AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TERA Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111654)

Keroko 2012-04-13 19:24

TERA Online
 

Less commonly known as The Exiled Realm of Arborea, TERA is an upcoming action MMO from Bluehole studios. Though already released in Korea for a year now, it is now close to making it's way to the US and EU.

With the MMO genre having grown rather oversaturated, MMO's are looking more and more to inovate the genre. As an action MMO, TERA doesn't have the 'random number' system other MMO's do (you launch an attack, the computer rolls a dice to see if you hit, etc.). Instead, you manually aim and dodge your attacks, a sharp contrast with the majority of the other MMO's out there.

Also, it has loli's.

With beta's underway, let's discuss the game while we wait for launch.

Xion Valkyrie 2012-04-13 19:46

It's a solid game except for the story/quests. The quests are really bad, and the main storyline up to 20's doesn't feel very interesting or personal.

Everything else about the game is great though, especially since EME is making a lot of changes to cater to the western audience. They removed a lot of the hair-pulling RNG from the end game stuff which was my biggest complain about the game.

Dist 2012-04-13 20:58

Finally someone made thread for this. Can't wait for OBT and then for the launch. I've played in each beta and this is by far, the best MMO I have played in years. If all the MMO's that are released are going to follow the same pattern with WoW with random numbers where skill is not needed and only gear matters, then TERA will always be that special MMO for me.

And indeed, it has damn lolis.

btw Keroko, make that picture transparent. Looks better :P

Bonta Kun 2012-04-13 22:34

Ah so this is what it was, I buzzed a friend about this a while back and then somehow totally forgot about it or the name and tried to remember.
Only found out about it cause of some Youtube vids, the character creation ones, how I got onto them I can't remember, you know looking at one vid and then somehow hour later your looking at a vid that has absolutely nothing to do with the vid from a hour ago:p

I really really want this cause it simply looks gorgeous but sadly I'm not in the market for a sub-fee based game, so gonna have to stick with the freebies for now.

MeoTwister5 2012-04-13 22:51

This on Open Beta yet?

synaesthetic 2012-04-13 23:34

Lolis... :heh:

The open beta download is so ridiculously slow now I'm not even trying to download it, but I fully intend to buy it in May. :)

Edit: Woah, woah, the beta characters carry over to the retail version? I might try to wrangle this monster yet!

We should all try to get on the same server and form an asuki guild. :)

Elestia 2012-04-14 00:29

Supposedly it's suppose to start on the 20th, but pre-orders will get to play one day earlier.

Kyero Fox 2012-04-14 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 4106839)
Lolis... :heh:

The open beta download is so ridiculously slow now I'm not even trying to download it, but I fully intend to buy it in May. :)

Edit: Woah, woah, the beta characters carry over to the retail version? I might try to wrangle this monster yet!

We should all try to get on the same server and form an asuki guild. :)

Lets try to get it as a RP guild.


By the waaaaay........ am I the only one on this board that's NOT gonna roll a loli? Instead a female Aman?? XD But my Main will be a human tank.

So far my plan is
Female Aman DPS, Male Castanic Mage, Human Male Tank


Servers


Arachnaea PVE Yes
Basilisk Crag PVP Yes
Blightwood PVE Yes
Celestial Hills - Roleplay PVE Yes <--- lets go to this one. Because if some of us want to RP, we'll be on the server with other RP's, Those who don't want to RP won't be hurt by being on the server. Unless you all chose a PVP server. Plus its a prettier name >_>

Dragonfall PVE Yes
Freeholds PVE Yes
Frost Reach PVE Yes
Jagged Coast PVP Yes
Serpentis Isle PVE Yes
Valley of Titans PVP Yes

Thany 2012-04-14 01:27

Good game, too bad EME is a terrible company and will bring it to ruin (they already started with the stupid and badly done censorship and other things apparently).

synaesthetic 2012-04-14 01:36

What censorship? Lolis with no pants, dude! That's going to get them a lot of flak for not censoring!

NorthernFallout 2012-04-14 01:49

Seeing how I got into Closed Beta this weekend, I'm hoping I'll be able to DL it before the weekend is up (heard it's very slow.) Next weekend is reserved for GW2 beta.

Got nagged into signing up for this so might as well try it. Looks beautiful, but how grindy it is remains to be seen. As for classes and races... no lolis for me. Female Human Lancer, Male Aman Warrior or Baraka Berserker. This will be hard to decide,

ME SMASH STUFF.

synaesthetic 2012-04-14 02:19

I'm thinking elin sorcerer first. :) And then others later on.

Dist 2012-04-14 03:07

They censored their clothes. The original clothes show '' too much skin '' (you can see their bellies), but now you cant. You can just uncensor that yourself, though.

Kyero : You're wrong. If you do NOT intend to roleplay, then you'll really be better off in a normal server. Additionally I can't suggest PVP server to anyone who wants to enjoy the game. Well that is, unless you enjoy dying when random max leveled dudes come and kill your group while you're fighting elites. That happens.. ALOT. Like seriously, A DAMN ALOT. And only victims are penalized too.. Victims lose their crystals but attackers don't get anything ..

And whoever said it, EME is not a bad company. EME is 999999x better than Frogster, who is the publisher of the EU version. Even though I live in Finland, I'm going to play on NA servers. Also EME works directly under Bluehole Studios which is the developing company for TERA. The reason Elins were censored is because they wanted the game 12+ rating or something, instead of 15+ or whatever it got without the censors ..

... Anywayyys. If you don't like getting ganked or doing it yourself, I'd like to invite any Animesukians to join me on Dragonfall PVE server :)

synaesthetic 2012-04-14 03:19

I'll reserve my mobile loli artillery there, then. :)

Jaden 2012-04-14 04:03

Well, you can switch some files to get the korean models, and also korean or japanese voices if you want. It's against the terms of service though I think, so do it at your own risk. But all that's available on the net...just saying. :p

I played in the closed betas of this game with some dudes, and actually really enjoyed it. I think this is my favourite MMO at the moment.

That said, it has its share of weaknesses and I fear for its future. Maintaining the balance and adding new content is really important for an MMO. Currently the game is averagely popular in Korea and apparently dying in Japan. However, plenty of big updates are still planned for the Korean version of the game this year. If they can keep developing and marketing the game for the western crowd it might become popular yet.

For a roleplayer it's not a very evocative game. Even the Enmasse folks who were showing off the game at gamescom(?) admit the story is just a backdrop and not something they are greatly invested in. That means it's going to be that much harder to get in character.

The way the combat works is really cool, though. It allows for a lot of challenge in PvE encounters as well as interesting PvP. The way you can't move once you use an ability and have to wait out the predetermined attack animation makes things clunky, but also very much tactical. And you should keep in mind some people got gear with +55% attack speed in the end game, so things are going to get rather hectic there.

Kyral 2012-04-14 04:17

I was able play last closed-beta and it's quit fun.

The quests are really medicore. But at least fighting is fun enough to keep you at it and the more skills you get the more fun it becomes (Not to mention that mobs get tuffer and thus also more fun to fight later, as you don't just stand around anymore).

I first wanted to make a male Castanic Warrior, but now I'm stuck with the Elin Mystic I made for the lulz (and she's totaly awesome).

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 4107000)
What censorship? Lolis with no pants, dude! That's going to get them a lot of flak for not censoring!

The issue most people have here is not the censorship... but the way it was handled. People are accusing EME that they did a lazy hackjob.
They even made fan censorship 'shops to show that it could have been done better. Like this one.

SaintessHeart 2012-04-14 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 4106839)
Lolis... :heh:

The open beta download is so ridiculously slow now I'm not even trying to download it, but I fully intend to buy it in May. :)

Edit: Woah, woah, the beta characters carry over to the retail version? I might try to wrangle this monster yet!

We should all try to get on the same server and form an asuki guild. :)

DID SOMEONE SAY LOLIS! I WANT LOLIS!

*looks at timetable*

Sad pedobear panda is sad pedobear panda. :(

Maybe I'll start an Elin Priest. Which server are we going?

Solace 2012-04-14 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyral (Post 4107169)
People are accusing EME that they did a lazy hackjob.

EME can't win the argument. No matter what they do they won't please everyone. The shorts are good enough and it helps cut down on the potential problems moral police in the west will have. It's still a loli anime girl.

Kyral 2012-04-14 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 4107205)
EME can't win the argument. No matter what they do they won't please everyone. The shorts are good enough and it helps cut down on the potential problems moral police in the west will have. It's still a loli anime girl.

I know. Fun thing is you don't even really see thier panties (not with the classic mmo 3rd person camera), so I have no complains about how they censored it.
Another thing is how they got rid of thier midriffs, which is also something you normaly don't see playing. Hell, I sometimes wish I would get some pants for my Elin.

On the other hand I always was one for realistic looks who mostly sees his character as an representation of himself, which is why I never understood the "I make female chars because I don't want so look at the ass of some guy all the time." argument. Because that's MY ass and I don't see a point in staring at it.

MeoTwister5 2012-04-14 05:35

Debating if I'll give this MMO a go should I choose not to ass on to my 60 day SWTOR play.

Gonna try Open Beta of course. You guys chosen a server?

Of course I'm playing either a tank or a healbitch as per usual since, as everyone knows, they get all the chicks. I won't be partying with Saintess though since he'll just molest my characters.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.