AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Chrono Trigger Ressurection (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13264)

Crimson 2004-05-08 20:07

Chrono Trigger Ressurection
 
A 3D fan re-make of the original game which was on the SNES. So far its comming alot very good, i'm ancious to see what the finished project.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/news/

bluemist 2004-05-08 21:01

COOL! But...

They will only recreate some scenes? What do they mean? Is this not a game?

I was hoping for a game, but it's better than nothing...

Roots 2004-05-09 00:07

Aww I thought this was a post about Chrono Trigger 3 :sad:

Definitely looks good though. I want to start a project like that, but I have school to worry about. I wonder how 'legal' this is. I mean I saw a thread on the forum where they claimed it was legal because it was non-profit, but if they made the entire game and gave it away for free wouldn't that cause loses to Nintendo (assuming people still buy the SNES cart....doubtful). And not only that, its an intellectual property theft isn't it? They are taking all the original artwork (but re-making it), character designs, etc. I have doubts on whether this is truly legal or not. But even if it isn't, I say go for it because its a cool idea :D

mah_damey 2004-05-09 02:48

holy christ. yesyesyesyesyesyesYES.

hooliganj 2004-05-09 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roots
Aww I thought this was a post about Chrono Trigger 3 :sad:

Definitely looks good though. I want to start a project like that, but I have school to worry about. I wonder how 'legal' this is. I mean I saw a thread on the forum where they claimed it was legal because it was non-profit, but if they made the entire game and gave it away for free wouldn't that cause loses to Nintendo (assuming people still buy the SNES cart....doubtful). And not only that, its an intellectual property theft isn't it? They are taking all the original artwork (but re-making it), character designs, etc. I have doubts on whether this is truly legal or not. But even if it isn't, I say go for it because its a cool idea :D

There's no problems from Nintendo. They announced a while back that they officially have no problem with distro/emulation of NES or SNES games, since they can't really be sold anymore. On the other hand, they have been known to come down pretty hard on GB, GBA, N64 and Cube emulators.

Squaresoft might have something to say, but at the same time, this is a pretty old game, so I doubt they would bother... unless they were planning to do their own 3D remake.

Lina Inverse 2004-05-09 19:13

Well, this is some great news! Let's see how this evolves...

zalas 2004-05-09 22:38

I wonder if they have implemented any type of game'play' engine yet. Right now according to the screenshots I think they'll probably only allow you to visit these 10 scenes and walk around in them. :/

DekaMaster 2004-05-09 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooliganj
There's no problems from Nintendo. They announced a while back that they officially have no problem with distro/emulation of NES or SNES games, since they can't really be sold anymore. On the other hand, they have been known to come down pretty hard on GB, GBA, N64 and Cube emulators.
.


No they didn't heh. Give ninendo a call and tell them all about your Snes roms. When they ask for your home address maybe you shouldn't give it to them :P

ChibiDusk 2004-05-27 21:03

Chrono Trigger: Resurrection [fan re-make]
 
Hm, seems interesting...but with fans making it...it looses some of the interest.

Chrono Trigger, a remake of the old 1995 super nintendo game...this time in 3-d!
Yay,...I guess.

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/media/

Now if only Chrono looked more...well...more like Chrono :)
The character looks different, in some way...:S

~Liquid Dreams~ 2004-05-27 21:27

Chrono reminds me of gohan from dbz.

Kurz 2004-05-27 22:14

They Probably doing the redo of the PS1 version of Chrno Trigger.

Dark Zero 2004-05-27 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Liquid Dreams~
Chrono reminds me of gohan from dbz.


It's the same artist ;)

Bandersnatch 2004-05-27 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
They Probably doing the redo of the PS1 version of Chrno Trigger.

Its not a complete redo, the game will be 10 of the best scenes from the original. Now to wait and see if they get shut down :p. Though they say square-enix knows about them and havent done anything yet.

Lunchboxx 2004-05-27 22:21

Well it looks nice, but sadly there only redoing certain scenes from the game, but you can't expect a few fans to put that much time into something that they make no prophit off.

Ending 2004-05-28 07:47

Looks promising, after a few glances. But what I really, really would like to see is Breath of Fire 2 remade -with a REAL plot and characters. :hmm:

/Still likes of the original graphics; timeless I'd say. :)

Quote:

When the project is completed, only the PC version will be released to the public for free. The GameCube and Xbox ports are internal and only official developers (for those respective platforms) will be able to play them.
Btw, is it just me or does Chrono look... fat? (Second picture from the left, middle row.)

mah_damey 2004-05-28 08:21

he has a retarded look on his face too, but o well its stll a cool idea

DAK 2004-05-28 09:08

The game looks really good, I can't wait to see that come out. Chrono Trigger is one of my favourite games and I'd love to see it remade. I would prefer a remake of the actual game but.. I guess I can't complain, it's better than nothing that's for sure :p

Chrono 2004-05-28 11:57

I think the original is PERFECT the way it is, since it is the best game for the Super Famicom/Nintendo. A remake can't make it even better.

Komataguri 2004-05-28 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrono
I think the original is PERFECT the way it is, since it is the best game for the Super Famicom/Nintendo. A remake can't make it even better.


I agree 100% with you there.


Altho it is hard to deny the fact that their work, so far, looks pretty damned sweet.

Chrono 2004-05-29 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
I agree 100% with you there.


Altho it is hard to deny the fact that their work, so far, looks pretty damned sweet.

What doesn't look good when you take squares best charachters? :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.