AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Supernatural/Fantasy anime 2012 Please Help! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111823)

sadisticlust 2012-04-22 12:00

Supernatural/Fantasy anime 2012 Please Help!

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the loop for a while now with any anime from 2012. Please help I don't want to give up on anime but I just can't find any worth watching anymore. I like supernatural/fantasy anime with a great story and character development. Also I like some depressing or melodramatic scenes. Some example of animes I have enjoyed are:

1. Sora no otoshimono (forte)
2. 11 eyes
3. Death note
4. ga rei zero
5. black butler 1 and 2
6. Any by key visual arts

Please help me!!!! I don't want to give up on anime!!!!

MisaoFan 2012-04-22 12:08

Here's my list :
- High School DxD (beginning is a bit ridiculous, but when the story progress, it become good. Since it's based on a novel, I'll suggets you reading it on Baka-Tsuki after watching the anime)
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear
- Accel World (the MC's appearance might turn off but you'll be fine with the rest)
- AnoHana
- C3 -Cube X Cursed X Curious-
- A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives
- Qwaser of Stigmata
- H2O -Footprints in the Sand-

Kirito 2012-04-22 12:09

Darker than Black - It's about a Chinese agent named Hei, and his team, and they work on special high risk missions that involved secret organizations, and other superhuman agents trying to unravel the mystery of a monument called "Hell's Gate". However, during the course of the anime things aren't always what they seem.

To Aru Majutsu no Index - It's about a boy named Touma Kamijou who possesses a mysterious power in his right hand called "Imagine Breaker". His encounter with a nun called "Index" changes his life forever as he's drawn into a secret controversial world of magic and science.

SeijiSensei 2012-04-22 12:35

I don't know why you'd restrict yourself to 2012 when there are a lot of excellent older shows not on your list like:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Bakeneko/Mononoke
Seirei no Moribito
Kemono no Sou-ja Erin
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ghost Hound

In the current season, I'll recommend Tsuritama.

I prefer the fansubs for Erin, but I can't link to them because the show is licensed. You might also like Bakemonogatari, but again no link because it's just been licensed.

sadisticlust 2012-04-22 12:41

@senji it's not that I'm restricting myself to 2012 I've seen the anime that I like from other years but I haven't kept track of the supernatural/fantasy anime from 2012

Thanks everyone for the comments!

SeijiSensei 2012-04-22 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadisticlust (Post 4122372)
@senji it's not that I'm restricting myself to 2012 I've seen the anime that I like from other years but I haven't kept track of the supernatural/fantasy anime from 2012

Thanks everyone for the comments!

So have you watched all the shows I recommended? If so, good for you!

Echoes 2012-04-23 21:39

Even being out of the loop, you've probably watched this, but I'm going to start off with the obvious: Nisemonogatari.

Black Rock Shooter has a supernatural element to it as well, I suppose.

Practical joke 2012-04-25 17:30

noone even mentioned Fate Zero (still airing),

End of 2011 there was Deadman wonderland.
Also check up on:

- mirai nikki
- nisemonogatari (you have to like the style though)
- Guilty Crown
- Dantalion no shoka
- no. 6

it'll keep you busy, dunno if all fit your taste, but it should give you a nice selection of end 2011-begin 2012