AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 597 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114078)

james0246 2012-08-11 10:14

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 597 Discussion Thread
 
Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released.

Quote:

-Kakashi reveals the truth of Tobi's power. Kirabi wonders if the eyes simply have similar powers, but Kakashi reveals that they are the same power.

-Tobi says he got the eye from a war torn region where a small team destroyed a major bridge...(nothing is said about Tobi's identity, only the eye).

-Tobi questions Naruto's convictions. Naruto begins to waver, but Kyuubi takes over and tells Tobi that they will defeat Tobi together.

yakumo-chan 2012-08-11 10:31

So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!

j0x 2012-08-11 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakumo-chan (Post 4300198)
So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!

well judging from the spoilers it might be Obito's eye but Tobi is not Obito

yakumo-chan 2012-08-11 10:43

I have this feeling that zetsu saved obito!!!! Woooo!!!!!

Alchemist007 2012-08-11 10:56

I wouldn't be surprised if he was zombified by Zetsu.

james0246 2012-08-11 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakumo-chan (Post 4300198)
So it is obito's eye!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!

It was kind of a foregone conclusion that Tobi's eye would be Obito's. I do like how Kishimoto had Kakashi and Kirabi discuss the issue before finally revealing that the eyes are the same.

Ero-Senn1n 2012-08-11 12:01

Spoiler:

This is insane, Tobi knows not only about the stuff that happened at the bridge but also about the tomb of heroes in konoha and Kakashi going there. How the hell does he know about all this. It can't be that Zetsu was recording all this, he can't be at all locations, even unimportant ones, like tombstones. Or he followed Kakashi because he wanted the eye, but then he could have taken it when Kakashi was sleeping or something like that. Or maybe Zetsu when he eats the corpse he can extract all memories from it, and he ate Obito's corpse, but that doesn't explain the tomb part. Or maybe when Kakashi was at the tomb there was also someone else there, another Uchiha or Rin, and later Zetsu ate them too. But i think it's more probable that it was not Zetsu, instead of that Tobi learned whatever he wanted from the same source that Sasuke wants to learn from. That source might be something that could somehow record everything that happened in the world with some magic. Or the 3rd possibility i can think of is that Tobi is really made of multiple souls, and he can absorb more, and he absorbed Obito's soul too, and then he had to absorb the soul of someone who was with Kakashi at the tomb stone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 4300233)
I wouldn't be surprised if he was zombified by Zetsu.

TObi learned the Edo Tensei, he can summon Obito to fight Kakashi if he wants to. He has the eye, so he has Obito's DNA, and he can find a corpse for the jutsu easily.

Ulquiorra 2012-08-11 14:35

It is obviously Rin.

I actually like the idea of Tobi being made up of multiple souls and their memories. Starting with Izuna Uchiha. It would make him the by-product of the hatred the ninja system creates. I could see Kishimoto making Tobi the living indictment of the ninja system. It fits with Tobi's goals. Not to kill people in revenge. But to put them under an eternal genjustu because the world failed its potential with the ninja system. It would mean the only way to truly defeat him would be to show that things will change with Naruto and his generation.

And Tobi would be what Sasuke would turn into eventually if things do not change and Naruto does not save him.

james0246 2012-08-11 15:09

^Pain was already a "living indictment of the ninja system" (well, not so much on the living, but definitely the indictment...). And Orochimaru was already a container filled with multiple souls (since he seems to keep the souls of the bodies he posses), not to mention the Shinigami being a container of souls as well.

Not to say that Kishimoto won't simply recycle his ideas once again, but they are still recycled ideas...

WefiDasst 2012-08-11 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulquiorra (Post 4300485)
It is obviously Rin.

I actually like the idea of Tobi being made up of multiple souls and their memories. Starting with Izuna Uchiha. It would make him the by-product of the hatred the ninja system creates. I could see Kishimoto making Tobi the living indictment of the ninja system. It fits with Tobi's goals. Not to kill people in revenge. But to put them under an eternal genjustu because the world failed its potential with the ninja system. It would mean the only way to truly defeat him would be to show that things will change with Naruto and his generation.

And Tobi would be what Sasuke would turn into eventually if things do not change and Naruto does not save him.

Makes sense.

got a feeling this year will be the end for Naruto Manga.

Whitemoon648 2012-08-11 17:37

I like some of the other Theories here too, but i thought i would add a few more,

Since Tobi's eye and Kakashi's eye are the same, and if we assume Tobi is Obito then maybe Tobi can see through Kakashi's Sharingan as well.

Kakashi is always hiding his Sharingan ( unless in battle). Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.

And if that is not the case, maybe Tobi has mastered his eye to a level in which he can see through Kakashi's eyes :heh: .

defrule 2012-08-11 18:07

So if Kakashi trains enough he can also be intangible and teleport almost anywhere very quickly?

james0246 2012-08-11 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 4300652)
Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.

Whether Tobi can or can not see through Kakashi's Sharingan, Kishimoto has already explained that Kakashi hides his Sharingan since he can not deactivate the eye. Consequently, he can run out of chakra simply by revealing his eye.


Quote:

Originally Posted by defrule (Post 4300689)
So if Kakashi trains enough he can also be intangible and teleport almost anywhere very quickly?

I guess so. Sucks for Kakashi though since it took him 15 years to do something Tobi could do within a year or so of getting the eye (yet further proof that actual genius matters little when it comes to bloodlines)...

WefiDasst 2012-08-11 19:14

i just realized...
Vic Mignogna voice Obito in the english dub, and Tobi in the Psp game.

Something ate half my post :(
Anyways, i cant see him being Obito with the stuff he claim, the Multi-Soul theory is the one i can see happening.

mahbod 2012-08-11 20:01

i thought eyes can only be transplanted between (bloodline) clans men
and thats just farfetched rofl all those rocks landing on obito and his eye survives rofl kishi and his bullshit

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakumo-chan (Post 4300217)
I have this feeling that zetsu saved obito!!!! Woooo!!!!!

that infact, would make 100% sense b4 the rocks fully destroying obito zetsu saved him otherwise it makes no sense for any any body part to survive that destruction

Whitemoon648 2012-08-11 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4300704)
Whether Tobi can or can not see through Kakashi's Sharingan, Kishimoto has already explained that Kakashi hides his Sharingan since he can not deactivate the eye. Consequently, he can run out of chakra simply by revealing his eye.


Thanks. I was thinking maybe it was chakra related based on the Zabuza vs kakashi episode in original Naruto but wasn't sure.

So Kakashi can't deactivate the eye but Tobi can. I come to conclusion that either you must be original owner to deactivate or at least be an Uchia.

And Since Tobi has power over his Obito eye, it could mean that he is Obito ( the original owner).

I don't remember when Tobi used his second eye against Konan, if his eye was already activated or not. But if it was already activated under the mask maybe another reason he uses the mask ( beside hiding his identity) is to not run out of chakra the same way as kakashi?

So wouldn't all this lead strongly toward Obito as Tobi's identity?

What do you guys think :).

mahbod 2012-08-11 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 4300900)
Thanks. I was thinking maybe it was chakra related based on the Zabuza vs kakashi episode in original Naruto but wasn't sure.

So Kakashi can't deactivate the eye but Tobi can. I come to conclusion that either you must be original owner to deactivate or at least be an Uchia.

And Since Tobi has power over his Obito eye, it could mean that he is Obito ( the original owner).

I don't remember when Tobi used his second eye against Konan, if his eye was already activated or not. But if it was already activated under the mask maybe another reason he uses the mask ( beside hiding his identity) is to not run out of chakra the same way as kakashi?

So wouldn't all this lead strongly toward Obito as Tobi's identity?

What do you guys think :).

kakashi is not uchiha who have strong chakra and the fact natural talent of uchiha thats able to control sharigan 100%, i also believe tobi is related to obito to be able to use the ems, as its stated that only ms/ems can be done between siblings, but that being said it dont make sense how kakashi got ms :S kishi is amazing

SoloPanda 2012-08-11 22:34

I can see it now after all this build up in the next chapter:

Kakkashi: It couldn't be you're

Tobi: *smirk*

Kakkashi: Obi..

Tobi: YES I AM Minato Namikaze!

Kakkashi: ..... I'm done, you guys finish up here i'm goin home. I mean come on man how the hell did that just happen!?

XxSleepyxX 2012-08-11 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 (Post 4300652)
I like some of the other Theories here too, but i thought i would add a few more,

Since Tobi's eye and Kakashi's eye are the same, and if we assume Tobi is Obito then maybe Tobi can see through Kakashi's Sharingan as well.

Kakashi is always hiding his Sharingan ( unless in battle). Has the reason for this been fully explained yet? I don't remember if it has or not.

And if that is not the case, maybe Tobi has mastered his eye to a level in which he can see through Kakashi's eyes :heh: .

Kakashi hiding his Sharingan was explained awhile back. Kakashi isn't part of the Uchia clan even though he can use the eye proficiently. The eye would constantly drain his chakra if he didn't hide it. I'm pretty sure thats not how sharingan works.

Tobi is proficient enough with his Sharingan that people actually believed he was Madara. I mean even Itachi believed him didn't he expect he mentioned that he wasn't as strong as during his prime? Tobi has accumulated knowledge of ninja history. Meaning he must be pretty old. Hes met with Madara before Madara died. Tobi is probably missing the other half of his body since he can "grow" back parts of his body. Its possible that he extracted obito's eye like he extracted the rinnegan from nagato. Plus tobi had two pairs of sharigan while obito gave one away to kakashi. The only problem we end up is why does he know about what kakashi said. And why would he be using Obito's eye if he isn't Obito? Whats so special about Obito?

oppaiSam@ 2012-08-11 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloPanda
I can see it now after all this build up in the next chapter:

Kakkashi: It couldn't be you're

Tobi: *smirk*

Kakkashi: Obi..

Tobi: YES I AM Minato Namikaze!

Kakkashi: ..... I'm done, you guys finish up here i'm goin home. I mean come on man how the hell did that just happen!?

That would be a wtf moment bro ^^ @ XxSleepyXx, maybe obito's eye is special like Shisui's eye and it's just obito didn't developed or because he died quickly that's why he didn't unleashed the full power of his sharingan. But who knows, there are still many mysteries about this Tobi.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.