AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Danganronpa (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Danganronpa - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll [END] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122051)

Klashikari 2013-09-26 11:50

Danganronpa - Episode 13 Discussion / Poll [END]
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa, Episode 13.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Solitaired 2013-09-26 12:10

Japan has finished airing the finale. Raws should be coming in soon. Hope it will be good, I'm despairing for a good finale right now.

Klashikari 2013-09-26 12:13

Good points:
-They didn't really tone down or reduce Junko's personalities festival. However, as expected, everything got a tad on the infodump with all the stuff regarding the world and stuff.
-No opening, and the ending is actually from the game, Saisei.
-They did a good job with Makoto's "Hope mode" in term of execution and voice direction for Ogata but...

The Bad:
-... they really went on the bad taste side with the bullet. I think it would have been alright to have kept the same way than they did for evidence bullet, but having EVERY time a damn close up on a FLAT 2D bullet was awkward as hell.

The Ugly:
-They did NOT use Discussion -Hope VS Despair- soundtrack at all, despite it was really the climatic BGM (be it the track and the title).
-That teasing with Monomi is nearly despair inducing. I sincerely prefer no adaptation at all compared to a butchered adaptation like this one. It would be harder to adapt and it is 50% longer...

Renchan 2013-09-26 12:14

After End credit surprise

MisaoFan 2013-09-26 13:18

Spoiler for Episode 13 (End):

gecd 2013-09-26 14:09

the purpose of this adaptation is to make us despair
this anime has been hijacked by enoshima junko from the start!!!

btw
kishi seiji....
I will never forget you for this

Joneleth 2013-09-26 14:18

If they ever make DR2 let's hope it gets more episodes.

Rias 2013-09-26 14:34

Such high hopes in the beginning since P4 adaptation was good, and people praised it for being good to the adaptation when they included those sequences from the game.

Butchered by rushing too fast. It's a mystery after all - I doubt people who never played the game can figure things out before they were flat out revealed. I think it should've been 2 seasons - granted that might be too much time, but they can throw in different things into it to make it a bit longer. IE. Naegi talk with various characters, or bad ending. Or some sort of hype up to DR2.

zetsubo666 2013-09-26 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 4846647)
Good points:
-They didn't really tone down or reduce Junko's personalities festival. However, as expected, everything got a tad on the infodump with all the stuff regarding the world and stuff.
-No opening, and the ending is actually from the game, Saisei.
-They did a good job with Makoto's "Hope mode" in term of execution and voice direction for Ogata but...

The Bad:
-... they really went on the bad taste side with the bullet. I think it would have been alright to have kept the same way than they did for evidence bullet, but having EVERY time a damn close up on a FLAT 2D bullet was awkward as hell.

The Ugly:
-They did NOT use Discussion -Hope VS Despair- soundtrack at all, despite it was really the climatic BGM (be it the track and the title).
-That teasing with Monomi is nearly despair inducing. I sincerely prefer no adaptation at all compared to a butchered adaptation like this one. It would be harder to adapt and it is 50% longer...

I completly agree with you particulary on not using the HOPE VS DESPAIR OST, it was acceptable not to use in the other trials but not doing so in the final trial was a bad idea. I do also like how they used the DR opening to finish the debate just like in the game.

Overall it wasn't a bad adaptation but it could of been done so much better, if there were more episodes.

Solitaired 2013-09-26 16:27

Lacks explanation on why Junko is in that much despair. And I wonder if it's copyright reasons her queen/Dio persona only came out once.

And I seriously don't want SDR2 to be animated if it's only one cour. It's impossible to squeeze it.


Three things that I think deserve some explanation.

Spoiler for Comparison to the game:

serenade_beta 2013-09-26 20:57

( ,_ゝ`)プッ
(゚ c_,゚`)プッ
('・c_,・` )プッ
(`c_,'`)プッ
プップップップップップップップップップップップップップップップップ ップップップップップップップップップッ

...
The staff needs to come out and do a burning DOGEZA, N-O-W
Episode's content? Not worth wasting a calorie to move my fingers about.

hamazura 2013-09-27 03:59

at last... finished.
final score : 3/10
very bad adaptation. its not anime, its "game summary"!
and dat monomi teaser at the end... please dont make it if its only has 13 episode... at least 22 :heh:

GreyZone 2013-09-27 05:14

Is there ANY medium, where we can see what happens with the 6 who escaped later on? As far as I heard the sequel is about different people...

Solitaired 2013-09-27 05:48

From this point on, anything that will be answered in IF, prequel, or sequel, I will be answering with that. Anything else I'll provide an answer.

In your case, sequel.

GreyZone 2013-09-27 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitaired (Post 4847545)
From this point on, anything that will be answered in IF, prequel, or sequel, I will be answering with that. Anything else I'll provide an answer.

In your case, sequel.

I see this shortcut "IF" everywhere. What is it the short-cut of?

Klashikari 2013-09-27 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyZone (Post 4847609)
I see this shortcut "IF" everywhere. What is it the short-cut of?

It isn't a shortcut at all. It is literally its title, capitalized "if" word, nothing else.

Kanon 2013-09-27 15:58

This is the first episode that I thought was a good adaptation. Obviously they still left out tons of stuff (the trial was like two hours long in the game) but they got the main point across. I'm particularly pleased with Junko's rendition. She's just as she was in the game: completely nuts. And hot. Despair has never been so sexy.

As an adaptation this show was absolutely terrible, but as a stand-alone anime I suppose it was decent. They teased DR2 at the end. Not looking forward to seeing this game get butchered before I can play it...

HandofFate 2013-09-27 16:59

Argh....not sure how I feel about the doomsday twist...it seems to be used often in these survival/mystery/kill eachother series, and its just "argh....really...that's it?"

I guess you can tell its a videogame with the sudden cut conclusion.
Not sure how I feel about it.

Junko's execution was pretty lame.

So like, was Naegi always the Super Duper Hope, or did he just upgrade to it in the end?

The 'shaman' guy surviving was pretty random. I can see why everyone else lived and served a purpose in the overall story, but he did nothing at all. And I don't think he even found any clues worth mentioning.

Kanon 2013-09-27 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandofFate (Post 4848381)
The 'shaman' guy surviving was pretty random. I can see why everyone else lived and served a purpose in the overall story, but he did nothing at all. And I don't think he even found any clues worth mentioning.

He was pretty much nothing more than comic relief. They cut out most of his scenes in the anime so it's less apparent. He's dumb as a brick and it's a wonder he managed to survive to the end.

Hitenma 2013-09-27 17:29

Duh ... I like this anime. Could rate it 7~8/10.
I hope there will be a ss2, because I doubt that I'll play the game.

I can't understand why you wish that an anime should not be made.
There are other people who want to watch it. If you don't like it, just ignore it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.