AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hayate no Gotoku (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118787)

Pellissier 2013-04-08 13:09

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Midonin 2013-04-08 13:10

Every Hayate season has been different from every other one, and this time is no exception. It's closer to a daily life kind of comedy, at least based on my impressions in the first episode. The Hina OP and focus aren't doing all that much for me (I don't mind Shizuka Itou as a VA, but I've never found Hina all that interesting), but the spotlight shifting and the various EDs seem like a nice idea. The comedy's not as wacky as S1's, but it feels a little more vibrant (and not just in the color palette) than CTMOY, which was mostly concerned with its story. I think I'll end up enjoying this.

madmac 2013-04-08 13:24

Quote:

Every Hayate season has been different from every other one, and this time is no exception. It's closer to a daily life kind of comedy, at least based on my impressions in the first episode. The Hina OP and focus aren't doing all that much for me (I don't mind Shizuka Itou as a VA, but I've never found Hina all that interesting), but the spotlight shifting and the various EDs seem like a nice idea. The comedy's not as wacky as S1's, but it feels a little more vibrant (and not just in the color palette) than CTMOY, which was mostly concerned with its story. I think I'll end up enjoying this.
Yeah, I'm not a huge Hina fan either, but it's fine. Nagi had the spotlight last season and they're giving every character some love in this season.

For those keeping track of that sort of thing, this is technically set after CTMEOY, but everything so far has been pulling from random manga chapters. Definitely expecting an easy going slice of life comedy from Season 4.

I was expecting it to be rather terrible, so I'll take this happily. :)

Silverkite 2013-04-08 13:26

Did they at last bring back Lelouch's father or the voice from the sky that ruined me Code Geass back then?

Or is just random chit chatting?

Midonin 2013-04-08 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverkite (Post 4626864)
Did they at last bring back Lelouch's father or the voice from the sky that ruined me Code Geass back?

Or is just random chit chatting?

Unfortunately, still no sign of Wakamoto. It looks like the world has no need of a narrator.

II Maestro 2013-04-08 14:21

In 1 episode so many things happened. Cuties!

Wandering_Youth 2013-04-08 15:33

Bleh, I skipped the last season and now I have no clue what's going on in this season.

Is it worth watching the previous season? I hear very bad things about it in terms of story and horrendous artwork.

Shinhwa 2013-04-08 16:09

Didn't think they would make the episode based on the New years chapter where they all caught a cold after a long break. lol

Hiroi Sekai 2013-04-08 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth (Post 4626989)
Bleh, I skipped the last season and now I have no clue what's going on in this season.

Is it worth watching the previous season? I hear very bad things about it in terms of story and horrendous artwork.

In my opinion, CTMOY was pretty dreadful. The art direction was poor (massive, awkward heads with some downright horrendous shots; strangely has detailed backdrops) and it tried to be way too serious. Hayate seasons have never truly been conjoined though, so you could do with skipping the last one. But hey, check out the first episode to see if you might like it. Just know that whatever impressions you get in the first episode will probably not change throughout, so cut it if you find it dreary.

As for Cuties...y'know, not bad. Glad to see Manglobe figured out what proportioning was. The comedy was a lot better too; this series needs to follow a more sketch-like setting than be all serious.

Sphire 2013-04-08 17:00

Hmm, that was pretty good. Not really funny, but we get the characters we love, so it's all cool. I'm going to have to start reading the manga again from where I left off though, since it looks like they'll never go back to that (even if they did, it'll probably take a while).

I didn't really mind season 3 aside from the ugly artwork in the first 7 eps and the annoying new character. Season 4 (or 3.2, whichever), has started off much better though. But like others have been saying, it's going to be slice of life-ish without much plot. Which is a shame, but I'll take it.

The cuties thing sounds beyond stupid though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth (Post 4626989)
Bleh, I skipped the last season and now I have no clue what's going on in this season.

Is it worth watching the previous season? I hear very bad things about it in terms of story and horrendous artwork.

Depends if you care about the Hayate story or just want random comedy. The second half of CTMEOY was decent and much better than the first half. While it is anime original stuff, if it becomes canon, it has some juicy plot stuff.

Either way though, I think Cuties happens before CTMEOY if I'm not mistaken. So you don't really need to have watched Season 3. If you haven't read the manga (or the gist of the manga) though, you're going to be confused for both shows.

thundrakkon 2013-04-08 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth (Post 4626989)
Bleh, I skipped the last season and now I have no clue what's going on in this season.

Is it worth watching the previous season? I hear very bad things about it in terms of story and horrendous artwork.

You're not alone. I watched the previous season, and I still have no idea what is going on. Random characters pop up that are not explained and were still not explained in the previous season. Manglobe has done and is still doing a horrible job on this franchise. If not for my previous love of the series, I would not have watched this.

On the bright side, they seemed to have pushed Nagi and her annoying antics to the side, even though they were still annoying enough this episode. Hina and Maria are still showing how awesome they are. I do hope that the series will keep Nagi at a minimum.

As far as art is concerned, the proportions are correct and at least semi-decent so far. However, since this is a first episode, and production companies tend to put more budget in first episodes, I'm concerned that it could turn downhill fast.

As for characters, they have the much talked about but never seen A-Tan suddenly come in as if she is just part of daily life. It's very similar to how Ruka suddenly appeared and had no purpose to the story besides doing random things. As far as adaptations go, Manglobe is not doing a very good job in introducing these characters or any character build-up for that matter. At least they know how to milk the franchise with the Hinagiku focus. That might be the only thing that could possibly save the anime franchise at this point.

Also, why the heck is everyone living inside the apartment? There was absolutely no transition or explanation at all. What happened to the mansion?

Hiroi Sekai 2013-04-08 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundrakkon (Post 4627196)
Why the heck is everyone living inside the apartment? There was absolutely no transition or explanation at all. What happened to the mansion?

It was showcased entirely in CTMOY, so unless you skipped that, it should have transitioned.

Also: Hina x Hayate...

...get married already. Do it. >.>

thundrakkon 2013-04-08 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by papermario13689 (Post 4627267)
It was showcased entirely in CTMOY, so unless you skipped that, it should have transitioned.

Unless I've forgotten something in the confusing CTMEOY, Nagi was still living in the mansion. Now, she is suddenly a permanent resident in the apartment. Still, in CTMEOY, there was no real explanation as to why there was an apartment and why people moved into it.

serenade_beta 2013-04-09 00:52

Ah well, no explanation to anime viewers whatsoever. Don't know why they are living in the building, don't know some of the characters.
So I guess this anime is for manga-viewers only?

...Fine with me. The only reason I tried it out was because there is nothing else today.
Looks like it is time to part ways with the anime (already did with the manga).
☆。.:*:・'゜ヽ( ー`)ノスキ~リ♪

frodonk 2013-04-09 03:54

From what I know CTMEOY was an anime original written by the author. so I wasn't too bothered with them not explaining how all of the main characters (except nagi) came to live in that apartment, or who or what was that singer that all the characters are familiar with. I even watched the OVA before that and also wasn't too bothered with the new character appearing suddenly. (the short haired one who wanted hayate to buy doujinshi this episode)

And now, they suddenly shoved A-tan in without further explanation and suddenly she's acting like she was always there. WTH? I remember the very last scene of season 2 and how the manga readers were soo excited about this character named A-tan who was supposed to be the best character in the manga (and was shown in the last few seconds in the credits) and now she's shown without even any acknowledgement. I also remembered reading something about how hayate developed all these skills before he met nagi because of A-tan, and now you're telling me that she's not even the same age as hayate?

TL;DR

I guess what I'm saying is, this first episode is also confusing even for those who followed all the seasons, and from what I can see it all went downhill after they changed animation studios and released the OVA. goddamit, are they expecting all hayate anime viewers to be manga readers too?

lol. as with everyone else, I am also waiting for the day when wakamoto finally narrates something again.

NoemiChan 2013-04-09 03:58

By the look of how few post in this thread has.... I could temporarily say... the series ain't doing good... bye!

-Sho- 2013-04-09 04:49

Ok , i don't know wth is going in on with this anime , dunno wth the director is doing with it.
I liked the season 1 & 2 but then it suddenly became crappy as hell.
Care to explain the current event will you director ?

So i guess , it's times the say goodbye for this series , such a shame and it lost more and more popularity.

maelstormCaT 2013-04-09 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 4627953)
Ok , i don't know wth is going in on with this anime , dunno wth the director is doing with it.
I liked the season 1 & 2 but then it suddenly became crappy as hell.
Care to explain the current event will you director ?

So i guess , it's times the say goodbye for this series , such a shame and it lost more and more popularity.

I guess they can't be bothered to animate the 100+ chapter or so and just went straight to after Nagi lost her inheritance and move to the apartment.
If you wanna know what happens in between, you should just read the manga. The series is still going strong in Japan after all, so the massive time skip wont be a problem for the Japanese.

heck, as someone who read the manga (ALL OF THEM) I found the anime to be very good. I've been looking forward to see the apartment life get animated and they actually did it.

so yeah, I like the episode.

Valin 2013-04-09 05:44

But....But... The Athena arc.... :(

NoemiChan 2013-04-09 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by maelstormCaT (Post 4627963)
I guess they can't be bothered to animate the 100+ chapter or so and just went straight to after Nagi lost her inheritance and move to the apartment.
If you wanna know what happens in between, you should just read the manga. The series is still going strong in Japan after all, so the massive time skip wont be a problem for the Japanese.

heck, as someone who read the manga (ALL OF THEM) I found the anime to be very good. I've been looking forward to see the apartment life get animated and they actually did it.

so yeah, I like the episode.

I'm complaining more on the animation rather than the script...:heh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.