AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Inari, KonKon, Koi Iroha (Manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112147)

Okashira 2012-05-08 18:23

Inari, KonKon, Koi Iroha (Manga)

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha [ いなり、こんこん、恋いろは ] is authored by Yoshida Morohe [ 吉田もろへ ], this is a romantic comedy series that runs monthly in young ace, right now it has 3 volumes.

In case you need it, the chinese name for this is 稻荷恋之歌

The story is pretty fun and the way things are handled is interesting, this is like, the only non light novel romcom that I'm following. Yoshida Morohe has only worked on shoujo before this, and that kinda shows in the writing, but don't let that turn you away from the story.

Serialization started in 2010 and the series is still on going, the scanlation has been handled by Sense-scans and Shoujo Crusade (it's a joint release), right now there is 12 chapter scanlated in english and 20 in chinese (the latest magazine chapter). Volume 3 raws are recent, thus we are going to have to wait a while for volume 4.

There is a jwiki page and a chinese wiki page but no eng wiki.

Summary
Quote:

Inari is a normal middle school student who happens to have a pretty big crush on one of the schools most popular lads, the sporty Tanbabashi-kun. Normally Inari is fine with watching him from afar and growing closer naturally, but lately Tanbabashi-kun keeps gazing Sumizome-san, the school's madonna.

While trying to push forward her relationship with Tanbabashi, she literally "stumbles" into a stupid mistake which worsens their relationship to the point where Tanbabashi starts ignoring her completely...

Desperate, Inari runs towards a shrine in order to be alone and sort out her feelings... However, something is unusually strange in the normally quiet shrine... Inari so happens to meet Uka no Mitamano, one of the highest ranked Gods in Shintoism and a Fox Goddess. It looks like Inari's constant praying and good deeds managed to get some divine intervention in her case.
Volume covers

Characters
Spoiler for Spoiler due to large size:

Thoughts?

Well, as I said before, I really like the series, when I started it and read the first 3 chapters I thought that it was ok, but that it wasn't going to get much better; but the series actually totally caught me by surprise and got a lot better. The architecture of the events is pretty nice and things are usually surprising in a good sense, plus the characters do have weight and thus feel meaningful, even the joke characters have things to add to the story.

Whenever I'm read this, I'm usually reminded of Lare, in other words most of his critics on romcoms actually end up nicely when interpolated with this story, this is a romance which has good & clear writing, plus you can feel that the author has a plan with the story and is sticking to it. Furthermore there it aren't "cheap harems" or "cheap love triangle" elements, this one is good & interesting without falling into cheezy overdone developments that you saw coming from miles away.

Chandalen 2012-05-08 18:55

This looks interesting. I was waiting for more to be out before I started it. Too many ongoing series to keep track of these days sigh.

ahelo 2012-09-06 21:53

There's about 13 chapters translated and I'm really liking this manga. There's a strong sort of focus on friendship (between friends and between god and human) and it has a lot of quirks that I really appreciate. It also doesn't hurt that it has pretty amazing artwork, especially with the backgrounds.

Master Assassin 2012-09-06 21:59

Somehow my reason for reading this has been pretty much simplified to seeing Uka's and Touka's interactions between each other.

I wonder if that's... not a good thing? But meh, I really like it when the two interact. :heh:

Okashira 2012-09-06 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Assassin (Post 4339276)
Somehow my reason for reading this has been pretty much simplified to seeing Uka's and Touka's interactions between each other.
:heh:

There is nothing bad on that, in fact it gets a lot better as it goes on :heh:

edit :

The cover for volume 4 is amazing

Checking the raws, the upcoming chapters are going to be super awesome, but the cliffhanger in chapter 24 is insane, and there is no new chapter till October.

Okashira 2012-09-10 22:58

14 scanlated. Totally lighthearted chapter

dazguy 2012-10-21 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Assassin (Post 4339276)

I wonder if that's... not a good thing? But meh, I really like it when the two interact. :heh:

exactly. the manga is more interesting to read when it focus on uka and touka. the development between those two are more better than the mc. only reading this since i want to find out how the relationship between uka and touka development :D

Okashira 2012-10-26 14:52

I hope that I'm not the only one following these streams of releases? As of now 18 has been scanlated already.

Of course there are some developments for everyone's favorite couple.

blade82 2012-10-26 15:36

its nice but i'm more interested in Touka x Uka pairing

Okashira 2012-10-26 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade82 (Post 4413470)

That's what I meant by "everyone's favorite couple". They have been progressing at a slower pace than Inari & Tanbabashi, though the omai is obviously going to spice things up. BTW, Inari actually has been kinda smooth on winning Tanbabashi's affections :heh:

blade82 2012-10-26 17:56

maybe she cheated again with her magic power

XeroFyction 2012-11-27 16:03

Chapter 21

There's great stuff in this chapter.

Is Kon a guy or a girl?

Spoiler for spoiler:

Okashira 2012-11-30 17:58

Ah, I knew it

Murakumo 2012-11-30 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okashira (Post 4457248)

I kinda hope that it'd take quite sometime before it streams,

Spoiler for spoiler, I guess:

RRW 2012-12-01 17:15

marathon the manga nice love story about human and wacky god.

also it interesting to that is not standard "she love him, He love Her, his friend love her, etc" love relitionship

greensoulreaper 2012-12-29 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by blade82 (Post 4413470)

I've been reading the manga on a another site and a lot of comments that were posted there seemed to favor Touka x Uka as well. :D Touka & Uka's interactions are pretty fun to watch though. I noticed the manga would occasionally jump to a scene between them briefly and then go back to focus on Inari...the same pattern often repeats. It would definitely be cool if more of the chapter was devoted to Touka & Uka once in a while.

There are 23 chapters scanlated & out in english from Shoujo-Sense scans right now. This here's my favorite scene so far :):

Spoiler for Touka & Uka moment - Chapter 20:

And there is one other scene in a earlier chapter where Touka tries to grope Uka while she's asleep. Freaking hilarious...XD That is my second fav. one haha!

Touka = Chunnibyou Tsundere? lol.

NeutralZero 2012-12-30 03:17

can some1 explain to us what happen to the latest raw?
Especially to Inari's staus...

Okashira 2012-12-30 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 4494122)
can some1 explain to us what happen to the latest raw?
Especially to Inari's staus...

26? For what I remember....

Spoiler:

NeutralZero 2012-12-30 16:58

Spoiler for 27...:

Okashira 2012-12-30 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeutralZero (Post 4494664)
Spoiler for 26...:

lol- no.

Spoiler: