AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for Action/Romance Anime/Manga! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117020)

InsaneX3 2012-12-27 20:42

Looking for Action/Romance Anime/Manga!
 
Good Afternoon! I am currently looking for some good Action or Romance based Anime/Manga with a mature looking and acting male protagonist!

Some character examples:

Spoiler for :


Those are the characters i know of currently, can't remember the others since i watch animes since 10 years or so :P

I really hate those wimpy males in romances who doesn't know how to handle girls. All the time they get flustered and such, i find this boring and turns me off. Also i don't like those males who doesn't realize that xx girl is in love with him for example Ichika Orimura from Infinite Stratos. The character looks good but god the way he acts....

Also the Anime/Manga should have decent quality like the ones i listed above!

Well, thats it basically, i doubt there are many more of those Anime/Manga out there but i still have hope!

Trudinh 2012-12-27 20:50

i think you can give Iris zero a try, the main character is the smart type, he's like Light from death note, he smart, has a "i don't care" look, like he doesn't help people unless his girl ( the one he love) drag him into it. Iris Zero is a manga, everyone is born with a iris ( an ability to their eye, each person has a unique ability, some can see people true love, some can see through people lies, some can see people emotion, some can see people future, some can see people death, etc ). The main character isnt born with an IRIS, The title iris zero, he has no special ability, everyone dislike him cause he "different". BUT he is extremely smart. he is like a genius.

InsaneX3 2012-12-27 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trudinh (Post 4491648)
i think you can give Iris zero a try, the main character is the smart type, he's like Light from death note, he smart, has a "i don't care" look, like he doesn't help people unless his girl ( the one he love) drag him into it. Iris Zero is a manga, everyone is born with a iris ( an ability to their eye, each person has a unique ability, some can see people true love, some can see through people lies, some can see people emotion, some can see people future, some can see people death, etc ). The main character isnt born with an IRIS, The title iris zero, he has no special ability, everyone dislike him cause he "different". BUT he is extremely smart. he is like a genius.

Thanks, i know this Manga already but sadly it didn't get any updates for a long time :frustrated: I will add this to the list!

Edit: I also forgot to add Akatsuki Ousawa from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

Trudinh 2012-12-28 08:35

did u see K, there action, there romance in it, depend on how you look at it, some say there romance, some say it more a father and child, the girl act childish and he care for her, watch it and u can decide. and as for the main character, he a joker, he doesn't take thing seriously. the whole story is a mystery.

Divini 2012-12-28 14:51

Maybe try Denpa Kyoushi, Beelzebub, The World God Only Knows, or Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO).

Really like the main protagonist of those four.

InsaneX3 2012-12-28 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trudinh (Post 4492146)
did u see K, there action, there romance in it, depend on how you look at it, some say there romance, some say it more a father and child, the girl act childish and he care for her, watch it and u can decide. and as for the main character, he a joker, he doesn't take thing seriously. the whole story is a mystery.

I will look into K but so far nothing good is told about K. It is said that K got a bad plot without much explaining or storytelling. Dunno if it is something for me but i will watch the first 3 Episodes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divini (Post 4492471)
Maybe try Denpa Kyoushi, Beelzebub, The World God Only Knows, or Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO).

Really like the main protagonist of those four.

Thanks, i know all 3 of them while Beelzebub and Denpa Kyoushi doesn't fit into the characteristics of the above listed examples. I watched Beelzebub, and Oga is tottaly not the type i am looking for. He is so damn dense :P Also i think Onizuka from GTO doesn't fit aswell since i can't imagine him in a romance Anime/Manga. But this is still one of the best comedy Anime/Manga i have watched/read. So, about Denpa Kyoushi mhh...i know this manga but i don't read it that much. I don't really like the type of this teacher called Junichirou Kagami. Also the other characters doesn't really fit for me thus i stopped reading it after a while.

Edit: Completed K and it wasn't that bad. The animation and voice actors were splendid but the story was a big turn off. This series could have been much more with more than 20 episodes, trying to deepen the story and such. Well, it was still worth my time!

Trudinh 2012-12-28 22:30

Try sword art online, you might like it, im currently watching it, haven't finish yet.

Edit: ya, i feel they rush the ending, it could have been better, it was popular so they going to have second season ( it been announced too), hope it clear up the story more.

Trudinh 2012-12-28 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divini (Post 4492471)
Maybe try Denpa Kyoushi, Beelzebub, The World God Only Knows, or Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO).

Really like the main protagonist of those four.


i try to watch World God only know, earlier today, and i couldn't get pass episode 7,
i like the character, but the story is just horrible, it about a guy who play dating sim game (alot). he uses what he learn from dating sim game to hook up with girls and make them fall in love with him, a new girls is introduce every 2-3 episodes. it funny, great character, but the story-line is just horrible. i just hate the fact that a new girl is introduce every couple episode, it would be soo much better if they stick to 1 girl.

well that my opinion of the anime

SuzushinaYuriko 2012-12-28 23:31

Code Geass is a shoe-in if you want a protagonist similar to Light.

Steins;Gate. Okabe may act silly and proclaim himself as a mad scientist most of the time, but he's an excellent protagonist with a serious side.

Kamisama no Memochou has one who starts off relatively normal and increases in maturity throughout the series.

Maybe you should give Baccano! a try. There actually isn't a specific main character for this show, but the person closest to one (Firo) is pretty badass. This anime is confusing at first because it jumps around in time, but the story and characters are some of the best I've seen.

fate/zero is an excellent one. However, this is also a series with a pretty big cast so it doesn't always focus on Kiritsugu.

Nodame Cantabile is an excellent romantic comedy series that takes place in college.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! was also pretty enjoyable. It starts off as comedy and gradually turns into a romance. The protagonist looks wimpy, but he actually isn't dense. It's not a harem at all, despite the amount of girls in this show.

Kurohane 2012-12-29 00:45

Fortune Arterial (both anime and manga): The main protagonist is quite capable, and isn't dense at all. The story is a school setting and he works in the student council. It is a true love story with the main focus on the male and female lead trying to solve the issues of the girl's family.

Tsubasa Chronicle (anime and manga): Main protagonist are knows the girls he likes. However, the girl loses her memory, and he has retrieve it. He is quite strong as a fighter and a person.

Other suggestions:
DearS (manga)
Yozakura Quartet (anime and manga)
Omamori Himari (anime and manga)
Is this a Zombie? (anime and manga)

cexdonnr 2012-12-29 03:47

i think you can give Iris zero a try, the main character is the smart typehttp://www.wengmj.com/1a4.jpg

InsaneX3 2012-12-30 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzushinaYuriko (Post 4492902)
Code Geass is a shoe-in if you want a protagonist similar to Light.

Steins;Gate. Okabe may act silly and proclaim himself as a mad scientist most of the time, but he's an excellent protagonist with a serious side.

Kamisama no Memochou has one who starts off relatively normal and increases in maturity throughout the series.

Maybe you should give Baccano! a try. There actually isn't a specific main character for this show, but the person closest to one (Firo) is pretty badass. This anime is confusing at first because it jumps around in time, but the story and characters are some of the best I've seen.

fate/zero is an excellent one. However, this is also a series with a pretty big cast so it doesn't always focus on Kiritsugu.

Nodame Cantabile is an excellent romantic comedy series that takes place in college.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! was also pretty enjoyable. It starts off as comedy and gradually turns into a romance. The protagonist looks wimpy, but he actually isn't dense. It's not a harem at all, despite the amount of girls in this show.

I already completed Code Geass both seasons, Steins;Gate, Baccano! and Fate-Zero. Really good animes but not what i am looking for i think. I will try the other suggestions!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurohane (Post 4492966)
Fortune Arterial (both anime and manga): The main protagonist is quite capable, and isn't dense at all. The story is a school setting and he works in the student council. It is a true love story with the main focus on the male and female lead trying to solve the issues of the girl's family.

Tsubasa Chronicle (anime and manga): Main protagonist are knows the girls he likes. However, the girl loses her memory, and he has retrieve it. He is quite strong as a fighter and a person.

Other suggestions:
DearS (manga)
Yozakura Quartet (anime and manga)
Omamori Himari (anime and manga)
Is this a Zombie? (anime and manga)

Gonna try Fortune Arterial. I watched Tsubasa Chronicle but that was many years ago. I also know DearS which i watched in 2005/2006 or so i think. Will try the rest of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cexdonnr (Post 4493100)
i think you can give Iris zero a try, the main character is the smart typehttp://www.wengmj.com/1a4.jpg

Already know this one except the few new chapters i didn't read. I finished it yesterday.

Trudinh 2012-12-31 19:20

try sword art online, i just finish and love it. it start out a little slow but it fantastic mid way through.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.