AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   High School DxD - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120597)

Kairin 2013-07-11 09:59

High School DxD - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion
 
The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of High School DxD. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

  • Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.

greensoulreaper 2013-07-13 13:52

They could not have picked a better cast. Especially for the king and queen of the Gremory group. Yoko Hikasa as Rias? Perfect. Shizuka Itou as Akeno? Sold. Those two voice actresses are particularly good at doing a lot of onee-san(big-sister)/ council president/ buchou type roles.

Mazryonh 2013-07-14 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by greensoulreaper (Post 4757467)
Yoko Hikasa as Rias? Perfect. Shizuka Itou as Akeno? Sold. Those two voice actresses are particularly good at doing a lot of onee-san(big-sister)/ council president/ buchou type roles.

How many shows have those two worked on together thus far?

Shizuka Itou is still one of my favourite seiyuus around. Some might take issue with how she's had a lot of practice with her "bedroom" voice in eroge, but that just means she's that much better at it.

sky black swordman 2013-07-14 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by greensoulreaper (Post 4757467)
They could not have picked a better cast. Especially for the king and queen of the Gremory group. Yoko Hikasa as Rias? Perfect. Shizuka Itou as Akeno? Sold. Those two voice actresses are particularly good at doing a lot of onee-san(big-sister)/ council president/ buchou type roles.

I agree, it's kind of hard to believe that some people felt that, Shizuka Itou, should have been casted Rias and Yoko Hikasa as Akeno. Although, I could see them doing a great job as those characters VAs as well.:heh:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 4758951)
How many shows have those two worked on together thus far?

Shizuka Itou is still one of my favourite seiyuus around. Some might take issue with how she's had a lot of practice with her "bedroom" voice in eroge, but that just means she's that much better at it.

Off the top of my head, Hayate, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao, Ro Kyu Bu!, Working !!, Majestic Prince, and High School DxD.

greensoulreaper 2013-07-15 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 4758951)
How many shows have those two worked on together thus far?

Shizuka Itou is still one of my favourite seiyuus around. Some might take issue with how she's had a lot of practice with her "bedroom" voice in eroge, but that just means she's that much better at it.

Hikasa & Itou have been on a couple of shows together, and on a few I probably don't know about. Without a doubt they'll be doing more together in the future, since I think they're among the more popular/well known seiyuus out there, and a lot of characters they play are pretty well liked.

:D Suddenly I remember Tamaki Kousaka & Christiane Friedrich. But yeah, that makes Itou perfect for Akeno, in my opinion.



Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4759147)
I agree, it's kind of hard to believe that some people felt that, Shizuka Itou, should have been casted Rias and Yoko Hikasa as Akeno. Although, I could see them doing a great job as those characters VAs as well.:heh:

I could see why some would feel that way, but I agree with you that it could go either way. :) However though, I think the current casting is good because Hikasa is good at doing pouty demeanors(check Emi Yusa & Houki), which Rias can be sometimes, and Itou could naturally give her characters a seductive charm, which Akeno always has. But..as I said before, both seiyuus are really good at what they do regardless.:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4759147)
Off the top of my head, Hayate, Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao, Ro Kyu Bu!, Working !!, Majestic Prince, and High School DxD.

HnG - Hinagiku is probably one of my favorites and one of the first few roles I heard Shizuka Itou play. Other roles I remember her from - Amagami (Haruka was so upbeat and fun), ToHeart2, Beelzebub, Hatsukoi Limited, Shakugan no Shana, Toaru Majutsu no Index, Majikoi, and various JRPGs believe it or not. XD

Mazryonh 2013-07-15 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky black swordman (Post 4759147)
I agree, it's kind of hard to believe that some people felt that, Shizuka Itou, should have been casted Rias and Yoko Hikasa as Akeno. Although, I could see them doing a great job as those characters VAs as well.:heh:

Yeah, I would have like to have heard how Shizuka Itou would have done Houki from Infinite Stratos myself. But there was no stopping the "K-ON!" fan wave, so Youko Hikasa got it instead, even though Itou has had a lot of practice with her tsundere routine.

Shizuka Itou is at least more used to doing fanservice shows and making (censored) noises (which shows like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimao and Highschool DxD skirt the edge of). I wonder if she mentored Youko Hikasa on this for Hikasa's own fanservice roles. Oh well, it's nice to see their characters have plenty of interaction, because that means they are also likely to interact in the studio. I'd love to hear them on a radio show or see them interact in a video promo--you don't see them interact very much in shows like Working!! or Hayate no Gotoku.

Another side of Shizuka Itou's abilities is her "deliciously cold" side. This was most recently seen in Haruka's bad ending in the Amagami game to my knowledge, but it's something I'd also like to see in a more recent series.

greensoulreaper 2013-07-15 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 4759904)
Another side of Shizuka Itou's abilities is her "deliciously cold" side. This was most recently seen in Haruka's bad ending in the Amagami game to my knowledge, but it's something I'd also like to see in a more recent series.

I remember she played a bit of that in Beelzebub as Hilda, and to a certain extent; Kanzaki Kaori in Toaru Majutsu no Index.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:57.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.