AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Animes like Lucky Star? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116098)

iylila 2012-11-08 22:12

Animes like Lucky Star?

I've just watched Atchi Kotchi and I really enjoyed it. The biggest reason would probably be because it reminded me of Lucky Star. I've been looking for animes like them but I can't seem to find anything. When i say like Lucky star, I don't just mean slice of life. I'm looking for something random and funny, like four panel mangas. Romance is fine, as I said I enjoyed Atchi Kotchi. I'd love for more chibi styled anime as well. If you know anything like that Please reply.

Konakaga 2012-11-08 22:42

I'd highly suggest Yuru Yuri and Seitokai no Ichizon they're the two closest comedy/SoL type series to Lucky Star I've seen with very similar random and funny

Close but not as close A-Channel, Nichijou, and maybe K-On!.

Jan-Poo 2012-11-09 03:49

Azumanga Daioh
Sensei no Ojikan

If the moe factor isn't important I also suggest:

School Rumble

And if you don't mind to push it evern further with "manly" comedy, this is the most random of all:

Cromartie High School

I second Nichijou btw, which was adapted by the same animation studio that did Lucky Star.

SeijiSensei 2012-11-09 06:36

I'll toss Hidamari Sketch into the mix. It's another 4-koma adaptation by SHAFT about, initially, four girls attending an arts high school. It's now in its fourth incarnation with two additional girls.

frivolity 2012-11-09 07:15

You'll definitely like last season's Joshiraku. It's very similar, with lots of dialogue and conversations that jump from one topic to another. The discussion is a little more mature than Lucky Star and Acchi Kocchi though, involving references to current affairs and lots of word play.

OtakuDesu 2012-11-12 05:56

How about K-on! and Potemayo

Echoes 2012-11-12 06:07

If you want to fulfill the "random comedy" part of your request to the fullest, there's nothing more random and off the wall than Excel Saga. Loss of sanity will not be refunded.

Another solid choice would be Hayate no Gotoku. The humor is great, the topics range from the mundane to the insane, there's plenty of insanity/randomness, and a great deal of the humor is anime/otaku-culture related, making it similarly themed to Lucky Star.

MisaoFan 2012-11-12 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echoes (Post 4435924)
If you want to fulfill the "random comedy" part of your request to the fullest, there's nothing more random and off the wall than Excel Saga. Loss of sanity will not be refunded.

Another solid choice would be Hayate no Gotoku. The humor is great, the topics range from the mundane to the insane, there's plenty of insanity/randomness, and a great deal of the humor is anime/otaku-culture related, making it similarly themed to Lucky Star.

I second Excel Saga (I have strong nostalgia vibes I got when I was a kid). I would recommend Sket Dance and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san as well.

Konakaga 2012-11-12 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4435957)
I second Excel Saga (I have strong nostalgia vibes I got when I was a kid). I would recommend Sket Dance and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san as well.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san does sorta of fit, though is a good bit more insane of a series :heh::eyespin:.

Echoes 2012-11-12 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 4435969)
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san does sorta of fit, though is a good bit more insane of a series :heh::eyespin:.

More insane than Excel Saga? Surely you jest! :heh:

I guess it's not fair to compare them. It's a different sort of madness!

Jan-Poo 2012-11-12 13:23

Excel Saga is certainly more insane than Nyaruko, but I don't think it's more insane than Cromartie, Nichijou or Abenobashi.
Though the latter makes a serious turn in the end.