AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Outbreak Company ~Moeru Shinryakusha~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119167)

MisaoFan 2013-04-24 11:37

Outbreak Company ~Moeru Shinryakusha~

http://i.imgur.com/3hAJkTi.jpg

Quote:

Original creator: Ichiro Sakaki
Original Character Design: Yuugen
Plot summary: The story centers around Shinichi Kano, a "thoroughbred class" otaku with a light novelist father and an erotic game artist mother. He has no special talents except for his vast knowledge, opinions, and insight on moe.

Despite this, the Japanese government assigns Shinichi as a "moe" evangelist to the Holy Eldant Empire, a parallel world with an entrance through a thick forest of trees in the Mount Fuji area. In this fantasy world where dragons soar the skies, Shinichi forms a deep friendship with the half-elf maid girl Myuseru and the beautiful young empress Petoraru. Even as he deals with the threats of war between different factions, he worries that he himself is an invader (shinryakusha) to this wondrous land.

Production Note: Sakaki launched the light novel series with illustrations by Yuugen in 2011, and Kodansha will publish the sixth volume on May 2. Kiri Kajiya began drawing a manga adaptation in Kodansha's good! Afternoon magazine last November.
Looks interesting, premise sounds a bit ridiculous but it's a must watch to me. Plus the artwork was great in every aspects so that's another reason for me to enjoy.

Midonin 2013-04-24 11:37

From the author of Magician's Academy, you say? I don't know it it'll be able to top that, but that alone makes it worth a shot.

leokiko 2013-04-24 12:13

Convoluted plot + girls that fall easily for the nice guy attitude of the main character?

Well, I'm all for cute girls, but this will be crap.

Drkz 2013-04-24 13:49

http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2013/04/o...hstyle-001.jpg

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!

Reckoner 2013-04-24 16:01

This looks positively awful. Only in light novel adaptions do you consistently find plots as preposterous and self-masturbatory as this. Dropped before even watching.

NoemiChan 2013-04-24 17:11

Will try an episode... but probably not worth keeping on my archives.....

Weak protagonist doesn't deserve a harem....

backbone 2013-04-24 18:43

Spoiler for Not sure this is spoiler or not:

Currently the chinese translation of this LN is up to volume 3, but i won't bother to read further

sky black swordman 2013-04-24 19:33

I will check this out, if only for the character designs.

Midonin 2013-05-24 17:06

Website is go.

If it's appearing now, I'd wager this might be slated for a fall release. (Though nothing's been formally stated yet.)

MisaoFan 2013-05-25 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4695535)
Website is go.

If it's appearing now, I'd wager this might be slated for a fall release. (Though nothing's been formally stated yet.)

Sounds great! Since it's a TBS title, I have higher hopes for this than the second season of IS, and I wonder if which are they gonna animating it (I'm hoping the anime designs to be faithful and capture the superb essence that is Yuugen, but I'm still doubting it).

MisaoFan 2013-06-10 07:03

Unfortunately, according to a particular site, the original author won't participate in the anime's writting composition.

MisaoFan 2013-07-08 13:10

The staff is revealed:

Director: Kei Oikawa
Series Script Supervisor: Naruhisa Arakawa
Character Designer: Takashi Mamezuka
Main Animators: Kuniaki Masuda, Yumi Shimizu, Kosuke Murayama, Masakazu Yamazaki
Color Design: Hiroshi Iwaita
Art Director: Yuki Ikenoue
Director of Photography: Yuuta Nakamura
Editing: Daisuke Hiraki
Sound Director: Takahiro Enomoto
Music: Keiji Inai
Music Production: Pony Canyon
Animation Production: feel.

Also, some visual sketchs

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

blackwhite67 2013-07-08 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4695535)
Website is go.

Fall release confirmed. Somehow I find myself expecting something similar to Maouyuu.

mangatron 2013-07-10 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drkz (Post 4651506)
http://dalian.7thstyle.com/2013/04/o...hstyle-001.jpg

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!

She has a gun! :love: What is she going to do with that gun? The only thing she can do with it is shoot me :heh:

I don't know about everyone, but I like the idea of a human going to another world,....well, it might be because I need more Dog Days :heh:, but she's a maid! With a gun! How bad can that be :heh:

HauntingShock 2013-07-11 07:16

Character Designs

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Sheba 2013-07-11 08:24

Ah yaaaee, the Yuuji Everyman, the meido and mandatory flat-chested girl.

Reek of Blood 2013-07-11 10:14

Probably won't watch this. Harems with weak lead have gotten dull since ancient time, and the premise rubs me in a totally wrong way

MisaoFan 2013-07-11 14:16

I just don't get why the premise has a bit of negative reception (I'm very used to ridiculous summaries like this one), but I was totally looking forward to watch it since it's on my most anticipated fall watch list, and I hope the first episode will be good enough to break viewers' expectations. Also, I can't wait to see anime references and war of invasion inserted into the story!

neshru 2013-07-12 20:34

Lol at the plot.
This series seems to sum up everything that is wrong with anime.

backbone 2013-07-17 17:09

For people who complain about the premise of this series, i would suggest you to give this show a try first. Because, well, while the premise won't grab your interest, the jokes probably will. The fanservices are also very tame and if you're a sucker for moe/cute girls, then this show is for you.

My only reason for dropping this LN is because random jokes simply don't work for me, and, like Reek of Blood, i dislike weak harem MC.