AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tech Support (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   how to get rid of embedded ads in youtube video clips? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117659)

guest 2013-01-30 20:45

how to get rid of embedded ads in youtube video clips?
 
When you watch some of youtube videos, there are embedded ads on the bottom or at the beginning or at the end of the video. I don't have a youtube account. Is there a way to get rid of them? Should I post this in the tech sub-forum? I am running on Windows 7 and Firefox. Thanks.

NoemiChan 2013-01-30 21:12

Ain't there an option that could remove them during the playing unless its part of the video,

guest 2013-01-30 22:25

I am not sure if I understand what you mean. The ads are part of the videos? This is an example of what I mean by embedded ads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxdmq41kWOE
Also, I am sure some people don't mind clicking on the ads every time to get rid of them. But I am looking for a way to get rid of them like adblock plus (Firefox extension) to get rid of ads on any website.

NoemiChan 2013-01-30 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 4534654)
I am not sure if I understand what you mean. The ads are part of the videos? This is an example of what I mean by embedded ads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxdmq41kWOE
Also, I am sure some people don't mind clicking on the ads every time to get rid of them. But I am looking for a way to get rid of them like adblock plus (Firefox extension) to get rid of ads on any website.

Hmmm... probably on the browser? I'm using Chrome.. I seen no ads when I check your link... Probably its random?

Alchemist007 2013-01-31 00:15

Get some script blocking extensions along with Ad Block Plus. I use ScriptSafe for Chrome.

-KarumA- 2013-01-31 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alchemist007 (Post 4534792)
Get some script blocking extensions along with Ad Block Plus. I use ScriptSafe for Chrome.

Agreed, though youtube seems capable to go around ABP. Lately I haven't seen any adds, but sometimes they do still play at the start and sometimes are not found in the ABP menu. But recommended indeed.

Dante of the Inferno 2013-01-31 02:11

I use a combination of Adblock Plus, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus, and NoScript. This ensures that you literally don't see anything besides what you want to see. Now, with NoScript this can be a bit tedious when you're starting out. However, it does remember your settings for each website, so the more you use it, the better your experience will be.

I can't quite remember the last time I saw an ad on Firefox. Internet Explorer on the other hand...

ThereminVox 2013-01-31 06:12

I run Ad-block Plus and NoScript and I've never seen a YouTube ad.

Try ABP first to see if that works. NoScript is a kill-a-fly-with-a-sledgehammer kind of solution that takes some time to get configured to your taste, since it blocks a lot of stuff you probably won't want it to, at least right out of the box. Works like a dream once you teach it what you don't want disabled, though.

guest 2013-01-31 23:22

I am using Adblock Plus for Firefox but it blocks the youtube video clips which I want to watch as well. I mean, it blocks ads and the video clip, everything. Actually, when ABP is enabled, the youtube will have an error message, "An error has occur, Please try again later." I have to disable ABP on youtbe to watch video clips. I am looking for something that can distinguish what to block, the ads, and what NOT to block, the video clips. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThereminVox (Post 4535061)
I run Ad-block Plus and NoScript and I've never seen a YouTube ad.

Try ABP first to see if that works. NoScript is a kill-a-fly-with-a-sledgehammer kind of solution that takes some time to get configured to your taste, since it blocks a lot of stuff you probably won't want it to, at least right out of the box. Works like a dream once you teach it what you don't want disabled, though.

NoScript ? Is this a Firefox add-on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KarumA- (Post 4534846)
Agreed, though youtube seems capable to go around ABP. Lately I haven't seen any adds, but sometimes they do still play at the start and sometimes are not found in the ABP menu. But recommended indeed.

Yes, I have to disable ABP to watch youtube or it blocks video clips as well!

ThereminVox 2013-02-02 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest (Post 4535976)
NoScript ? Is this a Firefox add-on?

Yes, NoScript runs on Firefox. I don't know if there's an equivalent for other browsers. Again, it's kind of a nuclear option, unless you don't mind doing a bit of selective disabling until you get your commonly-visited sites to show everything you want and nothing you don't.

Traece 2013-02-10 05:53

Adblock Plus allows you to look at scripts that the page has and block them individually, and by the URL. It's a nifty feature for when websites update and get around ABP. You can pop open that toolbar and do a little hunting to isolate something that's obviously connected to an advertisement.

This can be a bit difficult though, and it takes a little bit of sleuthing to find your culprit sometimes.

Kudryavka 2013-02-10 07:00

Use AdBlock Plus and Noscript if you use Firefox.

Adblock blocks ads. Noscript keeps scripts from running.

I do this and have not seen a single ad on Youtube on my main partition for half a year.

guest 2013-02-15 21:55

Thanks. I opened AdBlock Plus "blockable items" and found what not to block on youtube.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.