AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monogatari Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (Mayoi Jiangshi III) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121620)

CrowKenobi 2013-08-30 23:39

Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (Mayoi Jiangshi III)
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Monogatari Series Second Season, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

omimon 2013-08-31 00:51

I think you are missing an "I".

Daniel Lind 2013-08-31 10:26

Remember when this was supposed to be Mayoi's arc?
Me neither.

omimon 2013-08-31 10:31

Shinobu's meatbuns.......delicious...

DorkingtonPugsly 2013-08-31 12:34

I'm still feeling the awkward rush/pace, even in this episode, I don't know why. But otherwise it was lush. I liked the zombies, very shafty. This coming week is gona go by so slow.

redgrnbluylw 2013-08-31 21:23

Araragi in a kimono really reminds me of Zetsubou Sensei. Anybody else see this?

And how did Shinobu and Araragi not consider the possibility that the fireworks may attract the zombies as well? You'd think that they would have thought of that.

Furthermore, I thought Hanekawa of all people would have found a way to survive. :/

ices 2013-08-31 21:50

Hanekawa or rather black hanekawa, maybe.

Xical 2013-08-31 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw (Post 4814140)

Furthermore, I thought Hanekawa of all people would have found a way to survive. :/

Dont you think if Hanekawa is involved in Araragi death, she will be in the top place of the kill list of Shinobu and Gahara-san?

omimon 2013-08-31 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xical (Post 4814194)
Dont you think if Hanekawa is involved in Araragi death, she will be in the top place of the kill list of Shinobu and Gahara-san?

Shinobu yes, but Gahara? Bitch is a human what she gonna do about it?

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

HandofFate 2013-08-31 23:05

dang, very good episode.
Monogatari: Biohazard edition.

Wish I had a vampire loli in my shadow so I could time travel to next week to watch next week's episode.

I thought when Shinobu was 'lost' she was hiding in Araragi's shadow the whole time, but I guess she just came back and hid there afterwards?

FlareKnight 2013-09-01 02:08

Damn....ok so saving Mayoi had some slight side effects :heh:.

I mean damn they just about killed everyone. I'm sure someone will pop up at some point and it'd be hilarious if it was Mayoi or something. But right now it's a pretty bleak time. So Shinobu destroyed the world and now everyone is wandering around as zombies.

Shouldn't the main goal right now be to find a way back in time rather than looking for survivors? Don't they still have the semi-risky plan of powering Shinbou up to the max and going back in time that way? Seems like letting Mayoi die as originally destined is kind of the only way to resolve this.

shinyaNakagawa 2013-09-01 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 4814406)
Shouldn't the main goal right now be to find a way back in time rather than looking for survivors? Don't they still have the semi-risky plan of powering Shinbou up to the max and going back in time that way? Seems like letting Mayoi die as originally destined is kind of the only way to resolve this.

Araragi previously mentioned that there are two possibilities, Type A and Type B.
Spoiler for you guess:

Dark Faith 2013-09-01 06:14

Excellent episode. Last week I thought that they meant that the world had been destroyed in a figurative sense... didn't really expect humanity as a whole to have been wiped out, or turned into mindless zombies.
Was even more surprised to learn that Shinobu's the perpetrator...out of what seemed like a pretty minor event.

Guess that's what makes this show so fun to watch. Really loved this episode.

Haiprbim 2013-09-01 06:18

Splendid episode. I especially liked the pat-the-head and the Shinobu Extreme Jump parts. :P
Well, now we have to wait for the next episode, it would seem. ;)

shinyaNakagawa 2013-09-01 06:21

I don't know.
I just keep feeling that Kabuki anime adaptation is rushing too much to it's main plot.
Lots of stuff have been cut off.
To someone who enjoys every bit of moments carved in the novel, I just feel like something is not complete...

Dark Faith 2013-09-01 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa (Post 4814633)
I don't know.
I just keep feeling that Kabuki anime adaptation is rushing too much to it's main plot.
Lots of stuff have been cut off.
To someone who enjoys every bit of moments carved in the novel, I just feel like something is not complete...

That goes without saying though. I've no idea how long the novel is, but with only 4 episodes to animate it, a lot of things will have to be put aside.
People who enjoyed this arc can always opt to purchase the novels themselves and read all the missing bits.

For a non-novel reader, the episodes themselves feel fine. Though I get the feeling (after reading replies such as yours, on numerous threads), that my opinion would shift towards "Those bastards! How could they cut THIS and THAT?!" after reading them :heh:

shinyaNakagawa 2013-09-01 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Faith (Post 4814650)
That goes without saying though. I've no idea how long the novel is, but with only 4 episodes to animate it, a lot of things will have to be put aside.
People who enjoyed this arc can always opt to purchase the novels themselves and read all the missing bits.

For a non-novel reader, the episodes themselves feel fine. Though I get the feeling (after reading replies such as yours, on numerous threads), that my opinion would shift towards "Those bastards! How could they cut THIS and THAT?!" after reading them :heh:

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

340.29 2013-09-01 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 4814406)
Shouldn't the main goal right now be to find a way back in time rather than looking for survivors? Don't they still have the semi-risky plan of powering Shinbou up to the max and going back in time that way? Seems like letting Mayoi die as originally destined is kind of the only way to resolve this.

Yeah this really bugs me. For a show so predicated on details, I think they should at least exhaust this option or anything that resembles trying to fix the problem before accepting the situation and looking for survivors.

But other than that minor detail, really enjoyed this episode. Loved the animation when they were falling from the sky, and absolutely loved the fireworks scene. With the song they played, it just brought back some Bakemonogatari nostalgia.

blakstealth 2013-09-01 11:15

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

shinyaNakagawa 2013-09-01 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by blakstealth (Post 4814900)
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:

Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.