AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Kick-Ass 2 (2013) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114820)

MakubeX2 2012-09-17 19:38

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
 
Let face it, most of us will not watch this sequel for the plot because we all know it will not be a true adaption since the original was watered down into a black comedy. What we will watching for is more ChloŽ Grace Moretz as Hit-Girl.

So how will she look like after 3 years or so ? Here's some photo from the set :-

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
It's good that Moretz's.....development still left room to portray Hit Girl faithfully. Her face had matured her bit, but since we don't get to look at them most of the time, it's her acting and bust line that is important.

Masuzu 2012-09-18 06:01

Loved the first movie even more than the comic. (yeah, I know...I was a bit shocked too)

So this, to me, is fabulous news.

james0246 2012-09-18 07:32

Kick-Ass 2 is a far larger story than the first one, so I am very interested to see just what is covered and what is left out. (And yes, this will be watered down again because the comic sequel was very bleak at times.)

Animexcel 2012-09-18 10:51

You know that person in the Hit-Girl costume is a stunt double, right? I'm sure Chloe will ride the ducati rigged to a camera truck for close ups.

I enjoyed the first Kick-Ass movie and I'm glad they changed some things that happened in the comic, otherwise we wouldn't have had that epic warehouse rescue scene. They did keep a lot of the things from the comic, but the director gave some heart to it and what he changed were for the better.

MakubeX2 2012-09-18 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animexcel (Post 4358173)
You know that person in the Hit-Girl costume is a stunt double, right? I'm sure Chloe will ride the ducati rigged to a camera truck for close ups.

Those are the only shots I can find which feature Hit-Girl in her bike get-up.

In regards to keeping the adaption true, a lot of people will look at Jim Carrey differently if they stick to how the comic is.

Animexcel 2012-09-18 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4358184)
Those are the only shots I can find which feature Hit-Girl in her bike get-up.

In regards to keeping the adaption true, a lot of people will look at Jim Carrey differently if they stick to how the comic is.

There are other photos of Hit-Girl coming out, mostly from stunt double filming. Chloe is seen partially in costume only with a mask and wigcap.

I've read the comic. It doesn't bold well for his character, unless they changed it. Mark Millar says one thing, then Aaron Johnson says another; we'll have to see.

MakubeX2 2012-09-25 19:59

Colonel Stars :-
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Never thought that I'll see the day where Carrey actually looks old.

Red Mist :-
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) They changed the costume from the comics, does that mean they will change the name too ?

Night Bitch :-
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) From the first look, it obvioused that the costume toned downed from the comics. Perhaps we'll get a stripped down version later on ?

Animexcel 2012-09-25 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4368885)
Colonel Stars :-

Never thought that I'll see the day where Carrey actually looks old.

Red Mist :-

They changed the costume from the comics, does that mean they will change the name too ?

Night Bitch :-

From the first look, it obvioused that the costume toned downed from the comics. Perhaps we'll get a stripped down version later on ?

You didn't read the comic I see.
He is no longer called Red Mist. He's called The Motherfu**ker. There's also a picture of Dr. Gravity, who's pretty faithful to the comic design. The most changed is the Remembering Tommy couple.

Jim Carrey is wearing prosthetic make up. I could see he's wearing a fake nose and some scars without the mask on.

MakubeX2 2012-09-26 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animexcel (Post 4369103)
You didn't read the comic I see.
He is no longer called Red Mist. He's called The Motherfu**ker. There's also a picture of Dr. Gravity, who's pretty faithful to the comic design. The most changed is the Remembering Tommy couple.

Jim Carrey is wearing prosthetic make up. I could see he's wearing a fake nose and some scars without the mask on.

No. I thought that by referring the character to his old name would be less vulgar. Hence my comments about them redesigning the MF's costume, hinting that the move might not stick to the character's new name, but the old one, opting a safe route.

Animexcel 2012-09-26 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4369175)
No. I thought that by referring the character to his old name would be less vulgar. Hence my comments about them redesigning the MF's costume, hinting that the move might not stick to the character's new name, but the old one, opting a safe route.

You know this movie is gonna be rated R anyway, so why be safe?

MakubeX2 2012-09-26 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animexcel (Post 4369697)
You know this movie is gonna be rated R anyway, so why be safe?

Well, MF is still considered to be quite a coarse word by itself today. Unlike F which had lost much of it's impact.

I think there's a rule also in Hollywood which limits how many times MF can be uttered in a film. Plus I don't believe Mintz-Plasse wants to have MF as an alias.

Ithekro 2012-09-26 17:59

They is rating and then there is marketability. It would be next to impossible to market someone named MF and you couldn't run the usual media spotlight shows and magazine ads with that name used.

Animexcel 2012-09-26 19:08

That rule only goes for PG-13 movies. Example: Mr. & Mrs. Smith used the F word once. I believe the director mentioned you could only use the F word 2 times in a PG-13 movie when commenting on the scene.

Director of the first Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn joked with Mintz-Plasse a bit about the whole Mclovin thing. He looked annoyed when Matthew poked fun about what the "M" on his costume really was. It's not his decision to change the MF. They're gonna keep it in and he didn't seem bothered by it.

With a title like "Kick-Ass 2", I assume it will only run commercials during primetime television without even mentioning the name of MF. I'm sure we'll get a redband uncensored trailer like the first one did online.

MakubeX2 2012-09-26 19:16

It will be best if they can remain faithful to the comics and retain the character's name, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't due to internal politics.

And look, Moretz actaully looks better on that bike in casual than her Hit-Girl costume :-

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/some...r-mintz-plasse

Animexcel 2012-09-26 19:27

[QUOTE=MakubeX2;4369175]

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4370169)
It will be best if they can remain faithful to the comics and retain the character's name, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't due to internal politics.

And look, Moretz actaully looks better on that bike in casual than her Hit-Girl costume :-


There wasn't any news that the name will be changed at the start of production. You could say the F word or any other curse word as many times you want in a rated R film; having it being in a character's name is no different. I would be surprised actually.

Yeah, I saw that picture along with others, some containing spoilers. Obviously there was a stunt double in one of the pics ready to ride the ducati and Chloe was about to get off with a :| face

MakubeX2 2012-09-26 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animexcel (Post 4370182)
There wasn't any news that the name will be changed at the start of production. You could say the F word or any other curse word as many times you want in a rated R film; having it being in a character's name is no different. I would be surprised actually.

There is a chance that some studio executive who financed the film might pushed hard for it to reach a wider audience for a better profit.....

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that picture along with others, some containing spoilers. Obviously there was a stunt double in one of the pics ready to ride the ducati and Chloe was about to get off with a :| face
So she has some feelings for the bike. Think they will let her keep it after filming wrapped ?

Animexcel 2012-09-26 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4370194)
There is a chance that some studio executive who financed the film might pushed hard for it to reach a wider audience for a better profit.....



So she has some feelings for the bike. Think they will let her keep it after filming wrapped ?


Well think what you think, but I'm 100% positive they won't. If they wanted to reach a wider audience, they would make it PG-13 and have minor bloodshed, which they might as well not do the movie at all. The first one was still a success with a low budget, and it made a lot of profit with dvd sales. I think Kick-Ass 2 is still a similar budget meaning Jim Carrey must've accepted a huge pay cut to do the movie. He's a fan of the first movie.

As far as I know, the director told Chloe that she will have to beat Mother Russia for it. I'm sure he was joking though.

killer3000ad 2012-11-24 06:06

New pics from London shoot.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Kizoku Keenan 2012-11-24 16:17

Loved the first movie, loved Hit Girl, have reads bit and pieces of the comics whilst bored in work....loved it too so Hopefully I'll love kickass 2....too! =)

Kyero Fox 2012-11-24 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4368885)

Night Bitch :-
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) From the first look, it obvioused that the costume toned downed from the comics. Perhaps we'll get a stripped down version later on ?

I think it's skimpy enough =\ why does it need to be more?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.