AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Resident Evil: Outbreak (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12584)

dragonz20 2004-04-28 11:27

Resident Evil: Outbreak

Any of you play this game?

I bought it a few weeks ago and I am having a lot of fun playing it. I also bought the HDD because I figured i'd be playing other games that use it. It speeds up the game and the loading drops from 8-9 seconds (heartbeats) to 3. It's a lot of fun collecting all the items.

husyk 2004-04-28 13:02

Then you should try playing in online as well, my freind played it using my NA, he had a blast with it, plus the fact you can buy items by earning points online. I don't care much for RE games, so I can't give you my opinion.

Samurai_Yojimbo 2004-05-20 23:34

IS it true Outbreak isint goin to be playable online in the uk coz ive seen alot of ps2 mag's saying that and if its true i will be gutted lol im too big of a resi evil fan

Sid_Burn 2004-05-21 01:00

Yes... It's true... I guess..., Im also a Resi evil fan... finished the whole series... from Resi 1 to the latest... Outbreak...

Samurai_Yojimbo 2004-05-23 18:39

hey soz again tho i want to know somthing else coz ive been looking online for an answer for an hour now and cant find it since i live in uk and were not gettin online i r jus goin to import tho i heard a rumour that usa version has no lan(local network) function but the japanese version has one. is this true? :confused:
thanks alot ur answer will decide what i import.

Wandering_Youth 2004-05-24 03:18

I'm not trying nit pick but you need to work on your grammar there. :heh:

I like Outbreak and I think Capcom did a good job for its first online horror game. I want to get the HDD, but I don't want FFXI with it since they only sell them in pairs right now. The loading times for DVD users are around 6-10 seconds max depending on how big the room you enter, which isn't all that bad. The biggest let down was that the game had only five scenarios out of the 20 they created. :frustrated: *sigh* I'm still planning on getting Outbreak II that's coming out this December and I've read that they'll include more than five scenarios this time.

Yes, there is no online option for Europe's REO and I don't think the Japanese versions have LAN capability.

Wavie 2004-05-24 11:48

OMG I AM SOOO DISSAPPOINTED WITH THIS GAME

seriously worse resident evil out of all of them and crappiest made not realistic like the other ones at all.

what makes it so bad u ask?

well guess what... the same zombies u kill over and over again keep spawning back to life with full health. its realy disappointing the way they made this one...

u kill 4 zombies use up most your ammo, go into a room or stand there for at least 1 min and next thing u know the 4 zombies are back again. realy dissappointing

Wandering_Youth 2004-05-24 22:33

I like how the zombies keep coming back because it gives off the impression of a zombie infested city besides this is a survival horror game and you have to use your ammo wisely.

Wavie 2004-05-25 03:16

wandering it aint case of zombies comming back its the case of the excat same models of zombies comming back... and u cant use your ammo wisely u have to shoot them and u have to spend time going in and out rooms like u do on the other ones... it realy is disappoiting hopfully there is an option to turn spawning zombies off.

Sanjuronord 2004-05-25 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavie
wandering it aint case of zombies comming back its the case of the excat same models of zombies comming back... and u cant use your ammo wisely u have to shoot them and u have to spend time going in and out rooms like u do on the other ones... it realy is disappoiting hopfully there is an option to turn spawning zombies off.

You'd be happier if they were random models of zombies every time? Like Wandering Youth said it's to give the impression that the city is infested with zombies. Outbreak is the first "open" RE really, 1-3 were all within enclosed areas, even the city areas in 2 and 3, and reappearing zombies wouldn't have made much sense. Also you don't always have to shoot the zombies, dodge around em, knife em, whatever it takes.

Wavie 2004-05-25 19:06

once u have played it u will understand more,,, everyone knows u have to gradualy work your way through it.

well u have to spend time reading and solving it u will understand better when u get it... my mate gave me shot of it for 10 mins on his console and i said screw it... lets play soul calibar

Wandering_Youth 2004-05-26 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavie

How is that different from playing RE 2 over and over since you see the same zombies again and again? You got to remember REO was made to be played online and zombies don't re-infest every room. Oh trust me, I've played REO long enough that I can have 80-150 handgun ammo for the boss later on and I hardly have to waste them on zombies because they're easy to dodge. Once again this is a survival horror game so bullets and healing items are limited so you got to use them conservatively plus you got to share them with your teammates when playing online which makes it evening more challenging.

If you don't like fighting the same zombies over and over then try REO II that's coming out. They got a zombie infested zoo so you don't meet human zombies but animal ones. I can't wait to see the giant elephant zombies, weeee.

Kira 2004-05-26 12:00

id like to know if we can play RE: outbreak multiplayer without going online? Is it possible to play the adventure with a friend, without having to log on the net. I mean, some sort of cooperative gameplay with the 2 controller ports.

thanks

dragonz20 2004-05-26 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kira
id like to know if we can play RE: outbreak multiplayer without going online? Is it possible to play the adventure with a friend, without having to log on the net. I mean, some sort of cooperative gameplay with the 2 controller ports.

thanks

no. you can only play single player off-line and you will be teamed up w/ 2-3 computer controlled teammates. the only way you can play w/ human players is via the online mode.

file2 (the next RE online game) may have the coop capability.

Ending 2004-05-26 17:38

Quote:

I like how the zombies keep coming back because it gives off the impression of a zombie infested city besides this is a survival horror game and you have to use your ammo wisely.
Infinite spawn = SPAM = EVIL.

Whenever I (accidentally) buy a game with something like this, it's a quick trip back to the shop and exchange for something else. Hopefully the game isn't -at least- plagued by "horrific" controls and camera-angles anymore...?

Wandering_Youth 2004-05-26 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wirhe

Whenever I (accidentally) buy a game with something like this, it's a quick trip back to the shop and exchange for something else. Hopefully the game isn't -at least- plagued by "horrific" controls and camera-angles anymore...?

Nope, the controls and camera angles are very good plus REO plays like Devil May Cry while not as fancy. The zombies have around a spawn time of two mins when you kill the original ones in the room, however the amount of zombies spawning into a room is proportional to how many players are in the same room. The only bad thing about REO is that there is no text based message system in-game so cooperation suffers a lot when you cannot communicate with your teammates.

Sid_Burn 2004-05-26 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wirhe

Hmmm... I found camera angles in the RE series interesting... they really look like a movie...,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering Youth
Nope, the controls and camera angles are very good plus REO plays like Devil May Cry while not as fancy. The zombies have around a spawn time of two mins when you kill the original ones in the room, however the amount of zombies spawning into a room is proportional to how many players are in the same room. The only bad thing about REO is that there is no text based message system in-game so cooperation suffers a lot when you cannot communicate with your teammates.

yes... you're right about the text messages..., it makes cooperative gameplay dumb... anyway... does the A.I teammates... well... great or they are dumb?...

Wandering_Youth 2004-05-27 02:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
yes... you're right about the text messages..., it makes cooperative gameplay dumb... anyway... does the A.I teammates... well... great or they are dumb?...

They suck, period. All they do is just follow you around, yelling out stupid phrases and attacking the closest zombie. You'll spend most of the time just trying to save their asses so that's why I play online and not offline. They can't do half the things player controled characters can do like help blocking the door to stop zombies from busting into the room. I usually just feed my A.I teammate to the zombies. :) REO is really not meant to be played offline.

Sid_Burn 2004-05-28 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
They suck, period. All they do is just follow you around, yelling out stupid phrases and attacking the closest zombie. You'll spend most of the time just trying to save their asses so that's why I play online and not offline. They can't do half the things player controled characters can do like help blocking the door to stop zombies from busting into the room. I usually just feed my A.I teammate to the zombies. :) REO is really not meant to be played offline.

Yes... you're definitely right... I just tested it myself... and I must say... It Sucks!!!...

enita 2004-05-31 17:51

This girl in my class is so obsessed with the series that she preordered it... lol