AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Manga Reader Edition (Spoiler) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113108)

OPN 2012-07-05 02:03

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Manga Reader Edition (Spoiler)
 
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tober-and-game
Kinda expected this to happen but good none the less. I'll be watching since i liked the old 90's ovas.

[note]: This thread serve as the discussion thread for those who have read Jojo's Bizarre adventure.
Please be aware that due to how long this series is established so far, it is highly probable that you may not have the same knowledge as the other readers. So for convenience and consideration sake, please tag your arc specific comments with the appropriate mention of the part you are talking about as your spoiler tag.

Example:
Spoiler for Part 1: Phantom Blood:


For those who have yet read the manga, please be aware that you might be spoiled in this thread. We suggest you to discuss the anime in the spoiler free thread.

hyl 2012-07-05 02:05

The biggest question for me is which serie are they going to animate. Because i don't think they are going to animate all of them.

MisaoFan 2012-07-05 02:07

I guess they will either animate the first part or the more recent arcs.

hyl 2012-07-05 02:18

The first arc was pretty boring compared to the 3rd and the later parts, eventhough it does tell the origin story of the Joestars vs Dio.

OPN 2012-07-05 02:32

I think it will be a full on remake of the franchice starting at the begining of the manga though i'm most curious who will be animating this.

hyl 2012-07-05 02:52

It's possible that they going to animate all of the series (eventhough it will be an extremely long and costly project) , made more likely because the trailer of recently announced fighting game has characters in it from all of series except the most current one.


duckroll 2012-07-05 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyl (Post 4238723)
The biggest question for me is which serie are they going to animate. Because i don't think they are going to animate all of them.

The teaser for the TV anime shows every single character from the 8 parts so far, and the title is just "JoJo's Bizarre Adventures THE ANIMATION". The teaser ends with Jonathan Joestar going "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!" so it confirms that they'll be starting with Phantom Blood.


OPN 2012-07-05 03:10

Animation and art resemble toei a lot so i guess their the ones possibly animating this.

hyl 2012-07-05 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 4238765)
The teaser for the TV anime shows every single character from the 8 parts so far, and the title is just "JoJo's Bizarre Adventures THE ANIMATION". The teaser ends with Jonathan Joestar going "SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!" so it confirms that they'll be starting with Phantom Blood.

I didn't think too much of that first teaser because it also shows jojolion, a story that has recently started (in a monthly magazine). It's possible that they are also going to animate that, because it will take quite a few years before the anime will catch up to that story but i have some doubts because "Steel ball run" took 7 years to finish

zeniselv 2012-07-05 03:31

this is popular enough to be a long runnning series, so it could be that.

C.A. 2012-07-05 03:35

I don't care which arc they are going to animate because they are all awesome, I only wish for quality animation and storyboarding that follows the original manga closely.

And the PS3 game looks pretty fabulous so far, I'd get it.

fertygo 2012-07-05 04:02

ZA WARUDOOOOOOOOOO

I hope at the very least we can get to Stardust Crusader arc ;__;
We already get OVA for some few part of it but still...

And for anyone that don't know about JoJo, its might be the best battle manga ever. The fight not just about strength but the combatant using tactic and brain to defeat their opposition (for both ally and villain side)

The weakest combatant can defeat/makes problem the strongest in this series.

Jetzero Infinity 2012-07-05 06:55

Figured Shaman King would be the next JUMP franchise to get rebooted, but this is cool. Never seen Jojo before and was always kinda interested so this is a good chance to check it out. While it most likely is Toei doing it, I kinda hope not since it would almost never come stateside if it was them...not that I expect it to but still. Hopefully it'll at least get simulcast by someone.

Kanon 2012-07-05 07:21

HELL YES!

After that Phantom blood movie fiasco (what the hell happened to that?), I thought this would never happen. It would be beyond amazing if they animated all the parts.

It sounded like Daisuke Namikawa yelling "Sunlight Yellow Overdrive" in the trailer. He'd be a fine choice for Jonathan. I'm more interested in who will voice Dio though.

OPN 2012-07-05 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4238967)
HELL YES!

After that Phantom blood movie fiasco (what the hell happened to that?), I thought this would never happen. It would be beyond amazing if they animated all the parts.

It sounded like Daisuke Namikawa yelling "Sunlight Yellow Overdrive" in the trailer. He'd be a fine choice for Jonathan. I'm more interested in who will voice Dio though.

Supposedly it was only intended for a limited theatrical run that bombed pretty badly so i guess a dvd/blu ray release was canned because of that. And yeah they need to get someone awesome to do dio :heh: .

Jetzero Infinity 2012-07-05 07:52

Thinking on it now...maybe...Pierrot's doing it. That Rock Lee spinoff doesn't have a lot of source material to work with so I could see it being over by fall, and so that timeslot would be open. Are any of Toei's shows ending around fall? I know SS Omega is supposed to be 50 episodes so that slot couldn't be taken if Toei does this.

OPN 2012-07-05 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity (Post 4238986)
Thinking on it now...maybe...Pierrot's doing it. That Rock Lee spinoff doesn't have a lot of source material to work with so I could see it being over by fall, and so that timeslot would be open. Are any of Toei's shows ending around fall? I know SS Omega is supposed to be 50 episodes so that slot couldn't be taken if Toei does this.

If pierrots doing jojo then all is lost. Its possible toriko is ending since their catching up to the manga really fast. SS omega has been rumored to be 26 episodes and then have another 26 episodes some time afterwards so if its true it can take SS's slot.

ninja_pintu 2012-07-05 07:59

Sounds interesting. I haven't read the manga but the general opinion is good, so I am looking forward to it.

Oh and its airing this october? Nice:D

Jetzero Infinity 2012-07-05 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPN (Post 4238989)
If pierrots doing jojo then all is lost. Its possible toriko is ending since their catching up to the manga really fast. SS omega has been rumored to be 26 episodes and then have another 26 episodes some time afterwards so if its true it can take SS's slot.

Ah. Well I guess we'll see how it goes. Since there's a lot of source material to work with I'm sure it'll fine no matter who does it.

Mura 2012-07-05 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja_pintu (Post 4238991)
Sounds interesting. I haven't read the manga but the general opinion is good, so I am looking forward to it.

Oh and its airing this october? Nice:D

Samw as me too. Haven't read it but I understand the hype around it as I do remember hearing about it but never got to reading it. Just hope a good studio grabs this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.