AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for showbiz related anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111710)

magegirl 2012-04-15 22:01

Looking for showbiz related anime

Hey, i'm looking for some showbiz related anime. :nod: Like skip beat, full moon wo sagashite, kodomo no omocha and kirarin revolution. Though i like kodocha and kirarin revolution better because they are the kinds which have comedy romance and more of showbiz. I like the main characters being famous.... :smile: I hope i could have some suggestions from you guys thanks!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-04-15 22:44

Idolm@aster and White Album directly comes to mind. The former is light in story while the latter is a serious romance.

Masuzu 2012-04-15 22:51

Seconding IDOLM@STER, also try Love Love?.

GreatTeacherKen 2012-04-15 22:56

I'll second the second Idolmaster TV series. Don't confuse it with Idolmaster Xenoglossia, which although it features most of the same characters is radically different from the second TV series and the original game.

The second Idolmaster TV series (and the games the anime is based off of) is about a beginning idol singer agency rising in popularity and the series shows the characters holding concerts, appearing on variety shows and movies, competing with rival agencies, and the singers' personal lives as well. The series starts off comedic and cute, but turns more serious in the second half of the series and it has some very moving episodes with episodes 19-20 probably being the most memorable. There isn't really any romance in it though.

SeijiSensei 2012-04-15 23:02

Kaleido Star is the story of a girl who wants to join a famous circus troupe.

Nodame Cantabile is a romantic comedy about two college-aged classical musicians. One of them, Chiaki Shinichi, wants to become a famous conductor. One day he discovers he has a new neighbor in his apartment building who is a disorganized young woman with a remarkable, but undeveloped talent as a pianist. The show follows their careers through college and, in the sequels, beyond. One of my favorite anime shows.

In Blood+ the heroine's sister and main antagonist is an opera singer. You don't really see her ply her craft until late in the series, though.

Masuzu 2012-04-16 03:25

^ How could I have forgotten about that? Absolutely second Perfect Blue.

sa547 2012-04-16 03:27

Oops, the threadstarter was looking for comedic depiction of the entertainment business. Perfect Blue is damn great, but very dark; Macross Frontier has one side that depicts the idol-making process, from the gutter to the stars.

MisaoFan 2012-04-16 03:40

Lemon Angel Project comes to mind.

Stealther 2012-04-16 13:15

Skip Beat!
Kaleido Star
Glass Mask

MisaoFan 2012-04-16 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealther (Post 4111178)
Skip Beat!
Kaleido Star
Glass Mask

She already seen the former, but haven't watched the other two.

thevil1 2012-04-16 14:08

Nana is good. The art style is a bit different compared to main stream anime though, but still pretty good.

magegirl 2012-04-16 20:42

thanks for your suggestions i'll check them out. :heehee:

HarimaHario 2012-04-17 22:58

I second Glass Mask (2005).. crunchyroll should have it. You'll lose sleep over this for sure.

White Album = love it or hate it anime.... I enjoyed it

I"s Pure = Romance with very little showbiz (6 episodes)