AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problem: Fall/Halloween 2012 Blank Banner? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115222)

LKK 2012-10-04 10:38

Fall/Halloween 2012 Blank Banner?

Kudos to the new Fall / Halloween 2012 banner makers. However, I have to ask is one of the banners supposed to be blank? One "banner" in the rotation shows nothing but the background colors for me.

sudolicious 2012-10-04 10:40

Had the same issue for a few times now, I don't think it's intended.

Also, allthough I appreciate the effort, I really don't think the banners turned out that good. The blue/black looks pretty strange next to the standard brown-ish of the site.

Konakaga 2012-10-04 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudolicious (Post 4381096)
Had the same issue for a few times now, I don't think it's intended.

Also, allthough I appreciate the effort, I really don't think the banners turned out that good. The blue/black looks pretty strange next to the standard brown-ish of the site.

They look fine to me, but I run the blue version of the forums normally... so it matches much better.

And if one is missing it's probably error somewhere since they are the same as last years I believe.

Arturia Polaris 2012-10-04 12:19

I also have the blank banner showing up a bunch of times.

Also, I just realized I could change the animesuki to the hongfire blue and I'm :DDDD

Arty

relentlessflame 2012-10-04 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 4381093)
However, I have to ask is one of the banners supposed to be blank? One "banner" in the rotation shows nothing but the background colors for me.

Err yeah... that wasn't supposed to happen. :heh:

I think it's fixed now, but I'll keep an eye on it.

And yeah, this is actually a repeat of the Fall 2011 banners. We did this switch because we never did get around to doing the planned summer contest, and so I thought it'd be better to at least switch to something a bit more thematic for now. But we are intending to announce a new banner contest soon.

Hiroi Sekai 2012-10-04 16:00

Ah, the 2011 Fall banners; I remember which ones I voted for. I was wondering when a new contest would be arriving at our doorsteps.

Until then, it's sure good to see these banners again.

RRW 2012-10-04 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 4381113)
They look fine to me, but I run the blue version of the forums normally... so it matches much better.

And if one is missing it's probably error somewhere since they are the same as last years I believe.

Holy! that actually look very good and fit with new banner

NoemiChan 2012-10-04 20:08

I thought it's a blank banner for some graphic artists to get the chance to claim the slot.... You know what i'm saying???

Anyway.. I like the current banners. The effects... it's spooky nice!!!

Vexx 2012-10-05 01:12

Nice trip down memory lane on the banners. A couple of characters I liked and they'd slipped out of the brain.

blaze0041 2012-10-05 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4381216)
We did this switch because we never did get around to doing the planned summer contest, and so I thought it'd be better to at least switch to something a bit more thematic for now. But we are intending to announce a new banner contest soon.

Aw shoot, all that stockpiling I did for nothing... I still hope there'll be a summer-themed banner contest in the future. :)

kaitok 2012-10-07 10:56

I saw the banners and recognised them as last year's ones. I thought I missed the contest without knowing it.

Hope to see the next banner contest soon!