AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Suggestions.. please (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112668)

himbuk 2012-06-07 06:33

Suggestions.. please

Hi, I've been out for quite a while there, so don't laugh when I say that the last animes I enjoyed are
Karin
Ouran
Fruits basket
Monster
Utawaremono
Saiunkoku monogatari
Lamune
Sakura
Blood+
KGNE
and so..
But now I would like to see anime with a slice of life (and maybe a little fantasy :confused:). I'm sorry I can't describe my type (don't know it!) so please help :)
Thanks!

MisaoFan 2012-06-07 06:36

This thread should go to the Suggestions thread instead of General Anime thread, but I'll give my own list :
Kanon
Air
Clannad
Sola
Myself, Youself
True Tears
H2O : Footprints in the Sand
Toradora!
Angel Beats!

himbuk 2012-06-07 07:28

Thanks for the suggestions. & I'll post there in future :)

Kirito 2012-06-07 13:08

Why don't you give Dog Days and Shuffle a chance when you have time.

Elegance 2012-06-07 14:23

Usagi Drop- excellent slice of life
Also if you enjoyed Utawaremono then i suggest Tears of Tiara. Created by the same people, creating a army, etc.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-06-07 14:56

Slice of life + fantasy? I definitely recommend Someday's Dreamers: Summer Skies/Mahō Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora and Natsume Yuujinchou(it's more to supernatural though).

AnimeTheme 2012-06-07 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elegance (Post 4196794)
Usagi Drop- excellent slice of life
Also if you enjoyed Utawaremono then i suggest Tears of Tiara. Created by the same people, creating a army, etc.

I suggest Tears of Tiara as well, one of my most favorites of all time.

SeijiSensei 2012-06-07 16:00

I think you might like Seirei no Moribito. It has a strong heroine like Shurrei or Nina Fortner, a similar faux-imperial setting like Saiunkoku, and a captivating story like both Saiunkoku and Monster. Twelve Kingdoms is another strong candidate for similar reasons, though you have to be patient with it for half-a-dozen episodes. The same woman who wrote the Moribito novels also penned Kemono no Sou-ja Erin which you might also like.

One reason I'm recommending both Moribito and Erin is that they have a mix of plot-driven episodes and slice-of-life episodes. All three of these shows have a good dose of fantasy as well.

I'll second the original Someday's Dreamers; I didn't like Natsu no Sora quite as much. Usagi Drop is an excellent choice as well. If you're interested in the "cute-girls-go-to-high-school-and-do-cute-things" type of slice-of-life I'll recommend Hidamari Sketch. Not much fantasy there, or perhaps a fantasy of a different kind. An earlier show in the same genre, Azumanga Daioh, has some weird elements that might be called fantastical.

I'm also recommending Dennou Coil just on principle.

Tempester 2012-06-07 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by himbuk (Post 4196170)
I would like to see anime with a slice of life (and maybe a little fantasy :confused:)

Well, if you don't mind a currently running anime, go for Natsuiro Kiseki. It starts off with some underwhelming drama, but gradually gets better, and by the time of this post, it has become a very sweet, slow story about friendship. It also has a supernatural spin to it, which is integrated quite well with the mundane trials the characters go through.

kitten320 2012-06-08 15:33

Best slice of life with fantasy are Aria series. First season is Aria the Animation.
Other slice of life are:
K-ON
Sora No Woto
Usagi Drop
5 Centimeters per Second

With some fantasy you could try:
Spice and Wolf
Kanon 2006
Clannad
Air
Angel Beats
Tales of the Abyss