AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Sequel (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119004)

cyberdemon 2013-04-17 11:18

Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past Sequel
 
Good news everyone

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/17/423...o-nintendo-3ds

Sumeragi 2013-04-17 11:20

I hope everything fits within the timeline.

cyberdemon 2013-04-17 11:24

I wonder if they are going to re-release A Link to the Past as well. Right now it's on some old systems so many probably haven't played it. It would make sense to release it again. It was the first Zelda game I can remember playing so I look forward to it.

SOGESNAKE 2013-04-17 11:27

^ I'd assume they'd atleast release it on eShop for this generation's kids. :heh:

Kyero Fox 2013-04-17 12:08

Hmmm I guess I was wrong about the next Zelda game coming for WiiU2

cyberdemon 2013-04-17 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyero Fox (Post 4640751)
Hmmm I guess I was wrong about the next Zelda game coming for WiiU2

Well there is a Wind Waker remake coming out for that as well

Shadow5YA 2013-04-17 12:12

That article is very suspicious, specifically this part:

Quote:

Originally Posted by polygon.com
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2, as the game is titled in Japan, will be released sometime this holiday in North America and next year in Japan.

We're getting the game before Japan? What?

Knight Hawk 2013-04-17 12:25

It's the real deal.


Shadow5YA 2013-04-17 12:31

The release date is questionable though.

Rising Dragon 2013-04-17 12:38

In another link I read, it's a preview video that we're supposed to get first.

King-Slayer 2013-04-17 13:47

I'm kinda disappointed in that its a sequel to ALTTP. Also disappointed that its top-down. I like top-down but was hoping for an actual 3d look. Maybe next time I guess.

Folenfant 2013-04-17 14:49

I just hope they can recapture that games awesome soundtrack. To this day that games title sequence gives me goosebumps.



See it did it again:twitch:

Actually now that i think about it most of the key themes of the franchise started with this game like Ganondorfs theme, the lost woods, Zeldas lullaby to name a few.

Kaisos Erranon 2013-04-17 15:10

Hurrr shitty no-effort cash-in 3D on 3DS, confirmed for shit, nothing to see here.
Seriously though, this looks like it could be really interesting. I nearly fell off the couch when he went through the window.
Anyone who doesn't like this sort of thing needs to take a long look at themselves and the kind of person they've allowed themselves to become. :heh:

marvelB 2013-04-17 16:37

3D effects or not, I still say that THIS is more like it! Now don't get me wrong, Ocarina and its offshoots are fine games and all, but there's just a certain magic that the older top-down Zelda games had that I felt the more contemporary ones lacked, y'know? So I'm definitely looking forward to this one. :)



And while I know it's even more unlikely, I hope Nintendo makes another sidescrolling Zelda game similar to Adventure of Link, high difficulty and all. ;)

Blackbeard D. Kuma 2013-04-21 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4640996)
And while I know it's even more unlikely, I hope Nintendo makes another sidescrolling Zelda game similar to Adventure of Link, high difficulty and all. ;)

You're one of the few I know that appreciates Adventure of Link. I loved Zelda 2 as a kid, because of its technical gameplay mechanics and challenge.

The painting/artwork gimmick sounds interesting in this upcoming title.

JohnNiles 2013-04-21 07:28

I love top-down. And that flat Link looks wack. :) Tried a 3-D Zelda game (Ocarina), can't really aim/navigate properly.

Zelda 2 was great too, though that final dungeon gave me fits and I usually never replayed that part.

Xagzan 2013-04-21 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 4640996)
3D effects or not, I still say that THIS is more like it! Now don't get me wrong, Ocarina and its offshoots are fine games and all, but there's just a certain magic that the older top-down Zelda games had that I felt the more contemporary ones lacked, y'know? So I'm definitely looking forward to this one. :)



And while I know it's even more unlikely, I hope Nintendo makes another sidescrolling Zelda game similar to Adventure of Link, high difficulty and all. ;)

What offshoot has OoT had besides MM? :confused:

cyberdemon 2013-04-21 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 4646565)
What offshoot has OoT had besides MM? :confused:

They actually have an official timeline released of when each game takes place

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-cont...8/timeline.jpg

Spoiler for timeline explanation:

Xagzan 2013-04-21 12:56

No, I know all of that. I thought you meant offshoots in terms of gameplay and/or world.

I'm not sure what story has to do with top-down Zeldas though. I mean, there have been plenty of top-down games since Ocarina, but I would not define any of them as Ocarina offshoots because they play completely differently and don't even share the same Hyrule or Link.

cyberdemon 2013-04-21 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xagzan (Post 4646918)
No, I know all of that. I thought you meant offshoots in terms of gameplay and/or world.

I'm not sure what story has to do with top-down Zeldas though. I mean, there have been plenty of top-down games since Ocarina, but I would not define any of them as Ocarina offshoots because they play completely differently and don't even share the same Hyrule or Link.

well besides Majora's Mask. Windwaker, Twilight Princess, and A Link to the Past as the closest you'll get to offshoots at the moment since those 3 are directly affected by what went on in Ocarina of Time even if the Link is different.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.