AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   how do u play things that are mp4 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11496)

pnoy_kakashi 2004-04-12 14:54

how do u play things that are mp4
 
my window media player opens when i click on a movie with that codec... and it only plays these sounds that make no sense and it says its like 3 hours long so on..... so how do i play this? btw its a movie... oh btw it says codec is = mp43?! if that helps :p

Cruzz 2004-04-12 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoy_kakashi
my window media player opens when i click on a movie with that codec... and it only plays these sounds that make no sense and it says its like 3 hours long so on..... so how do i play this? btw its a movie... oh btw it says codec is = mp43?! if that helps :p

ffdshow can decode mp43 (also known as Microsoft MPEG4 v3). You'll also need a mp4 splitter if you don't have one already.

pnoy_kakashi 2004-04-12 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzz
ffdshow can decode mp43 (also known as Microsoft MPEG4 v3). You'll also need a mp4 splitter if you don't have one already.


i installed that ffd show thing... but then i installed this defiler pack... is that the same? oh btw what plays mp4-3... windows media player? or quicktime?

Cruzz 2004-04-13 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnoy_kakashi
i installed that ffd show thing... but then i installed this defiler pack... is that the same? oh btw what plays mp4-3... windows media player? or quicktime?

No, codec packs are evil and should not be supported. You're just screwing yourself by using them.

Any directshow player (read: pretty much any video player for windows) can play mp43 as long as you have ffdshow installed (and configured to decode mp43, not sure if it's on by default or not).

NoSanninWa 2004-04-13 01:26

How to watch Naruto 1 - DVD version? (.mp4)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.