AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga & Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sensei no Bulge (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112411)

Claies 2012-05-21 20:52

Sensei no Bulge
 
Mangaupdates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mangaupdates description
On the once-peaceful planet of Industria, constant battles have been fought over control of the planet. Astro is a dim witted but kind boy who tirelessly works to feed his "family," a group of orphaned children. One day, after being fired from his most recent job, the prince of Industria, Bulge, appears in front of him. And even more shocking, Prince Bulge looks and sounds exactly like Astro! One thing leads to another, and Astro now has to take Bulge's place as the heir to the throne of Industria! Suddenly, he's faced with the task of bringing peace and harmony back to this war-torn planet!

Looks fairly promising so far. Art is about on par with the rest of the Weekly Shonen Jump hits. The main character is typical, a kind-hearted kid down on his luck but suddenly given a power to rule the world.

There's still a ton of leeway for it to look better or worse, but the setting stands out.

Gundamx 2012-05-22 10:35

LoL... it's look like the twin prince... one rich and other poor...
But in this one the real prince = spoiler.

marvelB 2012-05-22 11:46

Just checked out the first chapter. What really drew me to this series is the fact that the author is the same one behind the really fun (but sadly short-lived) Oumagadoki Doubutsuen. And I've gotta admit the whole outer space "Prince and the Pauper" setting and the art style definitely got me interested, as well. Hopefully, it'll last much longer than Horikoshi's previous series....

marvelB 2012-05-25 23:10

So the second chapter is out now, and.... spoilers, I guess?



Spoiler:

Claies 2012-05-26 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4176485)
So the second chapter is out now, and.... spoilers, I guess?



Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm still pretty skeptical but hopeful. It's good to see it reveal the rest of the premise in such a straightforward manner, but for now there isn't much it promises to deliver yet. In fact, as of now, we still only have Astro as a character worth mentioning.

The author had better be working on some good villains and side characters for us in the coming weeks.

marvelB 2012-06-01 02:39

Chapter 3 is out now:


Spoiler for chapter 3:




BTW, something interesting to note is that apparently the official English title for this series is supposed to be something like "Barrage of the Battle Star". At the very least, that sounds better than the current title (which seems to imply that it's about some perverted teacher's boner or something like that :p).

Claies 2012-06-01 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4186564)
Chapter 3 is out now:


Spoiler for chapter 3:




BTW, something interesting to note is that apparently the official English title for this series is supposed to be something like "Barrage of the Battle Star". At the very least, that sounds better than the current title (which seems to imply that it's about some perverted teacher's boner or something like that :p).

"Bulge" is a little odd, but "Sensei" is just unfortunate: "Battle Star" and "Teacher" ended up sounding the same.

It's early, so this isn't a bad chapter to have. Everything's still too typical of a battle manga though. There needs to be a better gimmick for that Org item.

Kaisos Erranon 2012-06-01 04:00

I think this manga wins the "Most Unfortunate Title Ever" award.

Bonta Kun 2012-06-01 10:28

Hmm not bad I guess, will have to wait for more chapters before knowing for sure if I'll really like it or not but atm not bad(which is a good sign)

If anything it's got one solid good point and that is the guy uses a spear as a weapon, a totally underated weapon and one I'd like to see used more often.
However atm the kid doesn't know how to use other than throwing, swinging wildly and stabbing, the very basics that anyone would know how to use such a weapon.
So I'm hoping that later on he learns how to wield it in a much more refined maybe even kinda martial arts way.
If the author does that well enough I can find myself sticking around just for that alone, given that the rest of story is good enough for a good old adventure story.

Btw whats everyone's thoughts on the real prince?
I know that taking a laser gun to the head spells doom but you can never be sure with these series.
I probably even bet on the real prince returning, wanting to take his place as King and fighting Astro for it.

marvelB 2012-06-01 11:29

^Even if he did survive, I see no reason why the real prince would want to reclaim his title. I mean, the very reason why he gave Astro the Org in the first place was so that he could escape his responsibilities as a prince, was it not? If anything, I'd think he would be more content with joining the enemy aliens' side and basically living as a wild hooligan (but again, this is considering if he actually DID survive that shot).....


Quote:

Originally Posted by Claies (Post 4186631)
It's early, so this isn't a bad chapter to have. Everything's still too typical of a battle manga though. There needs to be a better gimmick for that Org item.


Well, being a "typical" battle manga isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as the usual tropes are handled well enough, IMO. That being said, I'd also like to see if there's other uses for that Org gizmo (like if it transforms into other weapons/tools, etc.).


Also, I reckon that we should be introduced to some more heroes within the next couple of chapters, since I rather doubt that just Astro and Tiamat alone can take on all the legions of evil extraterrestrials....

Bonta Kun 2012-06-01 11:57

Just cause we see no reason atm doesn't mean he would want to change his mind later, most likely after Astro had dealt with everything.
It's the way of selfish characters after all.
If anything it would be as you say something him joining with the aliens and living the bad life, then using his status as the real prince to try to get what he wants, power without the hassles.

But yea that is considering if he did survive, like I said headshot usually spells doom(hope that rings true here)

marvelB 2012-06-11 10:17

IN THIS WEEK'S EDITION OF SENSEI'S HARD-ON:



Spoiler for chap 4:

K. Shiruto 2012-06-11 14:53

Lol

Spoiler for spoiler:

marvelB 2012-06-12 15:03

^Yes, I most certainly did! That sure was messed up.....

marvelB 2012-06-17 10:34

The next chapter of Sensei's Boner is here! :D



Spoiler:

judasmartel 2012-06-17 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundamx (Post 4171460)
LoL... it's look like the twin prince... one rich and other poor...
But in this one the real prince = spoiler.

The Prince and the Pauper much?

marvelB 2012-06-23 09:43

^Funnily enough, I made that very comparison on the next post after the one you quoted....



Anyways, the next Sensei's Stiffy is out now:



Spoiler:

marvelB 2012-07-01 07:01

Bumped for new chapter! :D


Spoiler for chapter 7:

Aesthetic Shampoo 2012-07-01 09:16

^ Sounds like a good chapter with the much needed bad ass girl introduced....but ran out of words to replace 'bulge' with, have you? :heh:

marvelB 2012-07-02 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssTEss (Post 4233226)
but ran out of words to replace 'bulge' with, have you? :heh:


I assure you that I have no shortage of tasteless alternate titles for the series. ;) However, I just felt like taking a break from said tasteless titles, was all. Well, maybe I'll bring up some more in future chapters if I feel like it....



Anyways, I dunno about anyone else, but the highlight of the chapter for me (aside from the aforementioned new character) was Astro wondering if the rock guy's head could poop (that SO reminds me of One Piece's Luffy :D). The alien horse laughing at him during his training amused me, as well. Sometimes it's just little gags like those that tend to draw me more into a series than the action scenes..... after all, I'm a sucker for stories with personality. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.