AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 699 [manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117982)

marvelB 2013-02-20 01:32

One Piece - Chapter 699 [manga]
 
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.




Well, the break's over and we're one chapter away from hitting 700! What surprises await us this time around? Let's find out! Credit goes to Aohige and the other folks at AP for the summary and translation:


-Chapter title is "Morning Edition". No ministory this week, since there's a color page instead.

-Despite the arrival of Kuzan (better known as Aokiji), Doflamingo still attempts to kill Smoker. However, he's frozen before he gets the chance to do so. Nonetheless, he easily breaks free of the ice and tells the former admiral he has no intention of fighting him. Before he leaves, Dofla says he's heard unpleasant rumors about Kuzan, and finally sets off.


-While Smoker's wounds are treated by his men, he has a chat with Kuzan. It seems the ice-man has no qualms about leaving the WG, as he says there's advantages in having no affiliation. This leads Smoker to think that Aokiji has connections to the underworld, which was how he was able to locate the place. On that note, it's also revealed that the ice-man's transport is a GIANT PENGUIN. :p



-It's revealed that Doflamingo is currently the king of Dressrosa. Furthermore, Kuzan intends to report the whole PH incident to Akainu. He notes that this will undoubtedly be the biggest case that the current marines has dealt with since their formation two years ago.......


-Back to the Straw-Hats, Usopp wants Kinemon to give them disguises so they're not spotted by enemies, but the samurai is busy sparring with Zoro. During the fight, he notices Zoro's Shuusui (the sword he obtained from Ryuuma), and thinks that he stole it. Meanwhile, it turns out that Momo is popular with the ladies, which makes him the envy of the crew's perverts. :heh:


-The next day arrives, and the newspapers have arrived. It reports that Doflamingo has quit the Shichibukai, and has abdicated his throne at Dressrosa. Furthermore, it even reports all of the supernova alliances. Dressrosa is in an uproar, and amidst all the confusion Law once again contacts his former captain......





Wow, this sure was a plot-heavy chapter, that it was! So Aokiji's apparently got underworld connections, Dofla seems to have given up his position, and to top it all off, Akainu is now aware of the pirate alliances. Welp, this pretty much guarantees there to be bounty hikes all around, it sure does! Also, gotta hand it to Momo for being more a pimp than his dear ol' dad! ;) The full chapter should be out in a few hours' time, but in the meantime, here's the awesome Jump cover:




aohige 2013-02-20 01:55

The fact Dofla managed to break out of ice on his own, much like how Whitebeard did, is a testimony to that man's strength.
Despite constantly getting one-upped by Law, Dofla is not a man you screw with. :heh:

bhl88 2013-02-20 02:04

So it reports Trafalgar's and Luffy's alliance?

Boosted to 900 million belli XD

marvelB 2013-02-20 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by aohige (Post 4561371)
The fact Dofla managed to break out of ice on his own, much like how Whitebeard did, is a testimony to that man's strength.
Despite constantly getting one-upped by Law, Dofla is not a man you screw with. :heh:



Yeah, seriously. Plus, if you include his conqueror's haki it's seriously no wonder that he's such a force to be reckoned with.....


That being said, here's my prediction: Personally, I'm thinking that Dofla is duping Law with the papers. Like, even if it announced his retirement from his position, it's probably just a ruse to lure all the birdman's enemies into a trap. After all, this wouldn't be the first time the papers reported false info.... recall that it lied about Moria's supposed "death" (which, coincidentally, Dofla was ALSO involved with).....




Actually, I'm also kinda curious about whether or not Law is going to keep his warlord status from now on? I think I said in a past thread that he could tell the WG that the alliance could be used an excuse to keep tabs of Luffy, but even I admit it's gonna be hard to convince Killee McGee (aka Akainu) of that much. :heh:

SOGESNAKE 2013-02-20 02:16

Alittle surprised that Kuzan still reports things to Akainu.... ESPECIALLY since Akainu's not really the kind of guy who just let's guys abandon the government... I mean... remember what he did to those fleeing Marine's in Marineford? :heh:

aohige 2013-02-20 02:24

Probably not directly, but more of tip "leak" to Akainu, that way the marines will move their forces.

marvelB 2013-02-20 02:34

BTW, I wonder if this means that we'll be seeing the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins alliance at Dressrosa, as well? I mean, it couldn't hurt to participate in Law's schemes if it means crippling a yonkou's forces, right? ;)

Undertaker 2013-02-20 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4561390)
Alittle surprised that Kuzan still reports things to Akainu.... ESPECIALLY since Akainu's not really the kind of guy who just let's guys abandon the government... I mean... remember what he did to those fleeing Marine's in Marineford? :heh:

That is a little different though, in his defense, they are at war/battle at time. It's something almost every military leader would do in real life against deserters.

If anything, so far Akainu's absolute justice still seem to have a line. Don't forget, he did spare Kuzan's life according to Jimbei's account and he didn't seem to be gunning after Garp because of Dragon and Luffy.

If anything, he doesn't seem to by the type of guy that goes after someone unless he/she is being branded by law as "evil".

What amounts to as collateral damages, however, is different story.


Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4561400)
BTW, I wonder if this means that we'll be seeing the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins alliance at Dressrosa, as well? I mean, it couldn't hurt to participate in Law's schemes if it means crippling a yonkou's forces, right? ;)


I was thinking about that way back. I thought the Kid/Apoo/Hawkins alliance was part of Law'plan. But since Law is gunning for Kaidou first, that theory goes out of window.

But considering that Kid/Apoo/Hawkins seems to be going after Big Mom, that is something Luffy and Law could be involved in as well.

Or Oda could pull another behind-the-scene event that while Luffy and Law stopples Kaidou, Kid/Apoo/Hawkins takes down Big Mom at same time.

aohige 2013-02-20 04:36

Yo marvel I be putting up sum full summaries up 'ere yo.

Although I'm sure scans will come soon.

The Small One 2013-02-20 07:09

I wonder how the newspapers got to know of the alliances.
I doubt pirates give out press releases.

vansonbee 2013-02-20 07:14

Doflamingo king of Dressrosa? What a twist and can someone bring up a map of the world and where this place is located?

I bet his father or someone important was calling him, "WTF are you thinking?" lol

~Yami~ 2013-02-20 07:30

so many things happen in one day...
never expect that Aokiji will still support Marine from behind by warning Marine about Doflamingo

why the news didn't say anything about Caesar? hmm....

so the next stop is... kicking Doflamingo!....

I wonder if Law wants to keep the alliance for longer... or maybe join the crew? :heh:

ronin myael 2013-02-20 07:45

awesome new color page from oda-sensei. i was a bit disappointed that i didn't get to see a doffy and aokiji clash but i guess it's for the best. i am very intrigued with doffy's real strength. just how powerful is he? maybe some people were too quick to judge that he doesn't belong in the top tier guys in op. i enjoyed this chapter though. great interaction from the crew and some new intriguing developments. :D

margafred 2013-02-20 08:15

That Jump's cover showing Luffy's hand burning intensely.. i wonder if its just because of the armored Haki, or...

Randrak42 2013-02-20 08:18

MAMA ROBIN! NAMI-NEECHAN!

I haven't laughed so hard while reading manga in a long while, those scenes with Momo and the others were priceless...PRICELESS I TELL YOU!

'Pryde 2013-02-20 08:30

Momo's troll face was hilarious!!

I Just noticed ice is like the worst power to have for any anime or manga cause everyone just breaks out whenever frozen. However, Aokiji's seems to be the most deadly.

Finre 2013-02-20 08:31

They just have to include X Drake and their alliance against kaidou will be complete.

Kanon 2013-02-20 08:54

What a terrific chapter!

As expected, Doflamingo chose to flee rather than fight Aokiji. He couldn't silence Smoker but he at least got back his subordinates. Even though Kuzan has left the marines, it seems like he still has a purpose. He's not merely a vagabond.

The part with Momo and the three perverts was hilarious. That kid is lucky and he knows it. Damn him!

Franky's new haircut is funny (is it going to change every arc? Looks like it).

Law's plan is progressing smoothly. Maybe a little too smoothly. I'm sure Doflamingo's got something up his sleeve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Small One (Post 4561558)
I wonder how the newspapers got to know of the alliances.
I doubt pirates give out press releases.

I assume Smoker reported Law and Luffy's alliance to his superiors and they chose to leak it to the press.

No idea about the others.

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2013-02-20 09:56

Doflamingo is taller than an admiral? That doesn't look consistent with how Oda has drawn the admirals before. Not a big deal, anyways.

As mentioned already, breaking out of Aokiji's freeze shows Doflamingo is an absolute beast. Mind you that he broke out of it before his heart got frozen, otherwise he'd be toast. But I hope that people don't automatically jump the gun and say Doflamingo is now admiral level, because he has yet to prove himself of being that caliber.

The confusion at Dressrosa certainly makes one think if Doflamingo really did resign shichibukai status. Not to mention that he doesn't look concerned at all; quite the contrary, he looks totally calm. Perhaps this is a set-up to throw Law and the strawhats off. With everything that birdman has at stake, you'd expect him to have contingency plans.

noktown 2013-02-20 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by margafred (Post 4561617)
That Jump's cover showing Luffy's hand burning intensely.. i wonder if its just because of the armored Haki, or...

I think it's pretty obvious by now that Gear 2nd(Which he can now use on any part of his body)+Haki = burn effect.So we'll probably see whole body burning at some point.

Anyways i wonder if it was Kaido calling Donfla in the end ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.