AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Gyrozetter TV anime (Square Enix) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112570)

duckroll 2012-05-31 09:02

Gyrozetter TV anime (Square Enix)
 
http://i.imgur.com/FgPb9.jpg

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gyrozetter/

Gyrozetter anime will air on TV Tokyo starting in October. This is based on the Square Enix media-mix arcade game which will also have a manga and a 3DS game.

Original Work: Square Enix
Planning/Concept: Ryutaro Ichimura
Supervising Director: Shinji Takamatsu
Director: Kunihiro Mori
Series Composition: Dai Sato & Storyriders
Music: Naoki Sato
Original Character Designs: Hiroshi Kaieda
Character Designs: Yoshinori Yumoto
Main Gyrozetter Design: Junya Ishigaki
Gyrozetter Designs: Yukio Ikeda, Toshiaki Ihara, Susumu Imaishi, Kanetake Ebikawa, KAI Graphics, Fumihiro Katagai, Shoji Kawamori, Shinobu Tsuneki,
Ryou Hirata, Brunet Stainslas, Yasuhiro Moriki, Jo Yanagi, Thomas Romain, Naohiro Washio
Production: A-1 Pictures

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-31 09:03

I see cars, mechs and Dai Sato on that poster and production list. Does that mean it's a battle/racing anime? :heh:

Valky 2012-05-31 09:07

I guess it's transformers-like?

duckroll 2012-05-31 09:19

It's a card battle arcade game, but in the story it's about cars (all actual licensed Japanese cars) which transform into robots to fight, like Transformers.

MisaoFan 2012-05-31 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4185303)
I see cars, mechs and Dai Sato on that poster and production list. Does that mean it's a battle/racing anime? :heh:

Let's not forget with the sudden appearance of...Shoji Kawamori !

Pocari_Sweat 2012-05-31 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4185349)
Let's not forget with the sudden appearance of...Shoji Kawamori !

Well he's designing this time, not directing. Which means, no trolling likely. :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2012-05-31 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 4185351)
Well he's designing this time, not directing. Which means, no trolling likely. :heh:

I for one miss the respectable Kawamori from the 80's and early 90's, before he decided that the best way to make anime was to make everything about idols and have the plot unfold in a way that is as retarded and insulting to the intelligence as possible. He can still do a good mecha design though so by all means they should put him there.

Kismet-chan 2012-05-31 11:35

Eh... Not my thing. The character designs are... I'm on the fence about them. They seem somewhat interesting, but at the same time weird?

totoum 2012-05-31 12:19

With the presence of Kawamori, Stanislas and Romain I'm surprised this is an A-1 show and not a satelight show :heh:

DonQuigleone 2012-05-31 14:12

On the one hand, the poster screams "Kids anime" so I'm not particularly optimistic about this.

On the other hand, it's being produced by A-1, and has a great staff. Clearly Square-Enix wants this to succeed. That staff couldn't have come cheap. I mean Kawamori is one of the best in terms of mecha design.

It all depends on whether the execution can overcome the quality of the premise.

EDIT: Found this trailer:



Looks pretty retro

Siegel Clyne 2012-05-31 15:30

Chou Soku Henkei Gyrozetter TV Anime Cast
 
CHOUSOKU HENKEI GYROZETTER TV ANIME CAST

Kakeru Todoroki: Marina Inoue

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3...6fc60801f6.jpg



Rinne Inaba: Yuka Iguchi

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3...6fc6037dc0.jpg



Shunsuke Hayami: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3...6fc614311d.jpg



Dr. Claud: Jouji Nakata

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9...6fc60f3d72.jpg



Rui Akana: Rie Tanaka

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6...6fc62d3995.jpg



Mic Man Seki: Tomokazu Seki

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3...6fc6215e88.jpg

duckroll 2012-05-31 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonQuigleone (Post 4185722)
On the one hand, the poster screams "Kids anime" so I'm not particularly optimistic about this.

On the other hand, it's being produced by A-1, and has a great staff. Clearly Square-Enix wants this to succeed. That staff couldn't have come cheap. I mean Kawamori is one of the best in terms of mecha design.

It all depends on whether the execution can overcome the quality of the premise.

EDIT: Found this trailer:

*

Looks pretty retro

I don't think that trailer really represents the TV anime. It was produced last year as an animated trailer for the franchise in general when they first announced it. If you compare the designs to the new screens and artwork of the actual anime we have now, it's completely different.

fertygo 2012-05-31 18:41

The most important thing is.. we gonna have CG mech or what?

I have no problem if its something like Danball Senki though.

Bonta Kun 2012-05-31 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4185330)
It's a card battle arcade game, but in the story it's about cars (all actual licensed Japanese cars) which transform into robots to fight, like Transformers.

More than enough to get me interested and if the anime is anything like what that trailer shows, I think I'll find this pretty enjoyable fun.

Altho as much as I love Marina Inoue, male lead?
That I'm sure will take some getting used to.

DRAGUN H.E.X. 2012-06-01 04:28

great, more awsome-looking transforming robot toys to buy, my wallet is crying again...... :(

& by the way, this isn't the first time Kawamori got involved with a racing series, see his designs for the Cyber Formula series

j0x 2012-06-01 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4185330)
It's a card battle arcade game, but in the story it's about cars (all actual licensed Japanese cars) which transform into robots to fight, like Transformers.

ill see few episodes to see if its good, i like transformers!!!

DRAGUN H.E.X. 2012-06-01 06:44

the only thing that had me worry is the cgi, i know its only a short trailer, not the actual thing, the movement looks stiff compared to older works like Sunrise's Machine Robo Rescue & Gonzo's Transformers Galaxy Force (aka, Cybertron in the english version) which had smooth & fast paced transformation sequences & movements

DragoonKain3 2012-06-01 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4186186)
Altho as much as I love Marina Inoue, male lead?
That I'm sure will take some getting used to.

You mean you weren't used to it yet in Kampfer? ;)

Seriously speaking though, just judging from character appearances, I'm betting donuts that Inoue-san will be using her Wataru voice from Hayate no Gotoku. Which is not bad I say, since I love Wataru's voice.


EDIT: Ooh, just realized that Rinne is the childhood friend (assuming it because all I know of moonspeak is 幼馴染 and it shows in her profile). Definitely will watch.

Bonta Kun 2012-06-01 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 (Post 4187243)
You mean you weren't used to it yet in Kampfer? ;)

Seriously speaking though, just judging from character appearances, I'm betting donuts that Inoue-san will be using her Wataru voice from Hayate no Gotoku. Which is not bad I say, since I love Wataru's voice.

Dunno what it is about her but some roles she plays fits her perfectly from the get go but then some roles it will take some time getting used(still not sure what to make of her as Yozora from Haganai, still couldn't tell you if I love or think she wasn't right for the role there)
For that matter it was the same with Natsuru in Kampfer as well, love or hate, it was weird.
I'm probably the only person that thinks she was kinda odd as Yoko, not that hated her there, just odd plus who could hate Yoko!

This just happens to happen to her more than any other VA for me at least.

duckroll 2012-09-04 02:38

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gyrozetter/

The official site has finally updated!


It will start on TV Tokyo on Oct 2 at 6pm. It will repeat every Sunday at 10:30am. This definitely sounds like a long running series. The demographic and air time is not something they will do for a normal 2-cour show.

Staff updates:

- Shinji Takamatsu is now the "supervising director" instead, and Kunihiro Mori is the show director.

- Junya Ishigaki is the "main Gyrozetter designer" which sets him apart from the other huge list of mecha designers earlier credited.

http://i.imgur.com/gcrQ7.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.