AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters - Weekly Episode-to-Game Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115215)

relentlessflame 2012-10-03 23:43

Little Busters - Weekly Episode-to-Game Comparison Thread [Spoilers Aplenty]
 
As the title of this thread suggest, the purpose here is to allow discussion which compares the content between an anime episode as it aired and how it is laid out in the source material the anime was adapted from. All spoilers are allowed as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand. It will be helpful if the posters clearly indicate the episode number before engaging into a detailed comparison to the source material. Obviously you are required to watch the episode prior to posting here. This thread is open to everyone, but since game players are expected to participate, anime-only viewers are advised to use discretion before venturing into this thread.

For the Little Busters VN Readers: Please do your darndest best to stay on topic when engaging into these comparisons. Whenever you see one of your fellow game-players spewing spoilers for no apparent reason, please report these off-topic posts so a moderator can delete them.

Have fun!

Aspirety 2012-10-06 13:37

My biggest adaptation problem with episode 1 was the lack of describing Riki's narcolepsy.
Unless that did happen and I missed it? Pretty sure it was absent though. I wonder how they're going to incorporate it from here out.

Balzac 2012-10-06 16:37

Wow that's...kind of a defining part of Riki, and one which greatly affects the overall story, as I'm sure game readers already know. The game established that before the first evening, if I remember correctly? Or was it before meeting the first girl (Komari)...

Kaisos Erranon 2012-10-06 16:45

Yeah, if they're not going to mention that... One wonders how they'll be dealing with some things near the very end of the story.

Ceral 2012-10-06 17:05

I was hoping to hear Rin's theme, "Ring Ring Ring!" while watching her play with the cats, that's one scene I remember from the game vividly. Since they skipped to meeting Komari I guess her first meeting with the neko-jyarashi is out of there :(. Maybe later...

Speaking of Komari, her line in her introduction got too abridged. Without the 「別にいつも出てるわけじゃなくて...あ、 そう! きがつくとここにいたんです!」 It just sounds weird to jump from sorry sorry to talking about mysteries like sweets falling from the sky. It sounded so weird I had to turn the VN on just to see if it sounded so weird when I played :P.

bahamut zero 2012-10-06 17:19

Doesn't Riki have an attack when he first meets Komari? So I guess they will explain his circumstances there

Balzac 2012-10-06 17:50

No, it doesn't happen then. At the very least, I don't remember any of the recruited girls ever being introduced to his condition (and thus, possibly just implied in the background, as seen with Kurugaya's route).

Arturia Polaris 2012-10-06 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceral (Post 4384667)
I was hoping to hear Rin's theme, "Ring Ring Ring!" while watching her play with the cats, that's one scene I remember from the game vividly. Since they skipped to meeting Komari I guess her first meeting with the neko-jyarashi is out of there :(. Maybe later...

Speaking of Komari, her line in her introduction got too abridged. Without the 「別にいつも出てるわけじゃなくて...あ、 そう! きがつくとここにいたんです!」 It just sounds weird to jump from sorry sorry to talking about mysteries like sweets falling from the sky. It sounded so weird I had to turn the VN on just to see if it sounded so weird when I played :P.

This. So much. It's all I wanted. Hearing "RING RING RING".

But then again, we might get it next episode.

RE: The Narcolepsy, I believe that it can be told later on, it doesn't have to come up immediately, even if the vn told us fairly early on.

Arty

Xacual 2012-10-06 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balzac (Post 4384745)
No, it doesn't happen then. At the very least, I don't remember any of the recruited girls ever being introduced to his condition (and thus, possibly just implied in the background, as seen with Kurugaya's route).

No he definitely collapses on top of Komari at one point decently early on.

Balzac 2012-10-06 20:42

I don't much recall that specific part with Komari, but if he did, it must've been in her route and not when they first met.

Edit: To add, I'm not going to press forward with this point, as it is a particularly minor one to dispute . The fact that remains is that apparently as anime watchers have observed, the narcolepsy point hadn't been touched yet, when it had been made early on in the game.

Tenoia 2012-10-06 20:46

I thought Riki's narcolepsy attack in Komari's presence occurred during their second or third time meeting up on the rooftop?

Tenoia 2012-10-06 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdeal000 (Post 4385077)
Iirc, then yes, her attack takes place while on the roof, i think the third time. As to why they did not show it now, I guess they wanted to start by showing an usual day with gags, training etc and then get into deeper stuff like Riki's narcolepsy or Rin being unsociable.

Yeah, I think they were trying to find the right balance of stuff to adapt into the first episode. Obviously, you can't have too little nor can you have too much crammed in there. Actually, Rin's problems with getting to know people is shown a bit during the scene where Kyousuke wants her to recruit girls from her dorm into the team. I think she says something about "I'm not good with talking to strangers."

Free 2012-10-06 21:36

I didn't even remember that about him until you mentioned it.

Shinguji 2012-10-06 23:29

Maybe they'll bring up the narcolepsy later, as a dramatic end to an episode?

Hoticehunter 2012-10-07 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinguji (Post 4385277)
Maybe they'll bring up the narcolepsy later, as a dramatic end to an episode?

If they use it as a dramatic end to an episode, I think most people will probably think that he just fainted.

Free 2012-10-07 02:07

Rin's voice wasn't tsun enough. Sasami's voice wasn't dere enough. Riki's voice sounded forced, which made the narrated parts awkward. Characters' reactions, especially Rin's seemed odd. Komari's tone was weird, but then again she was always like that. :P

Xacual 2012-10-07 02:12

I never though of Rin as being tsun at all during the novel. She's pretty straightforward.

erneiz_hyde 2012-10-07 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free (Post 4385109)
I didn't even remember that about him until you mentioned it.

lol, same here. I didn't remember Riki had this condition.

Btw, I was a bit disappointed that they show Kyousuke's manga-reading straight to the smile. The disparity when he was looking all serious and then smiling like a boy, it isn't there but they did manage to convey this "divine" feeling I guess.

Linkark07 2012-10-07 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free (Post 4385449)
Rin's voice wasn't tsun enough. Sasami's voice wasn't dere enough. Riki's voice sounded forced, which made the narrated parts awkward. Characters' reactions, especially Rin's seemed odd. Komari's tone was weird, but then again she was always like that. :P

Really? I liked Riki's voice over the one from the VN, now he sounds more like a young boy.

Free 2012-10-07 15:30

The original voice for Riki was more helpless and adorable. The new voice sounds way too determined.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.