AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for Dark/Crazy Animes/Mangas! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116420)

InsaneX3 2012-11-25 16:13

Looking for Dark/Crazy Animes/Mangas!
 
Good evening!

I am currently looking for some Animes/Mangas which i didnt watch/read yet.

I am the guy who really likes the Darkish Animes/Mangas who are also really rare. Best example would be Death Note and Code Geass. Both main characters are devilish even tho they want to do the right thing. Both have the same expressions "devilish laughs" etc. Another example is Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu where the main character is at first the "hero" guy but he has a devil power and when he uses it he goes crazy and devilish.

So what i want is:

Protagonist: Dark/Crazy guy(no females) who wants to do good but has to do bad things in order to do the good things. Characters like Hei are also pretty nice.

Gore: Sometimes i like gores but it really depends on the story and such.

Story: I don't really care THAT much as long as i can take the main character serious (no childs) and the background is also darkish like Death Note or DTB.

Mecha: It depends, i like 'some' of the gundam animes but not all of them. Code Geass is also mecha and it was really good.

Cyberpunk: I hate most of them. For example Texhnolyze.

Comedy: I can have some of it but i prefer not much.

Spoiler for :


There are many many more Animes/Mangas but i can't remember those titles atm :D

Also, i found this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114187

We both like almost the same things so it could help a bit!

So yeah hope there are some pretty epic recommendations!

Vladrave 2012-11-25 16:38

Try theTsukihime manga.
For anime, Try Fate Zero or Kara no kyoukai.

kitten320 2012-11-25 16:38

Too bad about female character part because Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero would fit nicely.
Another great female character would be Homura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Both series and characters are awesome, you really are restricting yourself.

You can try Aoi Bungaku Series whih are set of mini stories, some could be of your liking.

Baccano! has a lot of psycho characters.

Naru from Ghost Hunt could work.

Hundred Stories, the main guy is not what you want but animation is dark/weird and disturbing just like some episodes so worth a check.

InsaneX3 2012-11-25 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladrave (Post 4451281)
Try theTsukihime manga.
For anime, Try Fate Zero or Kara no kyoukai.

I listed Fate Zero in my spoiler already, its an amazing anime! Also watched Tsukihime and it was good too. There are many Kara no kyoukai movies, do they all have different stories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 4451282)
Too bad about female character part because Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero would fit nicely.
Another great female character would be Homura from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Both series and characters are awesome, you really are restricting yourself.

You can try Aoi Bungaku Series whih are set of mini stories, some could be of your liking.

Baccano! has a lot of psycho characters.

Naru from Ghost Hunt could work.

Hundred Stories, the main guy is not what you want but animation is dark/weird and disturbing just like some episodes so worth a check.

I know the Ga-Rei manga and i really liked it! But yeah you are right, i am restricting myself but i don't really want to because i know there are some amazing ones! But most of the time i get bored while watching such Animes/Mangas :(

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica looks too childish for me. I think i will still try the first episode though.

I already watched Baccano! and it made me really sad that it was over so soon :( Really great anime!

Gonna try Ghost Hunt, thanks!

Hundred Stories might work :D

Vladrave 2012-11-25 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneX3 (Post 4451330)
I listed Fate Zero in my spoiler already, its an amazing anime! Also watched Tsukihime and it was good too. There are many Kara no kyoukai movies, do they all have different stories?

I'm sorry but the Tsukihime anime should not even exist. Try the manga instead because the anime is shallow, hollow and left so many things and unexplainable things.

Some of the kara no kyoukai movies ties to each other. But seriously watch it. Same creator of Fate Zero and Tsukihime and hailed to be one of the best movie series in anime. It's dark and it's gritty. Oh and mahou shojo madoka? Haha, yes you should watch it now too. You'll be surprised.

NinjaRealist 2012-11-25 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneX3 (Post 4451330)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica looks too childish for me. I think i will still try the first episode though.

It doesn't start getting dark until the 3rd episode so I doubt you will like this one. But you should try to stick with it till Episode 3 and you'll be rewarded.This one was written by Gen Urobuchi who also did Fate/Zero which you said you loved. He also did some animes named Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom and Blassreiter. Also, don't know if you have a PC that can play Visual Novels, but his visual novel Saya no Uta is one of the best works in the genre.

Anyways anime:

D. Gray-man
Higurashi no naku koro ni
Mai-Hime
Victory Gundam
Bokurano
Chrono Crusade


Manga:

Shadow Star
Jiraishin
Lone Wolf and Cub
Blade of the Immorta

kitten320 2012-11-25 20:26

I personally liked anime prequel for Ga-Rei series more.

Don't let Madoka cover deceive you. This series are anything but childish, especially once you get pass 3rd episodes since that's where things really start to get grim.
A lot of people me included thought it was a children show and then all of us were proven wrong. Characters actually die here and atmosphere is dark.


Hope Ghost Hunt and Hundred stories will be of your liking :)

Cold~as~Ice 2012-11-25 21:03

I don't see these on your list

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Ra...u_no_Shichinin

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

tell us your thoughts if you tried any of our suggestions

Edit: I'm not sure if you tried this yet.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
forget the synopsis just read I promise you it's amazing

Siphine 2012-11-25 22:10

Demon King Daimao is about a guy who wants to change the world for the better but is destined to become the demon king
plenty of blood and devilish powers and expressions

kitten320 2012-11-26 07:20

^But there is way too much of silly comedy so duno if it will fit.

MisaoFan 2012-11-26 09:19

I bet [C] will fit your request I think.

InsaneX3 2012-11-26 09:34

Thank you guys :>

It seems i will have much to do this week, which makes me quite happy ^.^

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 4451504)
I personally liked anime prequel for Ga-Rei series more.

Don't let Madoka cover deceive you. This series are anything but childish, especially once you get pass 3rd episodes since that's where things really start to get grim.
A lot of people me included thought it was a children show and then all of us were proven wrong. Characters actually die here and atmosphere is dark.


Hope Ghost Hunt and Hundred stories will be of your liking :)

Yesterday i watched Ghost Hunt and Kara no Kyoukai until i went to bed. Both are very interesting, definitely a must watch till the end!

Today i will try Madoka Ep. 1-3. I am very curious if it will surprise me :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice (Post 4451539)
I don't see these on your list

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Ra...u_no_Shichinin

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1210/NHK_ni_Youkoso!

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

tell us your thoughts if you tried any of our suggestions

Edit: I'm not sure if you tried this yet.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/8967/Onani_Master_Kurosawa
forget the synopsis just read I promise you it's amazing

I already watched Rainbow Ep. 1 and at first i didn't like it that much but it seems this anime is also about boxing(martial arts) and i think i will give it a chance.

NHK at first sight doesn't really look like what i am searching for. But i will gather some informations first and then i can say if it worth the shot :P

I watched some episodes from Jormungand because i thought it resembles Black Lagoon or Phantom. But i didn't really gave it a chance yet. But i will!

The manga looks interesting but i am going to stick with the animes first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siphine (Post 4451602)
Demon King Daimao is about a guy who wants to change the world for the better but is destined to become the demon king
plenty of blood and devilish powers and expressions

I watched this one and it was good enough to watch it once.

Also, sorry if you can't understand my english somtimes, its because im from germany :p

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4452126)
I bet [C] will fit your request I think.

Yeah i watched it and i really liked it!

Cold~as~Ice 2012-11-26 09:52

have you tried this one yet
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!

or this one
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5177/Denpa_teki_na_Kanojo

InsaneX3 2012-11-26 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice (Post 4452154)
have you tried this one yet
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6746/Durarara!!

I did heard about this anime but never gave it a chance. Is it like Baccano? I think i will watch it after i watched the other suggestions!

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice (Post 4452154)

I watched the first OVA and i like it so far! (1080p for this one, really amazing!)

Cold~as~Ice 2012-11-26 10:07

drrr has the same feeling as baccano


I enjoyed all 3
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9919/Ao_no_Exorcist
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10721/Mawaru_Penguindrum
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats!/userrecs

for new stuff airing this fall check out blast of tempest, psycho pass

Chandela 2012-11-26 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneX3 (Post 4452157)
I did heard about this anime but never gave it a chance. Is it like Baccano? I think i will watch it after i watched the other suggestions!

Edit:

I watched the first OVA and i like it so far! (1080p for this one, really amazing!)

Baccano! and Durarara!! were written by the same person. Although I recommend Baccano! over Durarara!! in terms of what you are looking for, both however are quite good.

kitten320 2012-11-26 16:27

Yeh, give it a try. The ending of episode 3 was not what I expected and things just started to get grimmer from then on.

Glad you liked Ghost Hunt, it is one of my faves :)

I actually will second Rainbow series. It is not action heavy though but dark/sad theme wise it's strong.
Mario is a great and inspirational character. Especially towards the end.


Actually I also want to add Shiki to my recommendation list. It has a slow start but series are dark and towards the end it really explodes.
Doctor Ozaki is the kind of character you are looking for.
Real enjoyment starts in second half.

ProDigit 2012-11-26 20:50

Berserk, Tokyo Babylon, Urotsukidōji, Devil Man, Bastard, I suppose Tokyo Majin as well, Dragonball series, Bleach, Blue Gender, ... I've seen so many that my mind won't recall all of them

larethian 2012-11-26 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneX3 (Post 4452143)
snipped...

Note, Madoka is written by the same guy who wrote Fate/Zero and Psycho Pass. Childishness is the last thing I would use to describe it......

ProDigit 2012-11-26 21:13

Well, Fate Stay zero was kind of childish if you ask me!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.