AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Lychee DE Hikari Club (Lychee Light Club) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113956)

MisaoFan 2012-08-05 12:09

Lychee DE Hikari Club (Lychee Light Club)

http://i.imgur.com/3q2k1.jpg

Original creator : Usamaru Furuya
Plot summary : The story revolves around nine students at an all-boys school who create a god-like Lychee machine — that runs on lychee fruits — to seek out the beautiful women of the world. However, the machine eventually becomes self-aware "and is soon equally capable of measuring beauty and executing justice."

Note : Usamaru Furuya's one-volume Lychee Light Club manga ran in Ohta Publishing's Manga Erotics F magazine from 2005 to 2006. The North American manga publisher Vertical released the manga in April 2011. The story already spawned a prequel manga and stage play. A television anime adaptation will premiere this October.

totoum 2012-08-05 12:41

While I havn't read this one in particular ,I'm familiar with Usamaru Furuya and have liked what I've read so far.

It's interesting that they're making a TV show when it's only 1 volume long.Would there be enough material for 1 cour?

leokiko 2012-08-05 13:06

H-how? This is very disturbing stuff(seriously), just take a peek at the manga. I would think this would become an OVA, but not a TV show.

Kismet-chan 2012-08-05 13:38

The story sounds really interesting. And disturbing, you say? Definitely looking at the manga first chance I get.

Reeuq 2012-08-05 14:32

This is a manga I would never have expected to get an anime, let alone one that'd be broadcast on TV. It'll undoutably be censored at least somewhat, but I'm interested to see how it goes.

OPN 2012-08-05 15:14

Story sounds interesting so i'll give it a try when it airs.

Tempester 2012-08-05 16:53

It's not often that we see complete manga getting animated, and those short manga of 1-3 volumes are even more under-appreciated. So this is good news to me. The question is just how can they adapt this without filler?

totoum 2012-08-05 17:37

This is all speculation but I'm wondering if NoitaminA might be doing something like the past winter where therma romae was 3 episodes and BRS was 8 episodes and have Lychee Light Club be 3/4 episodes and psycho-pass be 7/8 episodes.

That is,if it's a NoitaminA show in the first place :heh:

edit: Or ANN is getting ahead of themselves and it's not a TV anime.

NoemiChan 2012-08-05 18:04

Creepy anime-to-be. I seen images from the manga... and its scary.... Agree, with somebody that this maybe an OVA instead of a TV series.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-08-05 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet-chan (Post 4291261)
The story sounds really interesting. And disturbing, you say? Definitely looking at the manga first chance I get.

Disturbing....in the brutal, black comedy sense.

Kakkou 2012-08-05 20:39

This can't work as a TV series without humungous black fog everywhere and toning down the violence. OVA sounds more suitable. As for material for a single cour, I could see them incorporating if not completely adapting the prequel manga Bokura no Hikari Club, which should give them enough material depending on how they handle it.

Fevvers 2012-08-05 22:21

Seriously?! Well, they did animate Shigurui.. Adolescent male mass hysteria at its finest (the opposite of Furuya's Suicide Club, which I still think is the better manga of the two, but I'll take whatever Furuya I can get!).

Shimapan 2012-08-05 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4291134)
[B]The story revolves around nine students at an all-boys school...
...Manga Erotics F magazine...

Disqualified. Not into Yaoi.
Let the fujoshi have at this.

Fevvers 2012-08-05 22:31

I'd be more disturbed by the ero-guro than the so-called yaoi. But to each his own.

leokiko 2012-08-05 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimapan (Post 4291894)
Disqualified. Not into Yaoi.
Let the fujoshi have at this.

Does the manga have even have yaoi? I read the first chapter, and I remember a naked woman, not man.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-08-06 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by leokiko (Post 4291909)
Does the manga have even have yaoi? I read the first chapter, and I remember a naked woman, not man.

Yeah...but it makes it even more funny.

Soliloquy 2012-08-06 03:30

This manga was the last one I would have ever expected anime from. Maybe now anime industry seems to start seeing some cash. I don't really what the demographics of this manga is but it would be very small. I have checked out the manga not knowing there would be yaoi content. The manga was hinting towards it but it didn't really show anything much. If it's gore and there are quite graphic ones.

Not only adapting this manga into anime is a very risky move but really WTF? On the one hand, I'm kind of happy, the creators are straying away from the cliche territory but mostly I'm worried about the whole outcome.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-08-06 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliloquy (Post 4292210)
This manga was the last one I would have ever expected anime from. Maybe now anime industry seems to start seeing some cash. I don't really what the demographics of this manga is but it would be very small. I have checked out the manga not knowing there would be yaoi content. The manga was hinting towards it but it didn't really show anything much. If it's gore and there are quite graphic ones.

Not only adapting this manga into anime is a very risky move but really WTF? On the one hand, I'm kind of happy, the creators are straying away from the cliche territory but mostly I'm worried about the whole outcome.

Yeah, it's weird that this and Aku no Hana were announced on the same day -- AnH isn't as graphic, but it's content is pretty out there. If there's even one sensationalistic murder in Japan in the near future, both shows could get the literal "Nice Boat" treatment.

Kakkou 2012-08-06 10:57

So it turns out this anime is actually a comedic shorts TV series.

Now the TV broadcast makes sense considering the content, but to bad for those who were looking for a proper adaptation.

Utsuro no Hako 2012-08-06 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakkou (Post 4292645)
So it turns out this anime is actually a comedic shorts TV series.

Now the TV broadcast makes sense considering the content,

That makes no kind of sense.

I want to know what the conversation was like when they decided this story has great comedic potential.