AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Golden Time (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118396)

AdamEndless9 2013-03-17 03:43

Golden Time

An anime adaptation of the light novel "Golden Time" by Toradora!'s author, Yuyuko Takemiya, has been announced alongside the anime adaptaion of Gakuto Mikumo's light novel, "Strike the Blood", at the "Game no Dengeki Kanshasai 2013 & Dengeki Bunko: Haru no Saiten 2013" event.
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/611/611540/
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000...cs1w1_290x.jpg
Synopsis:
Quote:

Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. Just then, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. As they were hurrying to their intended goal, with hardly any time to spare, there appeared in front of them a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. "Congratulations, Freshman!", was all she said, and then she left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children she had promised to marry him one day, fulfilling her dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the entrance exam for this well known private college, but now there she was in the freshman orientation hall. She had taken the law school entrance exam too, and had caught up to him there.

Nachtwandler 2013-03-17 03:57

What?! I tried to read first volume. The premise looks interesting but I still not caught by the story. Maybe I should try to continue it

MisaoFan 2013-03-17 04:04

Synopsis looks interesting and has nice artwork but it doesn't convince me very much to pick it up. It's just that I'm more interested in Strike the Blood, although I'll still watch both of these.

Nachtwandler 2013-03-17 04:08

Eh. To bad they'll never adapt Takemiya's VN źNoel╗. Yuri is just too unpopular (((

NoemiChan 2013-03-17 04:12

Added to List.

sky black swordman 2013-03-17 05:09

So this is getting an anime, aye. I have read both of Yuyuko Takemiya previous works "Watashitachi no Tamura-kun"(the manga adaptation of the light novel) and "Toradora!".I enjoyed reading both very much. So I will definitely be watching this when it comes out. :)
I should start reading the LN traslation soon.

totoum 2013-03-17 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 (Post 4593966)
An anime adaptation of the light novel "Golden Time" by Toradora!'s author, Yuyuko Takemiya

Instant must watch for me.

Also nice to be getting a romance between college students rather than highschoolers.

winhlp32 2013-03-17 05:30

All that's left is to wait for the Mari Okada announcement...

But really, hopefully a good studio will take care of Komatsu E-ji's designs.

Haiprbim 2013-03-17 05:45

Haha, sounds really interesting.
I'm just wondering about one thing, the Quote you posted first explains one character, Tada Banri, and you assume it will continue about him.
But then, it just explains everything about a guy he ran into and his beautiful childhood friend and what they promised to each other? The hell? xD

Lota 2013-03-17 06:03

I'm definitely watching this :D I haven't read the novel, but I'm reading the manga which has covered the first volume of the novel, and so far I've been really enjoying it. This piece of news just made my day!

Nachtwandler 2013-03-17 06:49

P3tr

Banri is the protag of the series somehow. But there are three(actually four but it's a bit of a spoiler) more main charaters. The guy who escaped not to marry his girlfriend, his girlfriend(who is yandere and on who Banri has a crush) and Banris former girlfriend(who he don't remember)

Revan21 2013-03-17 07:35

Isn't this the same situation they had in ToraDora as well?

Just don't have Kugimiya Rie voice Kouko :P

Nachtwandler 2013-03-17 07:52

There are two differences:

1. All characters are collage students
2. There are mystery element related to male lead. It's not a big spoiler cause author explained this somewhere in the beginning of the story but better not to spoil it still. And I think Yukari Tamura or Chiwa Saito would be more fitting for Kouko

Warm Mist 2013-03-17 08:12

Hmmm, has the LN completed its run?

I'm waiting on the staff for this... if we get something similar to Toradora's staff, I might as well give it a try.

Utsuro no Hako 2013-03-17 09:31

Yuyuko Takemiya's enough for this to be an instant watch for me, though hopefully they'll get Okada to handle the adaptation.

Kaisos Erranon 2013-03-17 09:35

You know, I would call Toradora a bad adaptation... although to be fair most of the reasons it is bad aren't the staff's fault, and I suppose Okada should be commended for managing to compress every book into two/three episodes and still keeping the overall feel of the story.
I still would prefer totally new staff though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by P3tr (Post 4594092)
But then, it just explains everything about a guy he ran into and his beautiful childhood friend and what they promised to each other? The hell? xD

Yeah see this is why Golden Time is awesome.

ion475 2013-03-17 11:08

Quote:

All that's left is to wait for the Mari Okada announcement...
And Nagai as the director, animated by J.C. Staff...

Okay, hope the last part doesn't happen.

For a quick overall opinion myself (Since I've read the work b/c it's written by Takemiya-sensei), it's no Toradora (At least you don't have a Taiga-like tsundere...), nor the story IMO is anywhere close to as good as Toradora!. But then, you just can't have Toradora! University version and call it a day...

As far as CV, don't really care as long as Oka Chinami is voiced by Kaneda Tomoko.

darkchibi07 2013-03-17 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 4593990)
Eh. To bad they'll never adapt Takemiya's VN źNoel╗. Yuri is just too unpopular (((

Wait, what? When did she do that?

Haak 2013-03-17 11:26

Same author as Toradora!? Fuck me, I'm totally in.

Nachtwandler 2013-03-17 11:29

darkchibi07

In 2004 )