AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hyouka (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Hyouka - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112291)

Kairin 2012-05-16 03:53

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Hyouka anime or novels. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Hyouka which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Hyper 2012-05-19 04:09

Since this is not a light novel where you can pretty much assume every girl is cute, I would like to know how the author descript the four main characters? To be more specific, does Mayaka described as cute or pretty? That would be relevant to the current "Satoshi may swing the other way" theory. ;)

traittrait 2012-05-19 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper (Post 4166790)
Since this is not a light novel where you can pretty much assume every girl is cute, I would like to know how the author descript the four main characters? To be more specific, does Mayaka described as cute or pretty? That would be relevant to the current "Satoshi may swing the other way" theory. ;)

From translated vol.1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novel vol.1
Ibara and I go back a long way, as we've been in the same class for nine years since primary school. Her baby-face features have been in place since childhood, and have only grown-up a bit after becoming a high-school student. You may find her child-like features and short stature cute, but do not be fooled by her appearance, for she carries a hidden weapon with her at all times. If you let your guard down, you would be greeted by her colourful blend of sarcastic wit. I was even told to stay away from her based on stories of guys who were fooled by her pretty looks, only to be sunk instantly. Not to mention as a result of her never admitting her mistakes, most people would mistake her for being a callous person.

And from vol.2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novel vol.2
Ibara Mayaka. While we were not exactly intimate with each other, for some reason we just couldn't avoid seeing each other all the time. While she had grown since primary school, she still had a childish-looking face despite being a high school student. Despite her appearance, she was actually quite strict. Besides being unforgiving to mistakes made by others, she was even more demanding towards herself. The reason for her wrath was simple, as it was agreed that we were supposed to meet up here at ten in the morning.

sergel02 2012-06-25 04:51

Just wondering, where can i find the light novel, or is it even in English?

Hyper 2012-06-25 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergel02 (Post 4223502)
Just wondering, where can i find the light novel, or is it even in English?

I'm not too sure about the rule so I won't post the link. Look for baka-tsuki and Hyouka. You should be able to find it. So far volume 1 is translated and volume 2 progress is very close to anime. I think that was the translator's intention. Hopefully he can keep that up :D

Triple_R 2012-07-24 13:21

I wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was, so I'm going to ask it here to be on the safe side.

I was curious if the Irisu/Eru scene in Hyouka Episode 14 was anime-original or not. I have this gut feeling that it was, but I wanted to confirm with a novel reader. :)

Shadow5YA 2012-09-10 00:28

I don't remember whether this was asked or not, but does anyone know whether all the sexual tension and implied romance between Houtarou and Eru is part of the source material, or is it extra added in with KyoAni's direction?

Student no.0 2012-10-02 22:57

Has all of the LN been adapted so far?

Hyper 2012-10-03 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mare Boy (Post 4379008)
Has all of the LN been adapted so far?

There are five, the first four of which are adapted.

blaze0041 2012-10-03 21:32

In this scene, what is the meaning of the kanji shown?
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Ringil 2012-10-03 22:20

I think it's most likely 叫, which means like to shout or scream. Though... it could also be 加, which means to increase, depending on what is the correct orientation of the kanji.

Irenicus 2012-10-04 01:08

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

blaze0041 2012-10-04 01:55

Well, that answers that then. Thanks to both of you. :)

Haiprbim 2013-05-17 10:30

A few questions here.

Overall, would you suggest me to watch the full season - 22 episodes?
Besides Mystery, what other genre(s) would explain the series? Comedy? Romance? Horror?

Thank-you very much in front!

Skane 2013-05-17 10:41

Hmm... if I had to describe it, it is basically about the character development. The mysteries are not the main point of the show, but tools to evolve and mature the characters. The characters you see in Ep01 will have "grown up" by Ep22.

Not in a radical sense, mind you, but a tangible difference.

One of the themes stated about the show was about the "bitterness of growing up", or as I like to put it, "coping with disappointment".

Cheers.

sky black swordman 2013-05-17 20:14

Quote:

what other genre(s) would explain the series? Comedy? Romance? Horror?
Welll there is Drama, some slight Romance, and Comedy.

Yami no Ou 2013-05-17 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiprbim (Post 4684289)
A few questions here.

Overall, would you suggest me to watch the full season - 22 episodes?
Besides Mystery, what other genre(s) would explain the series? Comedy? Romance? Horror?

Thank-you very much in front!

I would recommend you watching it all,there's a bit of Romance and Comedy here

Haiprbim 2013-05-19 12:26

I see. Thank-you very much, all three of you.

Student no.0 2013-07-02 23:10

Seeing as how there seems to be a 2-3 year gap between the release of a new novel, I guess we can expect a new book by this year maybe?

GreyZone 2013-07-03 19:03

How big are the chances for a 2nd season?