, i agree that is the more realistic way if animating them all, except i believe the last 3 three novels should get 2-cour instead...

And given how SHAFT works, i guess that the earliest we see the end of Monogatari series is by end of 2014... :heh:

Xellos-_^ 2012-04-09 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuma Denton (Post 4096225)
Hmm, i agree that is the more realistic way if animating them all, except i believe the last 3 three novels should get 2-cour instead...

And given how SHAFT works, i guess that the earliest we see the end of Monogatari series is by end of 2014... :heh:

Which is a lot better then KyoAni/Haruhi. Fans of the series get all of it done in 6 yrs.

Look how long it took JC staff to do Shana and whether KyoAni will ever finish Haurhi is anyone's guess. And as out of control as Shinbo gets sometime, you know you won't get a endless eight.

Wigwams 2012-04-09 23:41

more details on the next anime works.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...works-outlined

Westlo 2012-04-10 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 4098848)
Which is a lot better then KyoAni/Haruhi. Fans of the series get all of it done in 6 yrs.

Well it helps that Nisio is a far more prolific writer than the author of Haruhi...

teja208 2012-04-10 01:39

Even though I haven’t read all the novels, but I can see why novel readers complain about 26 episodes won’t be sufficient to cover all necessary parts of the material and more than willing to wait longer in order to get more than two-cours to cover six books. However, I can imagine far worse scenarios if other studios are responsible for the adaptation of Monogatari novels. I believe this will be the least of their worries.

Let's see. KyoAni is quite faithful to the sources, but works like a turtle. Every two novels for 3-5 years at least. Poor FMP fans.

JC staff employed what I would called “do or don't” strategy. They will start of by being loyal to the novel first (Shana 1, Index) to hook up the novel readers and play it safe. When they successfully hook up a solid novel fanbase, they move on to fanservice fillers (Shana 2, Railgun) to attract other type of fans. That's their do or don't strategy.

AIC isn't good either when it comes to adaptation. Look at how AIC ASTA mess up the ending of Sora no Otoshimono 2 and the following movie. In Amagami SS they leave a certain heroine friendzone to have her ending in Amagami Plus. For AIC Build, Ore Imo and Haganai has them left out all the first-person monologue. They think cutting out monologues will not hurt the series so you can picture how they would adapt Monogatari series.:frustrated:

Oh, and don't let me remind you what if Xebec gets it. *shivers*

Look, I'm not saying that Shaft is the best animation studio out there. They have their own flaws and sometime their art style upsets some people, but at least IMO, they are the best among to worse of studios when it comes to adapting novels and I think it's much safer to leave Monogatari anime with them compare to other studios. Shaft is both fast and loyal if a series is well recieved it is almost guarantee a second or third season from them.

I know that novel readers will likely find it disappointing if some parts of novels they like to see failed to get into anime, they have all the right to complain when that time comes, but keep in mind that if what is seen in anime is the exact copy of the novel, people would just watch the anime rather than interested in picking up the novel to see what else is there. I.e. there will be no new novel fans. So it is up to those who have read the novels to clarify what aspects of the novels was left out or lost in the adaptation and try converting non-novel readers to become novel readers. Involvement in fan translations of the novel is also a way to help the novels more accessible to the fans like what happened with Haruhi novels.

For me, I’m ok with Shaft’s 26 episodes adaptation plan as far as things goes. It may not be perfect, but I think the best that we can afford for future of Monogatari franchise or would you like to have it only 13 episode for who knows how many novels + fillers adapt by other studio? At least they made it clear enough they intended to adapt all six books given they didn't lie about it. Hopefully, they will keep their promise.

Masuzu 2012-04-10 02:38

Now that sounds interesting, despite having less episodes per novel.

I wonder if they'll go in chronological order...

omimon 2012-04-10 07:37

Season 1 and 2 had 26 episodes and did 1436 pages worth of material.

As I mentioned already season two of the novels contain 1671 pages of material.

It's a tough case. 26 episodes clearly isn't enough as we saw Tsukihi Phoenix got really rushed. On the other hand the extra two hundred pages doesn't really warrant a extra cour.

Tough indeed.

Shikijin 2012-04-10 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 4099784)
For AIC Build, Ore Imo and Haganai has them left out all the first-person monologue. They think cutting out monologues will not hurt the series so you can picture how they would adapt Monogatari series.:frustrated:

Even Shaft cut monologues. I think it just has to do with time dilation, the monologues probably would ruin the pace of an anime. The problem is when the inner monologues support the gags.

Anyway Shaft is definitively good as far as adaptations go, but not always 100% good.
Quote:

I know that novel readers will likely find it disappointing if some parts of novels they like to see failed to get into anime
Those parts of the novels are the ones that explain why and how things make sense. The disappointment will come from the fact people will keep saying Bake was better :rolleyes:

Then again, the result of the adaptation may differ from book to book.

I personally have a theory on the reason behind Shaft's choice, a bit more prosaic than the will to give anime fans their adaptation quickly:
Spoiler for nekoshiro to koi:

Masuzu 2012-04-10 08:44

^ How? There isn't much Hitagi at all...anywhere.

Except ofcourse within the hearts of all her fans but that's not what I mean...

Malkuth 2012-04-10 09:24

Not all :p

Masuzu 2012-04-10 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkuth (Post 4100272)
Not all :p

Her fans, duh. :p

omimon 2012-04-10 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikijin (Post 4100210)
Spoiler for nekoshiro to koi:

If they do that I am going to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed.

Azuma Denton 2012-04-10 20:03

A good ol Hitagi will be great...
But if i only see a "normal" Hitagi without her abusive words, then dont bother animate it unless that is the core story...

I rather see other characters with their usual conversation...

Miyuki-ism 2012-04-13 11:51

This is getting confusing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.