AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   So what do you guys think of water flouridation? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117582)

BradleySmith 2013-01-26 16:07

So what do you guys think of water flouridation?
 
Personally i cant stand it and have a reverse osmosis 5 stage that i plumbed in to stop drinking it.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:08

No, I like flouride water b/c it helps my teeth get stronger.

BradleySmith 2013-01-26 16:11

Helps teeth, but had like 50 other bad side effects lol, It was used in the war to dumb down nazi's in the concentration camps.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:35

What?

I wash my mouth with fluoruide every night, is that bad?

Alchemist007 2013-01-26 16:36

Washing mouth != drinking it.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 16:38

It still gets absorbed by the skin in your cheeks.

Well now I feel scared. I guess I'll go to antiseptic but damn that stuff stings!

Irenicus 2013-01-26 18:05

Don't be so scared. Like everything, it's doses that count.

Alchemist007 2013-01-26 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kudryavka (Post 4529026)
It still gets absorbed by the skin in your cheeks.

Well now I feel scared. I guess I'll go to antiseptic but damn that stuff stings!

To an insignificant degree. It's completely different form drinking it. It's not VX nerve gas :heh:

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 18:26

Ok, never mind then.

But wow I never knew flouride was so bad. It was in our drinking fountain water at school. lol

synaesthetic 2013-01-26 18:45

It's not bad. If it was bad it wouldn't be in all of our drinking water. These conspiracy theories are moronic.

http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/

Also this offers a good perspective on fluoridation:


Bri 2013-01-26 19:03

First thing I thought of when reading this topic was this scene: :heh:



"Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?"

DonQuigleone 2013-01-26 19:15

It's good for your teeth.

The conspiracy theories are all nonsense.

Byakou 2013-01-26 19:30

Whether fluoride is good or bad is unimportant. It's forced medication with no control of dosage and no taking in account other sources of fluoride a person might be exposed to. Infants and children often get dental fluorosis because dosage is completely disregarded. Fluorosis is a condition that causes teeth and bones to be more brittle and it causes permanent stains on the teeth. This is highly documented and not something lunatics came out with, you can find the stats on the CDC website: 40% of teens have some degree of fluorosis. Anyone who thinks this is okay is a moron.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 4529176)
It's not bad. If it was bad it wouldn't be in all of our drinking water. These conspiracy theories are moronic.

http://www.cdc.gov/fluoridation/

Also this offers a good perspective on fluoridation:

*snip*

Thanks for this, syn.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakou (Post 4529228)
Whether fluoride is good or bad is unimportant. It's forced medication with no control of dosage and no taking in account other sources of fluoride a person might be exposed to. Infants and children often get dental fluorosis because dosage is completely disregarded. Fluorosis is a condition that causes teeth and bones to be more brittle and it causes permanent stains on the teeth. This is highly documented and not something lunatics came out with, you can find the stats on the CDC website: 40% of teens have some degree of fluorosis. Anyone who thinks this is okay is a moron.

I understand your point. And I drink water with flouride and use flouride mouthwash. For me, I do it because I have abnormally little tooth enamel, to the point that I cant drink anything below room temperature without extreme pain... I think flouride is my answer to rebuilding my teeth without going to the orthodontist.

synaesthetic 2013-01-26 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byakou (Post 4529228)
Whether fluoride is good or bad is unimportant. It's forced medication with no control of dosage and no taking in account other sources of fluoride a person might be exposed to. Infants and children often get dental fluorosis because dosage is completely disregarded. Fluorosis is a condition that causes teeth and bones to be more brittle and it causes permanent stains on the teeth. This is highly documented and not something lunatics came out with, you can find the stats on the CDC website: 40% of teens have some degree of fluorosis. Anyone who thinks this is okay is a moron.

I have a head full of broken and eroded teeth thanks to a genetic abnormality. Without water fluoridation, you'd see this more often and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. I'm just waiting for my two big incisors to finish breaking off and then I won't be able to bite things or speak properly.

Fluorosis can only affect children who haven't shed their deciduous teeth yet. The best way to keep it from happening is to just use non-fluoridated toothpaste. I would be willing to bet that most severe cases of fluorosis result from kids whose parents get them some "kid flavor" toothpaste that they eat a lot of... and end up with too much fluoride.

Kudryavka 2013-01-26 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 4529271)
I have a head full of broken and eroded teeth thanks to a genetic abnormality. Without water fluoridation, you'd see this more often and it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy. I'm just waiting for my two big incisors to finish breaking off and then I won't be able to bite things or speak properly.

Fluorosis can only affect children who haven't shed their deciduous teeth yet. The best way to keep it from happening is to just use non-fluoridated toothpaste. I would be willing to bet that most severe cases of fluorosis result from kids whose parents get them some "kid flavor" toothpaste that they eat a lot of... and end up with too much fluoride.

Ow, I'm really sorry syn... I feel your pain. :(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.