AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is there an ignore list function in Youtube? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114990)

Tom Bombadil 2012-09-24 08:17

Is there an ignore list function in Youtube?
 
So I am wondering, is there a youtube function that allows you to block certain channel/uploader, or certain type of videos to show up in your search result and the suggestions side bar.

For example, if I am hard core democrat and I hate Bill O'reilly so much that I don't want to see him when I search for political commentaries, is there a way to block his channel or his fans' channel off my search?

PS: I keep my gmail account open all the day and it seems that youtube is associated automatically with gmail.

Renegade334 2012-09-24 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil (Post 4366802)
So I am wondering, is there a youtube function that allows you to block certain channel/uploader, or certain type of videos to show up in your search result and the suggestions side bar.

AFAIK, no - you can ignore comments from certain people on video, IIRC, but filter results/recommendations? Doesn't look like this functionality exists on YT.

Quote:

For example, if I am hard core democrat and I hate Bill O'reilly so much that I don't want to see him when I search for political commentaries, is there a way to block his channel or his fans' channel off my search?
Well, being resolutely politically agnostic (tired of seeing both sides erect themselves as the "good" side and lambasting the other till the end of times), I'd certainly like to automatically ignore Shane Dawson (I REFUSE TO CLICK ON THOSE VIDS, SO STOP USING CAPS FOR THE TITLES/CAPTIONS), Julian Smith (never watched any of his vids, yet he keeps popping up in my recommendations - for no understandable reason - and I'm sick of seeing the same thumbnails over and over), Ray William Johnson (tired of seeing him abuse his facial muscles on his thumbnails), Tobuscus (same reason as RWJ - especially these silly Happy Wheels vids), BFvsGF (please stop spamming the front page with all these videos...please, you've almost become the Kim Kardashian/Britney Spears of YouTube), Alex Jones (I can no longer stomach the sight of these "doom and gloom, Big Brother and black helicopters are here, it's the end of democracy blah blah blah" vids) and many, many others... Yep, we need that filtering capability.

But then again, implementing the "do not return (insert name here)" functionality might create heavier workloads for YT's servers or interfere with YT/Google's search algorithms, so who knows...

Quote:

PS: I keep my gmail account open all the day and it seems that youtube is associated automatically with gmail.
Well, YouTube was acquired by Google some time ago and since then, user have been able to log into YT using their Gmail account, so, yeah, it's pretty much normal.

Tom Bombadil 2012-09-24 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade334 (Post 4366853)
AFAIK, no - you can ignore comments from certain people on video, IIRC, but filter results/recommendations? Doesn't look like this functionality exists on YT.

Too bad. It shouldn't be too hard to implement. Oh well. Thanks buddy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.