AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 5.5 (recap) Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121321)

Kairin 2013-08-10 00:04

Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 5.5 (recap) Discussion / Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Monogatari Series Second Season, Episode 5.5 (recap).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Haiprbim 2013-08-10 03:00

I'm not really a big fan of Recaps, but seeing that Bakemonogatari already had it, it was to be expected.
Well, it's only natural for a full-season of "mind blowing presentation" seinen. :heh:

omimon 2013-08-10 10:17

So this episode is essentially Kuro....

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-08-10 13:09

Was it even worth watching?

teja208 2013-08-10 19:00

I don't think this is worth anything it if you already watched NekoKuro, but I wonder, is this is this how it's supposed to be had NekoKuro never made into an ova or Shaft is missing their deadline again so they decided to give us this stock episode for this week instead.

relentlessflame 2013-08-10 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by teja208 (Post 4789349)
I wonder, is this is this how it's supposed to be had NekoKuro never made into an ova or Shaft is missing their deadline again so they decided to give us this stock episode for this week instead.

If you want my guess... I suspect that there will be 4 of these recap episodes, one in between every arc. (This episode was "Highlights I", and had a to be continued for "Highlights II".)

Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2013-08-11 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4789442)
(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)

Agreed. It is unusual to have that many recaps, but once you realise we are dealing with Shaft here, it makes perfect sense.:heh:

ultimate_noob 2013-08-11 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly (Post 4789038)
Was it even worth watching?

If you want to see how they rehash some scenes on the bluray, I think it is worth the fun.

I remember in the TV broadcast the school ruins were painted with yellow pillars and brighter effects and this and the bluray version has red pillars and darker tones.

Crimson7 2013-08-11 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4789442)
Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

What story do you guys think won't make it to the anime? Also, is there any particular reason that it won't be included?

omimon 2013-08-11 09:11

I'll be really piss if the arcs don't get at least 5 episodes. It just won't do it justice.

teja208 2013-08-11 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson7 (Post 4790017)
What story do you guys think won't make it to the anime? Also, is there any particular reason that it won't be included?

It was officially announced after a couple of weeks into the 2nd Season that Hanamonogatari: Suruga Devil will be skipped. It was discussed in the News and Speculation thread. It's not as bad as it sounds since 2nd Season novels doesn't follow the chronological order anyway.
Quote:

Originally Posted by omimon (Post 4790031)
I'll be really piss if the arcs don't get at least 5 episodes. It just won't do it justice.

I agreed, even though I didn't read the novel.

gopackgo 2013-08-11 18:49

i hate recap episodes, we wait all week for a new episode and then we find out it's not new

Daniel Lind 2013-08-12 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopackgo (Post 4790514)
i hate recap episodes, we wait all week for a new episode and then we find out it's not new

We've known about this for over a week...

gopackgo 2013-08-12 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Lind (Post 4790879)
We've known about this for over a week...

I had no clue, I don't watch anything past the credits just in case it spoils something

Daniel Lind 2013-08-12 02:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopackgo (Post 4790883)
I had no clue, I don't watch anything past the credits just in case it spoils something

It was in Part A, the scrolling text, Monogatari series do not feature previews on TV.
I guess fansubbers did not bother to sub that but then again, it's been all over this forum so uh, your lack of research isn't a reason to blame the publishers.

zato_1one 2013-08-12 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4789442)
If you want my guess... I suspect that there will be 4 of these recap episodes, one in between every arc. (This episode was "Highlights I", and had a to be continued for "Highlights II".)

Originally the second season was going to be a two-cour series that covered six stories, but then they announced that one of the six stories would not air on TV. So I think all they did is replaced that not-airing arc with these four recap episodes spread throughout, thus buying themselves a bit more time to complete each arc. And it'd basically suggest that most of the remaining arcs will be 4 episodes long, rather than 5 as had been previously speculated.

(This theory makes sense to me because the decision to not air one of the arcs seemed to be made suddenly, and by that point they would have already done all the story planning for the anime assuming they'd have 26 episodes for the 6 stories. But inserting 4 recap episodes adds little cost and buys them more production time.)

Sounds possible, but that should leave one other arc to have 5 episodes. 5 + 5 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 recap = 26 episodes

Dark Faith 2013-08-12 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 4789700)
Agreed. It is unusual to have that many recaps, but once you realise we are dealing with Shaft here, it makes perfect sense.:heh:

It wasn't until recently that I started caring about the animation studios.. now I'm really itching to look at Shaft's track record and see why so many people have that kind of opinion about them :heh:

SQA 2013-08-12 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Faith (Post 4791677)
It wasn't until recently that I started caring about the animation studios.. now I'm really itching to look at Shaft's track record and see why so many people have that kind of opinion about them :heh:

Look up a copy of the TV-airing of Bakemonogatari, especially the Kanbaru arc (I believe that was the worst one). Huge amounts of things weren't animated.

Even going back to things like Tsukiyomi Moonphase, entire layers of the TV-airing episodes were missing. The QC was questionable and sometimes entire scenes are sent to monologue to deal with. It's gotten a LOT better, after the Bakemono money, but, well, some of us like to watch the series after the BluRay release. Though since Madoka, it isn't much of an issue now.

At least, until the 2nd half of this series. They haven't done a 2 cours show in a while. This should be interesting.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2013-08-13 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQA (Post 4791728)
Though since Madoka, it isn't much of an issue now.

And Madoka only finished on time because the Tsunami delayed the final broadcast. The studio admitted as such on their blog.

Mentar 2013-08-13 06:43

I'll try to be polite, but it's difficult.

ENOUGH OF THIS BORE OF A CHARACTER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Seriously, I really have enough of Hanekawa for the next few years now. Save for Araragi, she definitely has hogged the screen significantly more than anyone else. Which I find particularly troublesome since at least towards me, Hanekawa has the appeal of plain vanilla pudding: It barely registers. In fact, even the very best parts of her arc were interactions with other characters that I'm actually interested in.

Hoping for a change of scenery. For real. Enough of this.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:50.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.