AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - The Titans - NO SPOILERS (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119193)

Solace 2013-04-25 13:44

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - The Titans - NO SPOILERS

By request, a discussion thread for the Titans. What are they? Where did they come from? Why are they naked? Thrilling discussion to be had by all, surely.

Keep this thread spoiler free. No hints, suggestions, or implications. No manga discussion, except when comparing events that have already happened in the anime.

Enjoy!

backbone 2013-04-25 21:50

Firstly, i just don't get why some people on MAL and ANN forum referring Titan who ate Eren's mother as "Female Titan". Does the concept of gender even exist for them? They all just look the same for me (sans the colossal and armored type), and it's not like we have to flip their skirt and look what's inside to know that

Raviel 2013-04-26 00:48

It's understandable that they would refer to the Titan as such considering the hair and overall facial structure of that Titan was pretty effeminate. Without any sexual organs to differentiate them I guess it's only natural people would come to that conclusion regardless of whether or not biological sex even applies to Titans.

Haiprbim 2013-04-26 04:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 4653066)
By request, a discussion thread for the Titans. What are they? Where did they come from? Why are they naked? Thrilling discussion to be had by all, surely.

They are pure flesh which just releases pure force attacks.
Practically, they are huge killing chunks, and you do not need cloathes for that. :heh:

NoemiChan 2013-04-26 05:10

Quote:

Firstly, i just don't get why some people on MAL and ANN forum referring Titan who ate Eren's mother as "Female Titan".
I say its Male.. coz if its female... we'll see a lot of "lighting" and "smoke" around her private parts... and that's censorship....

Endless Soul 2013-04-26 15:53

I see a lot of smaller Titans. Could these be "children", or are they simply dwarf Titans (talk about oxymorons!)?

Also, that one Titan who seems to be grabbing his own head in pain sure gets around a lot in Episode 2.

Endless "Not a Titan" Soul

Metalsnakezero 2013-04-26 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Soul (Post 4654954)
I see a lot of smaller Titans. Could these be "children", or are they simply dwarf Titans (talk about oxymorons!)?

Well we learn that titans don't have sexual organs so they can't reproduce. I wonder it they are plant like because they get energy from the sun and can heal themselves.

King Lycan 2013-04-28 18:59

So why do they look so much like humans ?

Randrak42 2013-04-28 19:01

Uncanny Valley effect.

Haiprbim 2013-04-29 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalsnakezero (Post 4655145)
Well we learn that titans don't have sexual organs so they can't reproduce. I wonder it they are plant like because they get energy from the sun and can heal themselves.

This made me laugh big time. :heh:
But you do have a point, maybe they split into two or more smaller Titans and then later grow bigger again by gaining more cells.
Interesting.

Endless Soul 2013-04-29 21:35

So...if humanity was behind the walls for 100 years, what were the Titans eating during that time, other than the occasional Scouting Legion member?

backbone 2013-04-29 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haiprbim (Post 4659043)
This made me laugh big time. :heh:
But you do have a point, maybe they split into two or more smaller Titans and then later grow bigger again by gaining more cells.
Interesting.

Wait, are you referring to how ameba reproduce:heh:? It would be terrifying to see them while doing so:heh:

Haiprbim 2013-04-30 01:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by backbone (Post 4659328)
Wait, are you referring to how ameba reproduce:heh:? It would be terrifying to see them while doing so:heh:

Well, you see, one of the genres is Horror, so everything should be expected. xD

Raviel 2013-05-01 06:00

@Haipirbm

Better delete that before the mods see it, spoilers (whether tagged or not) aren't allowed in here.

Haiprbim 2013-05-01 07:17

Done and done.
I just really wanted to point that out, but rules come first.

NoemiChan 2013-05-01 08:10

Blame the author.... he made the existence of Titans complicated...

Randrak42 2013-05-01 09:24

Actually...we haven't really seen a female titan in the anime yet, I believe.

Destined_Fate 2013-05-01 09:31

No, we haven't...

The Titans all look like they're missing reproductive parts so that makes me wonder how they managed to have a bunch of them spring up in the first place without anyone's notice.

The strange dream Eren had about his father than waking up with the Key even though his father had it when he left was quite confusing.

chaos_alfa 2013-05-01 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randrak42 (Post 4661123)
Actually...we haven't really seen a female titan in the anime yet, I believe.

I think the one who ate Eren's mom was one. She had more curves and was less bulky than the other titans.

Randrak42 2013-05-01 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaos_alfa (Post 4661184)
I think the one who ate Eren's mom was one. She had more curves and was less bulky than the other titans.

No, it was male...just had long hair and was less bulkier.