AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Robotech (live action movie by Warner Bros) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117556)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-01-24 22:09

Robotech (live action movie by Warner Bros)
 
Warner Bros. Pictures apparently has found a director to direct it: Nic Mathieu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywoodreporter.com
In development at the studio for quite some time, Warner Bros. Pictures appears to have found a director for their live-action adaptation of the anime classic Robotech. The Hollywood Reporter brings word that commercials director Nic Mathieu is now in talks to helm.

"Robotech" was a cartoon series during the 1980s from Harmony Gold USA and Tatsunoko Productions. It was re-edited and re-dialogued to combine three Japanese anime series to give the producers enough episodes to air as a daily syndicated series.

A sprawling sci-fi epic, Robotech takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion concerns a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship's energy source known as "protoculture," and the planet's survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots.

Writers on Robotech over the years have included Alfred Gough, Miles Millar and Lawrence Kasdan. There's no word yet on whether or not additional talent will be brought in for a rewrite after Mathieu signs on.

Akiva Goldsman, Joby Harold, Tobey Maguire, Matthew Plouffe and Tory Tunnell are attached to produce.

link

Btw, Tobey Maguire is still aiming for the lead role :heh:.

Personally, I'm not worried about this adaptation since Robotech is practically different from SDF Macross. So, they can mess with this one as much as they want and won't stain the classic original source imo. Though I still want this to turn out great. Watching Valkyries in their Gerwalk and Battroid mode in live action battle scenes should be awesome :).

PS: Ups, sorry Mods. I confused "General Chat" with "General Anime". You may move this thread to General Chat if you so desire.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 01:42

LOls.. confused myself with Macross.... If I'm not mistaking, this is the anime where the ship becomes a giant robot that has an awesome " robot artillery punch"...

bhl88 2013-01-25 01:56

Robotech.... The cosmic super power from Harmony Gold that runs all things.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-01-25 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4526967)
LOls.. confused myself with Macross.... If I'm not mistaking, this is the anime where the ship becomes a giant robot that has an awesome " robot artillery punch"...

Oh, you're not wrong, Genji. Robotech is a "bastardized" version (or should I say "Americanized" version) of SDF Macross. They changed the dialogues and merged it with two other series into one giant show (which is really bad compared to the original SDF Macross imo). I'm glad I grew up watching the original SDF.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 02:05

So it is then.... I missed that anime..... Especially the aliens who seen the poster of a female in bikini for the very first time...

bhl88 2013-01-25 02:06

Lol so this movie will end up as a bastardized version of a bastardized robot show....

Ithekro 2013-01-25 02:28

Depending on the writing, cast, and special effects, it could become "bastardization made awesome".

Still bastardized, but people would care less.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 4527025)
Depending on the writing, cast, and special effects, it could become "bastardization made awesome".

Still bastardized, but people would care less.

Who's the producer Steven S.?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-01-25 02:41

^ Akiva Goldsman, Joby Harold, Tobey Maguire, Matthew Plouffe and Tory Tunnell.

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 14:11

I wonder what Big West will say to this.

I also wonder if they dare release this in Japan. :heh:

Chiibi 2013-01-25 15:30

:twitch:

........what.......robo...!? I didn't even like the original anime....it was very boring. :[

No.
Hollywood, STOP.

What is this I don't even.....

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 4527687)
:twitch:

........what.......robo...!? I didn't even like the original anime....it was very boring. :[

No.
Hollywood, STOP.

What is this I don't even.....

Lets be honest.. kids' shows are in demand to day.. for adult to watch..:heh:

Kyuu 2013-01-25 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiibi (Post 4527687)
:twitch:

........what.......robo...!? I didn't even like the original anime....it was very boring. :[

No.
Hollywood, STOP.

What is this I don't even.....

Just wait for the eventual inevitable making of a Hollywood made Evangelion movie.

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuu (Post 4527733)
Just wait for the eventual inevitable making of a Hollywood made Evangelion movie.

2015. http://blog.sci-fi-stuff.com/full-me...lion-optioned/

At least thats going to have the consent of the original makers.

NoemiChan 2013-01-25 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudryavka (Post 4527738)
2015. http://blog.sci-fi-stuff.com/full-me...lion-optioned/

At least thats going to have the consent of the original makers.

Full Metal Panic?!:twitch: Good!:D

DRAGUN H.E.X. 2013-01-25 18:12

so i guess they should've removed all the mecha from Macross, Southern Cross, & Mospeada & we ended up with nothing but some guys fighting aliens with conventional-looking weaponary, so no transforming battleships, jets, & motorcycle powersuits,
its basicaly Stealth but with aliens, PLUS godawful songs that looked like they were Glee songs rejects

if done right, we would have several japanese cast but the full cast is still international, cue Nick Furry piloting a custom Valkrye along with his oneliners, ~WHAT ABOUT MY STAR~, ~Seikan Hikaou~!!!

& WHATS THE MOST SOUL IMPORTANT OF ALL: Shoji Kawamori

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 4527832)

if done right, we would have several japanese cast but the full cast is still international, cue Nick Furry piloting a custom Valkrye along with his oneliners, ~WHAT ABOUT MY STAR~, ~Seikan Hikaou~!!!

& WHATS THE MOST SOUL IMPORTANT OF ALL: Shoji Kawamori

The people in Robotech werent Japanese, so itd be kinda dumb to make the movie mostly Japanese cast.

And afaik theres no singing in Robotech. If youre a Macross fan, please dont go see that movie, youre gonna hate it. :uhoh:

Ithekro 2013-01-25 18:31

They didn't change the plot for the first part (Macross) all that much. Minmay is still an idol singer and severly effects the invading alien forces. (however her song or two are repeated so much I really don't care for it). Most changes were of background stuff so it would be able to blend with the other two anime they used for the later parts of Robotech. I don't remember much singing in the second part (Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross) but the third part has a crossdressing singing idol if I recall correctly (the Genesis Climber MOSPEADA section).

DRAGUN H.E.X. 2013-01-25 18:45

if they do have variable fighters in this movie, i think they ended up looking like Michael Bay's version of Starscream but with pilots & the SDF Macross battroid mode ended up looking like uh..... an upsized The Fallen?

& what i meant is the main protagonist IS japanese of decendant, not the whole cast, i seriously want Samuel L. Jackson in this movie along with his Snakes on a Plane rant with monkeys meme, the there's the USS Enterprise crew........

Kudryavka 2013-01-25 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 4527864)
if they do have variable fighters in this movie, i think they ended up looking like Michael Bay's version of Starscream but with pilots & the SDF Macross battroid mode ended up looking like uh..... an upsized The Fallen?

& what i meant is the main protagonist IS japanese of decendant, not the whole cast, i seriously want Samuel L. Jackson in this movie along with his Snakes on a Plane rant with monkeys meme, the there's the USS Enterprise crew........

No, in Macross he's Japanese. In Robotech his race is not clear, but his name sounds European or American (which doesnt define what race he is).

And as we all know, Harmony Gold doesnt give two flying hoots about the real Macross. Theyve taken so many steps to make sure the real Macross cant come to America, not even the new ones like Frontier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.