AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Animes that made you cry...like a friggin baby (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119277)

miroku2192 2013-04-30 19:15

Animes that made you cry...like a friggin baby
 
Recommendations for animes that made you cry and shed a few manly tears?

I've seen, and enjoyed:

Madoka Magica, Clannad + Clannad Season 2 (Episode 20 or 21 w/e it was made me CRYYYYY), Canon (or was it Kanon? 2006 or something), Air, Code Geass...

I'm having a hard time remembering the rest I think.

Anyway, any super touching animes out there? Please label them as Good Crying and Sad Crying without spoiling me too much, though I suppose labeling it is in itself a major spoiler.

For example, I would label Clannad as Good Crying, Kanon as 90% Good Crying. Anything where everyone starts dying and you wish that person didn't have to die would = Sad crying :\.

Oh i've also seen Ano Hana

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2013-04-30 19:33

Sad crying: Saikano, Wolf's Rain, Ayashi no Ceres, KGNE, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, Casshern Sins, Grave of Fireflies, X/1999 and Shin Hakkenden.

Good crying: Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Angel Beats, Cardcaptor Sakura (there are a number of scenes that really warm the heart)

I am not sure whether I should include Shin Hakkenden, because I watched it on AXN almost 10 years ago and I have been searching for it ever since then, but to no avail. Well, this anime is not very popular to begin with....

miroku2192 2013-04-30 19:47

Of those I've seen Ayashi no Ceres and Angel Beats. Great series.

As for cardcaptor sakura...i remember seeing that on cartoon network or something when I was a kid...is that not a kid's show? I do remember seeing somewhere as I got older that the "american" version was very different/heavily edited compared to that of the Japanese version. I always thought it was a series for little girls :O. Please let me know if I"m wrong haha

p.s. - thank you for the recommendations!

edit:
Also when I typed in KGNE to myanimelist nothing came up, would you mind letting me know what KGNE stands for? Thanks again :)!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2013-04-30 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by miroku2192 (Post 4660407)
Of those I've seen Ayashi no Ceres and Angel Beats. Great series.

As for cardcaptor sakura...i remember seeing that on cartoon network or something when I was a kid...is that not a kid's show? I do remember seeing somewhere as I got older that the "american" version was very different/heavily edited compared to that of the Japanese version. I always thought it was a series for little girls :O. Please let me know if I"m wrong haha

p.s. - thank you for the recommendations!

The American version of CCS is ridiculous. The story is completely butchered. Here's a link that explains the differences between the two versions.

http://kss.mysticalaura.com/tv/main.php?page=tvdiff

I can't completely deny that CCS is targeted towards young girls, but I thought that certain issues such as death, grief and reincarnation are addressed very maturely. More than that, almost all the characters undergo character development. The ending is one of the best anime endings; all the hints that appear throughout the anime are pieced together in a surprising and unexpected ending. There is more depth in this anime than what it initially appears to offer, so don't be fooled by the magical girl genre.

KGNE-Kimi ga nozomu eien

miroku2192 2013-04-30 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4660412)
The American version of CCS is ridiculous. The story is completely butchered. Here's a link that explains the differences between the two versions.

http://kss.mysticalaura.com/tv/main.php?page=tvdiff

I can't completely deny that CCS is targeted towards young girls, but I thought that certain issues such as death, grief and reincarnation are addressed very maturely. More than that, almost all the characters undergo character development. The ending is one of the best anime endings; all the hints that appear throughout the anime are pieced together in a surprising and unexpected ending. There is more depth in this anime than what it initially appears to offer, so don't be fooled by the magical girl genre.

KGNE-Kimi ga nozomu eien

Thank you for the clarifications!

Jan-Poo 2013-04-30 20:29

I suggest ef both series, I'd say it's "good crying" by your definition.

miroku2192 2013-04-30 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 4660450)
I suggest ef both series, I'd say it's "good crying" by your definition.

if memory serves me correct that was something like ef tales of memories and tales of melodies or something like that right?

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2013-04-30 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by miroku2192 (Post 4660462)
if memory serves me correct that was something like ef tales of memories and tales of melodies or something like that right?

Yup, memories(Season 1) and melodies (Season 2). If you are not used to Shaft's brand of animation, you might find this anime a bit on the unconventional side (in terms of animation). Each season focus on different couples.

Konakaga 2013-04-30 21:57

I'd highly suggest Little Busters for mostly good crying (same source material creators as Clannad/Kanon/Air).

And maybe Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo for good crying (it got me to anyways in the latter part of the series).

MatasOniiChan 2013-04-30 23:51

5 Centimeters per Second.

ice4sale 2013-05-01 03:59

Reading This made me Remember those times I cried While Watching These shows.
Specially Clannad, (My Most unforgettable line in that show is when Akio said these "It is a parents dream to see their children's Dream coming true." Something like this.)

Zalis 2013-05-09 00:45

I don't know what else you might have seen, so I'll shotgun blast a bunch and hope a few of them stick.

Good Crying (happy, inspirational) : Angelic Layer, Kaleido Star, ARIA the Animation and its sequels, Love Hina (a few eps anyway), Azumanga Daioh, Mushi-Shi,

Mixture of Good/Sad: Fruits Basket, A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, Kurau Phantom Memory, Shinigami's Ballad, Zettai Shounen, Starship Operators (last ep), Popotan, Da Capo franchise, Aishiteru ze Baby, Scrapped Princess, Solty Rei

Laughing through the tears: Excel Saga (wish I could think of more like this)

Sad: Chrono Crusade, Figure 17, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Lucky Star (just ep 22), Mahoromatic (especially the penultimate episode), Now & Then Here & There, Pita Ten, RahXephon (only and I mean ONLY ep 19), Haibane Renmei, Kokoro Connect, Pretear, Rozen Maiden, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 version -- 2009 didn't do as much for me), Arc the Lad (mainly ep 13), Someday's Dreamers II

MANLY TEARS: Samurai 7, Vandread, Gurren Lagann, Strike Witches, Vividred Operation, G Gundam, Pretty Cure Splash Star, Heartcatch Pretty Cure, Nanoha franchise, Scryed

DuelGundam2099 2013-05-09 15:52

For this I'd recommend Tokyo Godfathers and it is of the mixed variety, depressing tale, but surprisingly happy ending.
Quote:

Madoka Magica
Code Geass
Casshern Sins
Grave of Fireflies
X/1999
Cardcaptor Sakura
Pretear
Fullmetal Alchemist
RahXephon
Gurren Lagann
Vividred Operation
G Gundam
Nanoha
Strange, I never found a single one of these remotely sad (and I'm a guy with morbid depression issues that hasn't been happy in years).

Xarvi 2013-05-10 07:33

Here's a collection I made in this forum a few months ago, only tear-jerkers (IMO). Check through the list, i'm sure you'll find something! Most of the animes in my list probably has some sort of romance, or something that makes you grow very attached of the characters. Clannad and the other Key animes are like the mothership of all tear jerkers, so it's hard to find something that are quite as good those, but every anime on my list have at some point during the anime made me cry, some more than others of course.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=116182


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.