AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Ketsuekigata-kun (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118223)

mistress_kisara 2013-03-06 02:32

Ketsuekigata-kun
 
Quote:

Ketsuekigata-kun, the manga about anthropomorphized blood types, is inspiring a television anime that will premiere on April 7. In Japan, some people believe that blood types are linked to personalities; to them, people with Type A blood are reliable, Type B blood signifies passionate people, Type O blood indicates those with an independent streak, and Type AB people are capricious.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

Original author: Real Crazy Man

Director: Yoshihisa Oyama
Script: Kenichi Yamashita
Studio: Assez Finaud Fabric. and feel.

Cast
Blood-type A - Jun Fukuyama
Blood-type B - Yuichi Nakamura
Blood-type O - Akira Ishida
Blood-type AB - Tetsuya Kakihara

Looks like its gonna be an anime short, I might watch this just for the seiyuu :D

Sumeragi 2013-03-06 02:58

This looks similar to this.....

Marcus H. 2013-03-06 02:59

The author is Real Crazy Man and the plot is Real Crazy, Man. :twitch:

Ridwan 2013-03-06 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4579679)

Not precisely that ?

Anyway I think I won't gonna escape this one.

Sumeragi 2013-03-06 03:05

Oh wait....

*Facepalm*

It IS Park Dong Seun who is Real Crazy Man.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-06 03:25

It seems I'm supposedly reliable? Who would have thought?

erneiz_hyde 2013-03-06 03:33

My internet social circle sometimes posts these, so I've read some of the strips, but frankly didn't know this was of Far East origin until I see this thread. :heh:

Ridwan 2013-03-06 03:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4579700)
My internet social circle sometimes posts these, so I've read some of the strips, but frankly didn't know this was of Far East origin until I see this thread. :heh:

They're into Korean stuff, too.

MisaoFan 2013-03-06 05:50

The concept is weird in a interestingly good way, but what makes me excited even more is the excellent cast held by FukuJun, Nakamura, Ishida and Kakihara, which leads to my potential watch list !

BTW, my blood type is A, so I'll go for FukuJun.

Ridwan 2013-03-06 06:40

My kind is voiced by Simon. That's strangely appropriate.

Tempester 2013-03-06 12:53

Oh look, another anime centering around a single trivial and idiotic Japanese cultural quirk. Who actually believes this superstitious trash? Oh wait, Japanese people, of course.

Sumeragi 2013-03-06 13:05

Yes, you managed to miss the point that the original series (done by a Korean) is basically a humorous take on the idea, putting the stereotypes in various situations. I believe we have someone intolerant over here.

Dr. Casey 2013-03-06 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4580127)
Oh look, another anime centering around a single trivial and idiotic Japanese cultural quirk. Who actually believes this superstitious trash? Oh wait, Japanese people, of course.

Capricious Type AB spotted

I wish I knew what blood type I was. I donated blood once in September 2011 and they said they would send me my donor card in about six weeks, but they never did. :/

Solace 2013-03-06 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4580127)
Oh look, another anime centering around a single trivial and idiotic Japanese cultural quirk. Who actually believes this superstitious trash? Oh wait, Japanese people, of course.

Was this really something worth grumbling about? Plenty of cultures use stupid superstitions, and plenty of them take it seriously. Silly Scorpio, watch out for ladders and black cats. :p

*rubs lucky rabbits foot*

*rabbit wasn't so lucky*

White Manju Bun 2013-03-06 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistress_kisara (Post 4579661)

Cast
Blood-type A - Jun Fukuyama
Blood-type B - Yuichi Nakamura
Blood-type O - Akira Ishida
Blood-type AB - Tetsuya Kakihara

Looks like its gonna be an anime short, I might watch this just for the seiyuu :D

Im in just for the seiyuu cast :heh:

/steals Solace's rabbits foot.

Solace 2013-03-06 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 4580212)
Im in just for the seiyuu cast :heh:

/steals Solace's rabbits foot.

Rabbits have four feet! I have backups!

*flees*

*It was a really, really unlucky rabbit*

Kakkou 2013-03-06 20:26

Awww, I wanted my blood type to be represented by FukuJun... :heh: Like others I'll be checking this out solely for the seiyuu.

Kirarakim 2013-03-06 20:47

I will check this out for the seiyuu. I don't know how many times I've said that. :heh:

Tempester 2013-03-06 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumeragi (Post 4580148)
Yes, you managed to miss the point that the original series (done by a Korean) is basically a humorous take on the idea, putting the stereotypes in various situations. I believe we have someone intolerant over here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 4580209)
Was this really something worth grumbling about? Plenty of cultures use stupid superstitions, and plenty of them take it seriously. Silly Scorpio, watch out for ladders and black cats. :p

*rubs lucky rabbits foot*

*rabbit wasn't so lucky*

Usually, if I want to enlighten myself with Japanese culture, I prefer either a more wholesome premise that shows various facets of culture, or offhand jokes/comments that come naturally.

Anime like Kamichu and Natsume Yuujinchou are excellent for this; gods and youkai may be superstitions, but they can easily lead to exciting stories. Individual episodes of anime like Tanabata episodes or school festival episodes are cliches (and they can get annoying here and there), but they usually don't dominate a whole anime and they have a lot of culture to make use of.

I just can't muster much interest when looking at premises that take *one* tiny aspect of Japanese culture and appear to center the entire series around it. Like this show, and also that one show about the little sister who comes from Osaka with the whole making fun of Kansai people thing. These might be decent ideas for a one-shot or something, but a full-length series sounds like stretching it.

Not to mention, it's extremely Japanese in nature. If you have to explain to me why I should find the B-type character's actions funny (and I'm sure that would be the case for most of us on ASuki), then I'm obviously not versed well enough in Japanese culture to qualify for watching the anime.

I'd like to clarify that I'm not necessarily expecting this to be a bad anime. I'm just not that excited from the premise and I feel that it might be over my level.

On the plus side, that's one awesome voice cast! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4580197)
Capricious Type AB spotted

I'm type A, actually. Sorry for forever ruining your idealized image of me. :heh:

Sumeragi 2013-03-06 20:57

I think you missed the point..... It's a Korean comic that is getting animated in Japan, and the actions of the blood types done are what makes this comical.

You'll see how funny it is when you see it. I enjoyed the original greatly, and can't wait to see how the Japanese twist will make this enjoyable in its own way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.