AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 31 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112240)

Daniel E. 2012-05-13 03:35

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 31 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 31.


Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-05-13 03:36

Saw a raw episode via a stream. Fortress puts Seravee to GREAT shame.

solidvanz 2012-05-13 04:00

2chan thread: Deleted

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q-qgj6Apm8

casval cehack 2012-05-13 04:07

Shanalua is certainly the spy mention in the summary, she's so suspicious even with that pacifist front. Her protip in the Age-3 built-in simulator did guide Kio in the battle though. I wonder if the Vegans are blackmailing her (sister captured).

Wootbit, confirmed as Arisa's son, seem to be a Rody (and Age System) fanboy and the new pilot of the G-Hopper.

The Fortress earns its name for being a ground quad satellite cannon obliterating those 18 vegan drones. Kio's natural X-rounder skills adapted quickly to the Gomel's "delta attack" (the separation tactic was great).

As expected Natora is still very inexperience to a point that Albis functions as the acting captain and tactician. For the first time, we have a visible medical officer (Uona) and assistant/babysitter (Wendy) for the Diva.

The Diva seems to have the same Age-3 vernier technology, floating in the desert.

ReddyRedWolf 2012-05-13 04:09

That is very super robot of Age 3. Who needs swap-able parts when you have swap-able combiner bodies.

bio9205 2012-05-13 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 4158058)
Saw a raw episode via a stream. Fortress puts Seravee to GREAT shame.

Probably due to its high mobility, despite its bulky stature and it being made for heavy firepower. I do hope it has some melee weapons, though.

LoweGear 2012-05-13 04:17

As I was watching the battle between the AGE-3 and the Phantom 3, I kept thinking "This looks like a good time to perform OPEN GET!". And they didn't fail to deliver! See, the Core Fighter system is awesome afterall :D

Quite a shame about Shanalua's role getting revealed in the next ep preview though, given how her own words were the ones that allowed Kio to get his kill. Still, my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene, and if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them :eyespin:

*is obliterated by Fortress Full Burst*

casval cehack 2012-05-13 04:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4158108)
Probably due to its high mobility, despite its bulky stature and it being made for heavy firepower. I do hope it has some melee weapons, though.

That is an understatement.:D

@LoweGear - The cockpit scene looks motherly/sisterly to me. Likely a setup to shock Kio if she'll get written off early like the preview suggested.

j0x 2012-05-13 04:41

Kio learn how to fight more efficiently, running away from the enemy just mean you can predict their movements and you can prepare to attack or evade better, in dota game i think it was called juke or juking

Gundam AGE-3 Fortress has some heavy firepower, and looks like that pink haired teacher of Kio is a vagan spy from the impression i got on the next episode preview

P.S. the animation on the mecha fights on this last generation arc is consistent, im loving it :D

tsunade666 2012-05-13 05:31

The captain is still MOE! XD and Unoa was the medical staff of the ship. Little problems between pilot and mech but its been resolved already by the end of the episode. The battle in the sand reminds me of gundam seed. But the good part is fortress. Despite having all those big cannons. It's pretty agile in it's built but I notice that it's probably not built for space. but probably will be adjusted if they enter space battle. And Fortress also got the burst mode from g 00. It literally toast the desert field. Turning it into something like the moon surface.

Arabesque 2012-05-13 05:34

I have to say, these last two episodes made a thought appear in the back of me mind and that was ''When did this show get to be moe?'' Also, I can't really shake the Super Robot vibe this show now has with the Dragon Vagan ''canons'', the AGE-3 transformation and the cheesecake shots in the previous episode :heh:

I thought that this was a family show? :heh:
Also, poor captain Anus Enus. She looks like a little kid being told off half the time she's on screen :heh: and she looked so badarse in the OP as well


Oh well, at least the road to her becoming a baddass will be fun to watch, yes? I mean AGE had been good at that, especially with women in the show ... Yes? Anyone?

At least it was nice seeing more of the Asuno clan in this show other than Flit and Kio. Hope to see the rest soon as well so we can get to at least know what Emily and Romary think about what Flit has in mind ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4158093)
Shanalua is certainly the spy mention in the summary, she's so suspicious even with that pacifist front. Her protip in the Age-3 built-in simulator did guide Kio in the battle though. I wonder if the Vegans are blackmailing her (sister captured).

Yeah, They certainly didn't leave much room for any doubt :uhoh: Really, AGE lacks a whole lot of subtlety when it comes to a lot of it's development ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4158093)
Wootbit, confirmed as Arisa's son, seem to be a Rody (and Age System) fanboy and the new pilot of the G-Hopper.

Yeah, and also a little punk a**hole. Really have no idea how someone as awesome as Arisa can have a kid this awful. Her genes must have not carried over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4158093)
The Diva seems to have the same Age-3 vernier technology, floating in the desert.

I think it might be more of tech already implemented in the Diva originally, since I think the AGE-3 tech had been under wraps from the Federation (unless Flit had been working on the Diva without anyone knowing these past years)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4158110)
As I was watching the battle between the AGE-3 and the Phantom 3, I kept thinking "This looks like a good time to perform OPEN GET!". And they didn't fail to deliver! See, the Core Fighter system is awesome afterall :D

I know right? :D Man, The AGE-3 is going to rock so hard when it makes it's debut in the next SRW :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4158110)
my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene

You weren't the only one :D :uhoh:

Flit X Yurin / Asem X Arisa unrequited love successor, Victory Gundam underage style GO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4158110)
if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them :eyespin:

Nonsense, age has no bearing in this sho-- oh, wait.

orpheus2 2012-05-13 05:40

Looks like we have Servee's updated descendant in the form of AGE-3 Fortress. Now, it has mobility in which Seravee has failed to produce.

The core fighter has proven to be a great design. It has allowed more variety in attack and defense tactics.

I feel sorry for the captain.:heh:

Nightengale 2012-05-13 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4158110)
Quite a shame about Shanalua's role getting revealed in the next ep preview though, given how her own words were the ones that allowed Kio to get his kill. Still, my flag sensor kept ticking "KIO x SHANALUA" during that cockpit scene, and if Kio wasn't that young I'd definitely ship them :eyespin:

*is obliterated by Fortress Full Burst*

Nonsense, the /ss/ is what makes the ship. :p

Even more so since the 3rd gen already starts out with a wider cast of older more mature females. ;)

LightningZERO 2012-05-13 06:36

AGE Fortress kicks some major ass! Fire power and desert mobility? Win. I also like how Kio is using the separating gimmick of AGE 3 to his advantages. I thought the combination gimmick will go to waste, I am glad I am wrong

Wootbit can go to hell for all I care. What's up with anime series with the tenancy to insert annoying characters when it is not necessary? Same goes to the homeless kids as well.

I really wish AGE can be more discreet about its future plotlines but it is so painfully obvious that Shalualua (?) is the spy. The question is will she or will she not survive the following episode

houkoholic 2012-05-13 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4158176)
It literally toast the desert field. Turning it into something like the moon surface.

Sand + intense heat = glass. It's a very nice touch actually, didn't know AGE has it in them to go to that sort of length for detail.

Shanalua raised so many Victory Gundam/Shrike Team death flags in this episode I lost count. :heh:

casval cehack 2012-05-13 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 4158180)
I have to say, these last two episodes made a thought appear in the back of me mind and that was ''When did this show get to be moe?'' Also, I can't really shake the Super Robot vibe this show now has with the Dragon Vagan ''canons'', the AGE-3 transformation and the cheesecake shots in the previous episode :heh:

I thought that this was a family show? :heh:
Also, poor captain Anus Enus. She looks like a little kid being told off half the time she's on screen :heh: and she looked so badarse in the OP as well


Oh well, at least the road to her becoming a baddass will be fun to watch, yes? I mean AGE had been good at that, especially with women in the show ... Yes? Anyone?

At least it was nice seeing more of the Asuno clan in this show other than Flit and Kio. Hope to see the rest soon as well so we can get to at least know what Emily and Romary think about what Flit has in mind ...
Yeah, They certainly didn't leave much room for any doubt :uhoh: Really, AGE lacks a whole lot of subtlety when it comes to a lot of it's development ...

Yeah, and also a little punk a**hole. Really have no idea how someone as awesome as Arisa can have a kid this awful. Her genes must have not carried over.


I think it might be more of tech already implemented in the Diva originally, since I think the AGE-3 tech had been under wraps from the Federation (unless Flit had been working on the Diva without anyone knowing these past years)

Now, there will no more excuse that this show lacks moe.

I believe it is a first for Age, remembering Millias and the other girls. I can't wait for Natora to become the fitting captain of Diva as shown in the OP3. If she's going to make that journey, would Fram Nora make one in reverse (badass -> moe)?

With 3 Asunos in the frontline and at risk, I can only imagine the situation Emily and Romary is in, though they are a military family for 3 generations now. I do think they'll only show the two when something obviously critical is going to happen, considering Age's subtlety.

Wootbit scene with Kio is a contrast of his mother's meeting of Asem. Now that we've seen 2 pilots in the RIO position, would both Flit and Wootbit be on standby every operation? I'm also inclined to the idea that the floating ability is an upgrade to Diva (it did have a capable EFF crew while in reserved) even that damaged yellow engine part was in the original one.

brightman 2012-05-13 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by houkoholic (Post 4158248)
Shanalua raised so many Victory Gundam/Shrike Team death flags in this episode I lost count. :heh:

She seems to be going to more of a Anew Returner role than a Shrike Team role though...

Lets see next ep put a dash onto Kio's happy-happy attitude. If Kio's going to be the Judau of AGE, that attitude definitely has to go south.

nyerk 2012-05-13 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 4158245)
Wootbit can go to hell for all I care. What's up with anime series with the tenancy to insert annoying characters when it is not necessary?

I couldn't agree more. And how many shots of his 'angry' face did we need anyway? Oh look, he has a problem with the protagonist for no reason!

The first half of this ep was a total drag, second half made up for it somewhat with some decent action scenes. The new Veigan MS looks cool, and I was a huge fan of the Seravee so of course I took an immediate liking to the Fortress!

faiz blaster 2012-05-13 07:48

My impressions on this episode:

1 - They appearently changed Yunoa's seiyuu to Aya Endo (Emily's voice);

2 - Rather than than "Shrike Team", somehow Shanalua actually gave me more "Katejina"-vibes;

3 - Also on the matter of seiyuus, it is just me or Wootbit has the same voice as his grandfather?

4 - Earth Federation's new HQ being in South America is a clear nod to Jaburo.

orpheus2 2012-05-13 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by faiz blaster (Post 4158299)
2 - Rather than than "Shrike Team", somehow Shanalua actually gave me more "Katejina"-vibes;

4 - Earth Federation's new HQ being in South America is a clear nod to Jaburo.

Let's hope not. We do not need two queens of evil in the gundam universe

Like Jaburo, it will be most likely blown up. Who will do it remains to be seen.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.