AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121085)

SOGESNAKE 2013-07-22 20:22

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
 

Quote:

X-Men: Days of Future Past is an upcoming American superhero film co-written, produced and directed by Bryan Singer and featuring the X-Men characters appearing in Marvel Comics. It is intended to be the seventh installment in the X-Men film series. The screenplay is written by Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn, and Jane Goldman, with Singer writing the story. The film is based on the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline "Days of Future Past" by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. It is the third X-Men film directed by Singer after 2000's X-Men and 2003's X2.

The cast features characters from the original trilogy of X-Men films and the prequel X-Men: First Class.

Hugh Jackman as Logan / Wolverine
James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier / Professor X
Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen as Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkhölme/Mystique
Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy / Beast
Anna Paquin as Marie / Rogue
Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake / Iceman
Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde
Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask
Omar Sy as Bishop
Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe / Storm
Daniel Cudmore as Peter Rasputin / Colossus
Fan Bingbing as Blink
Adan Canto as Sunspot
Evan Peters as Quicksilver
Josh Helman as William Stryker
Lucas Till as Alex Summers / Havok

BooBoo Stewart has also been cast in an unknown role. X-Men character, Warpath will also be appearing in the film

X-Men: Days of Future Past is scheduled to be released on May 23, 2014.
Alittle surprised nobody has posted anything on this yet. I guess this movie is how their getting around killing off alot of the more important characters in X-3 eh...? Though I'm glad to see some of the original actors from the first films returning (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin), there are some of them (Halle Berry, Daniel Cudmore) I didn't particularly like in those films... It's also rumored that James Marsden will be returning as Cyclops, but there's still no concrete word on that. I should also point out that apparantly the pre-credits scene for The Wolverine will be teasing this film.

All in all... though I didn't really like X-3, I really did enjoy X-Men: First Class, so I personally can look forward to this~ :D

Kyouka 2013-07-22 20:32

can not wait =D

KiraYamatoFan 2013-07-22 20:33

X-Men: First Class and the first 2 X-men movies by Bryan Singer were great. I also didn't like X3 either, probably because Singer wasn't the director with his own ideas/input.

If Singer's on board as a director, I will certainly watch this.

Kyouka 2013-07-22 20:35

xmen first class was my favorite xmen movie out of the 5 they made so far

Kirito 2013-07-22 21:35

As doubtful and hateful as I am of Hollywood, I do admit that I truly enjoyed the X-men films. Since I'm a big fan of Marvel and I do love the X-Men, I'll be preparing for the day when this gets released and I will take a break from my anime loving life - Just this once!

Glad to see the original cast returning. Hope to see Cable, but I think that'll probably be unlikely. Oh well, a fan can hope right?:eyespin:

Master_Yoma 2013-07-22 22:26

Anther X-men movie what dose this make it 10 or 20 :p

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2013-07-22 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Yoma (Post 4767832)
Anther X-men movie what dose this make it 10 or 20 :p

It bears repeating that Spiderman and X-men will have sequels for as long as they want to keep the rights off Marvel's hands. So don't be surprised if we end up with 40 movies.

jdennis007 2013-07-23 06:13

Be prepared for a lot of fanboy rage with this one. If they can pull it off it could be epic, if not then we will see.

Elo the Blue 2013-07-23 07:18

I'll be surprised if they can top First Class but this should be pretty good.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-07-23 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elo the Blue (Post 4768195)
I'll be surprised if they can top First Class but this should be pretty good.

As much as I like First Class' story, the action could’ve been a lot better. Beside the “Eric slaughtering those men at the bar” and “lifting the sub” scenes, I find other action-pieces in it hardly memorable. That’s something they could learn from TDK and Fox’s own X-Men 2: make impressive and memorable action-pieces.

Elo the Blue 2013-07-23 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4768204)
As much as I like First Class' story, the action could’ve been a lot better. Beside the “Eric slaughtering those men at the bar” and “lifting the sub” scenes, I find other action-pieces in it hardly memorable. That’s something they could learn from TDK and Fox’s own X-Men 2: make impressive and memorable action-pieces.

I thought the battle at Division X and final showdown were memorable. Agreed that TDK and X2's action sequences were certainly better overall though.

GDB 2013-07-23 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4767729)
Alittle surprised nobody has posted anything on this yet. I guess this movie is how their getting around killing off alot of the more important characters in X-3 eh...? Though I'm glad to see some of the original actors from the first films returning (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin), there are some of them (Halle Berry, Daniel Cudmore) I didn't particularly like in those films... It's also rumored that James Marsden will be returning as Cyclops, but there's still no concrete word on that. I should also point out that apparantly the pre-credits scene for The Wolverine will be teasing this film.

All in all... though I didn't really like X-3, I really did enjoy X-Men: First Class, so I personally can look forward to this~ :D

Rumor has it that X-3 may get retconned out of existence by this movie. Not sure about X-2.

james0246 2013-07-23 08:42

Great posters. I don't know if they are official or not, but they're still great...

GDB 2013-07-23 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4768272)
Great posters. I don't know if they are official or not, but they're still great...

They look like they're probably covers to Entertainment Weekly. I prefer the other posters, where it shows the left half being the "young" side with a normal NY background, and the right side being the "old" side with a battle-torn NY background. There was one for Wolverine and one for Magneto that I saw somewhere.

SOGESNAKE 2013-07-23 17:28

^ I assume you mean these ones...?



I had considered them, but then I figured I'd use those Magazine covers until we get an "official image", which'll probably be after The Wolverine.... though, I was VERY tempted to use this remake of the old comic book cover...


GDB 2013-07-23 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 4768617)
^ I assume you mean these ones...?

Yes, though I hadn't seen Professor X's before.

Quote:

though, I was VERY tempted to use this remake of the old comic book cover...
Gotta update the Sentinel, since we got an image (kind of) from ComicCon.

Masuzu 2013-07-28 03:30

While I liked First Class, The Wolverine is a bad omen...

SOGESNAKE 2013-07-28 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasumi (Post 4773344)
While I liked First Class, The Wolverine is a bad omen...

I DID see The Wolverine... and while it WAS better than X-Men: Origins (though, I was too busy raging at Ryan Reynolds to pay too much attention to the movie), I will admit that I came out of the movie still liking First Class better.

But my point being, The Wolverine wasn't all that bad... :heh:

Masuzu 2013-07-28 03:44

I don't know, I thought it was really 'okay'.

anime fan99 2013-07-28 03:56

i did not like any of them

123 Was all Wolverine movies


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.