AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [PSV] Mind≒0 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118437)

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-19 07:36

[PSV] Mind≒0

Acquire announces Mind 0 for PS Vita
A 3D school dungeon RPG joint-developed with Zerodiv.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/acquire-a...ro-for-ps-vita

http://i.imgur.com/30E37xPl.jpg

Quote:

Acquire’s recently teased PlayStation Vita game is called Mind 0 (stylized MIND≒0), the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The game, developed in collaboration with Class of Heroes studio Zerodiv, is a dark and stylish school dungeon RPG featuring character designs by Kyo, scenario by Minato Kushimachi, and sound by Zizz Studio.

The game will have two worlds—the real world and a crazy spiritual world—the latter in which players can use special MIND (Mental Inside Nobody Doll) powers to call forth their Stand-like counterparts. It will have fully voiced scenes, 3D turn-based battles, and 2D adventure game-like conversation scenes. When you strike enemies, you’ll see onomatopoeic words like “Barin!” and “Zugyan.”

Settings include Akihabara, Yokohama, Amamiya, and Nippori. It should be noted that these are written in kanji different from the names of the actual areas in Japan. The game starts at Saitama Prefecture high school.

Quote:

Find a set of characters and their voice actors below:

Kei Takanashi (小鳥遊慧) (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita) – The protagonist. He’s cool and caring.

Sana Chiaki (千景さな) (voiced by Rina Satou) – The heroine. She enjoys physical activity, is loyal, quick to act, and relied on by everyone. Her MIND is a half-naked Elf-like thing.

Shishi Ahina (朝比奈獅子) (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura) – An endlessly cheerful dope. His MIND is frightening.

Youichi Okata (緒方洋一) (voiced by Takehito Koyasu) – A detective. His MIND is a Japanese doll-like thing.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-03-19 07:43

Where have I seen those art styles before....

SilverSyko 2013-03-19 07:54

Quote:

Acquire’s recently teased PlayStation Vita game is called Mind 0 (stylized MIND≒0), the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The game, developed in collaboration with Class of Heroes studio Zerodiv, is a dark and stylish school dungeon RPG featuring character designs by Kyo, scenario by Minato Kushimachi, and sound by Zizz Studio.

The game will have two worlds—the real world and a crazy spiritual world—the latter in which players can use special MIND (Mental Inside Nobody Doll) powers to call forth their Stand-like counterparts. It will have fully voiced scenes, 3D turn-based battles, and 2D adventure game-like conversation scenes. When you strike enemies, you’ll see onomatopoeic words like “Barin!” and “Zugyan.”

Settings include Akihabara, Yokohama, Amamiya, and Nippori. It should be noted that these are written in kanji different from the names of the actual areas in Japan. The game starts at Saitama Prefecture high school.
You now have my attention.~

Sounds a lot like Persona 3 though, but I guess we'll see if it can put a new spin again of summoning forth facets of your being to fight others.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-19 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4596851)
Where have I seen those art styles before....

Black Bullet maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4596859)
You now have my attention.~

Sounds a lot like Persona 3 though, but I guess we'll see if it can put a new spin again of summoning forth facets of your being to fight others.

Yeah, the Persona series comes to mind as well...

Mcfart 2013-03-19 08:02

Sounds so much like Persona 3.

Hell even the dude on the box art is the Persona 3 MC with black hair.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-03-19 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4596867)
Black Bullet maybe?

Ooh...yeah, right

Nerroth 2013-03-19 09:30

I wonder what made them use the symbol. (Because they thought it looked cool, I guess...)

SilverSyko 2013-03-19 09:43

I couldn't find any information about what exactly that symbol means, but the best thing I could come up with is that symbols in general have a connection with Jungian psychology, and considering this game appears to deal with the "mind"...

It's probably a stretch, but that's just a another little odd similarity to Persona.

Zexas 2013-03-19 10:22

interesting - definitely feeling P3 vibe which is good :D

Cosmic Eagle 2013-03-19 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4596976)
I couldn't find any information about what exactly that symbol means, but the best thing I could come up with is that symbols in general have a connection with Jungian psychology, and considering this game appears to deal with the "mind"...

It's probably a stretch, but that's just a another little odd similarity to Persona.

It is Japanese typing for =\=

Lummie 2013-03-19 13:28

I almost thought it was devil survivor 2 from the illustration with the one on the left Daichi and the other Io. XD And yeah, the middle person looks like P3's MC .

If it's anything like Persona, it's welcome.

shmaster 2013-03-19 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4596917)
Ooh...yeah, right

Wait, no. Black Bullet's artist is not KYO.
KYO should be relatively new... let me do some searching.

Mcfart 2013-03-19 18:28

They should just release Persona 3 with that boxart.

SilverSyko 2013-03-19 19:21

I just realized the MIND pictured in that scan in the opening post is the protagonist's. That was surprising. I expected something more masculine. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4597022)
It is Japanese typing for =\=

Mind "does not equal" 0 huh? Good to know.

Quote:

If it's anything like Persona, it's welcome.
The protagonist is actually named and has a voice actor from the get-go, so I can assume unlike Persona there's not going to be as immersive or advanced of a choice system if there is one. Dungeon crawling-wise though...

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-19 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmaster (Post 4597500)
Wait, no. Black Bullet's artist is not KYO.
KYO should be relatively new... let me do some searching.

Onegaishimasu :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4597624)
I just realized the MIND pictured in that scan in the opening post is the protagonist's. That was surprising. I expected something more masculine. :heh:

We can't all be Thantos and Izanagi...

But you can bet there will be lots of fanart about that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 4597624)
The protagonist is actually named and has a voice actor from the get-go, so I can assume unlike Persona there's not going to be as immersive or advanced of a choice system if there is one. Dungeon crawling-wise though...

I'm more interested if they'll include a relationship-sim system like Persona as well... Or at least some degree of companion interaction.

erneiz_hyde 2013-03-19 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcfart (Post 4596868)
Sounds so much like Persona 3.

Hell even the dude on the box art is the Persona 3 MC with black hair.

And the dude on his right looks like genderbent Yukari and the chick on his left resembles Aigis.

shmaster 2013-03-19 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4597700)
Onegaishimasu :nod:

Find it. He is the KYO who drew for Renosha Minato.

http://www8.plala.or.jp/kyo_/

Too many people use KYO as pen name, took a while to find the right one.

Nerroth 2013-03-20 13:10

Some pics from an online preview.

FlareKnight 2013-03-20 17:25

Geeze they are being pretty subtle here :heh:. Was tempted to outright call it a Persona 3 ripoff. Though long as they don't call forth their MINDs via suspicious firearms I suppose it'll be fine :).

At the very least something I'll keep an eye on.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-03-20 17:54

Hopefully we'll see some gameplay trailers soon, they did say that its 70% complete... Even better would be a damn localization announcement...