AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Walking Dead (Multi-platform) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112383)

Crimrui 2012-05-20 14:35

The Walking Dead (Multi-platform)
 

The Walking Dead is an episodic video game based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic book series for iOS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game was developed by Telltale Games. The game is told through the episodes, with only first being released so far.


Unlike typical zombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it is focused more on characterization and emotion, rather than action.


The game features a mix of both adventure and action elements. The game is told from the point of view of a character named Lee Everett, who is able to interact with the other survivors and his actions will influence the the further plot.

The game will be released in separate ensembles consisting of five episodes in total.

* Episode 1 A New Day - released in April 2012
* Episode 2 Starved for Help - sometimes during June
* Episode 3 Long Road Ahead - TBA
* Episode 4 Around Every Corner - TBA
* Episode 5 No Time Left - TBA

Spoiler for YouTube Game Trailer:


P.S. There is already a story trailer and few others as well, but I wouldn't recommend them as they contain spoilers in a form of a good surprise. ;)

Personally I found the first episode to be awesome. I highly recommend it. ^^

Mateus 2012-05-20 20:16

Looks interesting, but I was never really a fan of the series so its unlikely that I would play the game. Still cool though that they actually made one.

kenjiharima 2012-05-21 04:12

played the first episode of the game quite good truly survival horror.
it's also when you finish the game your gameplay choosing words to reply to people are compared to other people online.

Spoiler for Glenn:

SOGESNAKE 2012-05-21 19:38

I had picked this up thinking it was gonna play like Jurassic Park the Game.... sooo.... terrible. But I ended up loving it completely as a zombie fan~ :heh:

Kirito 2012-05-21 19:48

As a huge survival horror fan I really like this game plus it has zombies, which is a winner in my book.

Dilla 2012-05-21 21:04

Wasn't hard, but it is a nice little sidestory to the series. I've already pre-ordered the other episodes.

Spoiler:

Seitsuki 2012-05-21 22:14

At first I was worried the whole episodic thing was a Starcraft-esqe jackass attempt to oversell the game but after checking Steam, the (very reasonable) price includes all 5. Sigh of relief that integrity isn't dead in the industry yet. *stares at Blizzard and EA*

To those of you that have played it: about how long was the first episode?

SOGESNAKE 2012-05-21 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seitsuki (Post 4170783)
At first I was worried the whole episodic thing was a Starcraft-esqe jackass attempt to oversell the game but after checking Steam, the (very reasonable) price includes all 5. Sigh of relief that integrity isn't dead in the industry yet. *stares at Blizzard and EA*

To those of you that have played it: about how long was the first episode?


Well.... I'd say it's about 4-5 hours of gameplay from what I played. It really depends on how good you are at point and click games.

SOGESNAKE 2012-07-01 18:46

Thought I'd bump this up just to let people know that Episode 2 has been out since the 29th, and seeing as I just finished it... I'd advice everyone else to download it and play through it.

Spoiler for spoilers/don't read if you haven't beaten Ep. 2 yet:

kenjiharima 2012-07-01 20:00

2 is out? Wow...better get it now.

Kirito 2012-07-01 20:03

Seen it and loved it! Can't wait for episode 3, which will take awhile, unfortunately.

kenjiharima 2012-07-01 20:04

They should have made this one long complete game with levels instead of making us wait for the episode levels.

Kyero Fox 2012-07-01 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4233842)
Thought I'd bump this up just to let people know that Episode 2 has been out since the 29th, and seeing as I just finished it... I'd advice everyone else to download it and play through it.

Spoiler for spoilers/don't read if you haven't beaten Ep. 2 yet:

Right "you never listen to me" BULL SHIT, i sided with you 80% of the time...

anyways, I called the barn tho, that was obvious.

SOGESNAKE 2012-07-02 03:00

Going into it in more depth...

Spoiler for spoilers for episode 2's story:


All in all, what I think they're going to do is have each episode build up a character's "good side", while playing another character as a "bad guy". As episode 1 had Kenny look like the good people, and Lily and her father as the bad guys..... but episode 2 showed it the other way around.... so I can't wait to see what Episode 3 has~

Kyero Fox 2012-07-02 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4234454)
Going into it in more depth...

Spoiler for spoilers for episode 2's story:


All in all, what I think they're going to do is have each episode build up a character's "good side", while playing another character as a "bad guy". As episode 1 had Kenny look like the good people, and Lily and her father as the bad guys..... but episode 2 showed it the other way around.... so I can't wait to see what Episode 3 has~

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Crimrui 2012-07-02 17:31

Still not out on the Europian PSN mind you. Looks like I'm gonna wait this one for a few days.

Dilla 2012-07-04 15:53

I also called the St. John's motivations correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4234454)
Going into it in more depth...

Spoiler for spoilers for episode 2's story:


All in all, what I think they're going to do is have each episode build up a character's "good side", while playing another character as a "bad guy". As episode 1 had Kenny look like the good people, and Lily and her father as the bad guys..... but episode 2 showed it the other way around.... so I can't wait to see what Episode 3 has~

Spoiler:


Ugh, there isn't even a release date for episode 3 yet; it sucks, but I'm prepared for another 2 month hiatus.

Kyuu 2012-07-04 16:01

What system? If PC or Wii - I might actually play it. For, the series: I've seen only the first episode -- and I'm like... :twitch:

Dilla 2012-07-04 16:04

It is available for download for PC, PSN, and XBox Live.

Kirito 2012-07-04 16:14

Episodes one and two yes. Three not yet.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.