AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122133)

Kairin 2013-10-02 02:32

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun :)

justsomeguy 2013-10-02 15:04

I read the first series years ago, so I had not fear that this would not be worthy of the Fate/Series. In fact, it's my favorite because it's not pretentious, while keeping the same characters and references to the rest of Type Moon verse as well as other mahou shoujo series. From what I remember of the manga, Silver Link's adaptation was faithful, if a bit short. I think stretching the show by one more episode would have been enough time to cover the few skipped scenes. Everything after the fantastic Saber battle was a bit anticlimactic, but then again a straight adaptation of the manga, so no serious criticisms there. The story was not all that, but I know the meat is coming in Zwei, so can't find fault there either.

9/10. Turned out to be my favorite of the season. Not that I didn't expect it, but when it came to managing story, themes, and characters, all of the other one-cour shows I watched this season had major failings this did not.

~Yami~ 2013-10-07 05:51

This anime just restored some of my wish for a good Mahou Shoujo anime

and of course with Fate's background, this anime is easily become my favorite

I love most of the characters like Irisviel, Rin, Luvia, Illya, and Miyu...
but we clearly need a season 2 to give a complete review about this anime

8/10 from me to this series
great animation though

Flower 2013-11-01 02:11

Gotta say that while I am not a big fan of the Fate series in general (not bad, just not really interesting for me) this series was kinda cute. I was finally able to finish it recently, and definitely enjoyed it as a good mahou shoujo series. ^^

Kinda curious about s2....

Bdoom12 2014-02-24 23:10

This is the second magical girl anime I have ever enjoyed,(the first being madoka magica). I found it immensly enjoyable. It was fantastic.

Season 2 is currently my second mosy anticipated anime of 2014, the first being ufotable stay night.