AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sword Art Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Sword Art Online - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115077)

relentlessflame 2012-09-29 00:17

Sword Art Online - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online, Episode 13.


The Depths of Hell - 奈落の淵 ~ Naraku no Fuchi


Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ronelm2000 2012-09-29 00:48

My body is ready... for possibly the 10+ pages of criticism and such. :heh:

I know ya all watched the PV for this one way or another...

miroku2192 2012-09-29 02:01

Wait, criticism? Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. I haven't seen the PV, anyway, no spoilers guys. pleaseeeee!

ronelm2000 2012-09-29 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by miroku2192 (Post 4373345)
Wait, criticism? Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. I haven't seen the PV, anyway, no spoilers guys. pleaseeeee!

No worries, it's just the conclusion I reached from all the other episode threads. Whether the episode is good, bad, or "average", there will always be criticism anywhere. :heh:

zRichard 2012-09-29 05:32

I would love to see a Tsuritama cameo in my fishing episode.

Come on A-1, Do it!

Lantern 2012-09-29 10:24


Kazu-kun 2012-09-29 10:26

Now that's what I was talking about. This is the kind of fight I wanted to see. The first time I truly liked a fight in this series, specially that moment at the end. That was great, really great.

8/10.

Keep it up SAO.

LoweGear 2012-09-29 10:27

Episode 13 END CARD GETTO!!!! :love:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Leon_Lelouch 2012-09-29 10:37

Spoiler for :


ugh.. hoping for Kirito x Asuna lovely end card....

Key Board 2012-09-29 11:56

See.. this is what happens when the game system only allows melee DPS and melee tank

having nuke-mages and healers would make this boss much more manageable.

and not to mention there's only one tank in this boss fight

Deltaray 2012-09-29 12:46

Holy crap that is one hell of a large boss ( or long).

So Egil's sword(axe) skills use green color lol.

Xellos-_^ 2012-09-29 13:37

any hints at the end of the ep?

Helius 2012-09-29 13:58

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Algent 2012-09-29 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ (Post 4373982)
any hints at the end of the ep?

Spoiler for episode end:

Alucard24 2012-09-29 14:28

Very nice battle but sadistic ending xD

relentlessflame 2012-09-29 14:29

Cliffhanger! And what a cliffhanger, sheesh! :heh: Next week's episode title doesn't sound particularly happy either...

This episode really wrapped up a lot of the open plot threads in the series so far, by contrasting the two competing desires: living in the world, and breaking free from it. While Kirito and Asuna would like to stay in the world where they can definitely be together, they know their bodies won't last forever. (They actually explained that all their bodies got moved to hospitals earlier in the story, answering one of those long-open questions from back in the early days.) Asuna confesses that she wants to date Kirito and marry him for real so they can spend the rest of their real lives together too, so to do that they have to get out of the game. And Kirito has to face his fear of losing Asuna and his inherent "solo player" nature of taking all the burden on himself. In the end, they fight together, protecting each other, as it should be.

Incidentally, the one-hit-kill boss is way overpowered. It also looks like his defence is as strong as his attack (unlike the last boss), making it even worse. I'm sure they took all the strongest players to this battle too, so it's not like it was scrubs getting wiped out. Plus closing the door and anti-crystal is sadistic. Kirito's comment that "the game is fundamentally fair" really doesn't apply any more; there's nothing "fair" about this boss fight, just pure evil in a game where death is real.

Don't really have too much more to say at the moment, as the whole thing is really cut short by the evil cliffhanger ending. We'll see how things resolve next week, but the wait will be hard...

Xacual 2012-09-29 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helius (Post 4374006)
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Conan-san 2012-09-29 14:32

Oh you sap, Asuna. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 4374035)
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Utsuro no Hako 2012-09-29 14:37

What a trolltastic ep. I wonder how many people went in expecting the whole thing to be Kirito's Fishing Adventure only to get the rug pulled from under them in the second half.

I have to go out for the afternoon, but I expect this thread to be twenty pages long by the time I get back.

hayate-sama 2012-09-29 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4374033)
Cliffhanger! And what a cliffhanger, sheesh! :heh: Next week's episode title doesn't sound particularly happy either...

This episode really wrapped up a lot of the open plot threads in the series so far, by contrasting the two competing desires: living in the world, and breaking free from it. While Kirito and Asuna would like to stay in the world where they can definitely be together, they know their bodies won't last forever. (They actually explained that all their bodies got moved to hospitals earlier in the story, answering one of those long-open questions from back in the early days.) Asuna confesses that she wants to date Kirito and marry him for real so they can spend the rest of their real lives together too, so to do that they have to get out of the game. And Kirito has to face his fear of losing Asuna and his inherent "solo player" nature of taking all the burden on himself. In the end, they fight together, protecting each other, as it should be.

Incidentally, the one-hit-kill boss is way overpowered. It also looks like his defence is as strong as his attack (unlike the last boss), making it even worse. I'm sure they took all the strongest players to this battle too, so it's not like it was scrubs getting wiped out. Plus closing the door and anti-crystal is sadistic. Kirito's comment that "the game is fundamentally fair" really doesn't apply any more; there's nothing "fair" about this boss fight, just pure evil in game where death is real.

Don't really have too much more to say at the moment, as the whole thing is really cut short by the evil cliffhanger ending. We'll see how things resolve next week, but the wait will be hard...

I demand new OP next week :p.

PS too much vanilla and sweets for my Saturday night, part probably one the best scene I have ever seen in seven years of watching anime.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.