AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Ikkitousen (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=137)

YGY818 2003-11-04 04:05

Ikkitousen

What happened to this anime. Why isnt it up for downloads anymore.

NoSanninWa 2003-11-04 04:17

I've moved this thread. Does that answer the question?

gmackenz 2003-11-04 05:54

Bet you now know what happened ;) See the animenewsnetwork site: LICENSED!

Too bad it happened right before the last subtitled show, the finale of EP 13. Don't worry, as with almost every short (12-13 episode) anime series, the ending totally sucked :(

I guess they needed somehow end the show as the manga must be no where near finished and the producers probably had to cobble together a real mish-mash. I've only started watching japanese anime shows in the past two years, and I've seen enough to dread the final episode of almost every series I've watched (Azumanga Daioh, Kiddy Grade, Ai Yori Aoshi and Fruits Basket being pretty much the sole exceptions). It's a shame, almost a crime one would hope, the mangling of endings.

Sheesh, the last 5-7 minutes was the worst! They rushed to "tie" up loose ends and made it very confusing to people who might have really thought they were following along the show somewhat closely. Whenever a show requires a montage with a voice-over to "tell" us what's going to happen and who's what and what's going to happen next...Watch out and hold your noses!

beanieboy007 2003-11-04 07:02

an unfortunate event of licencing.

however, it is sopposed to be released in early-mid 2004, so not a bad turn-around.

aquilus 2003-11-04 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmackenz
Too bad it happened right before the last subtitled show, the finale of EP 13. Don't worry, as with almost every short (12-13 episode) anime series, the ending totally sucked :(

Alas, alas, true. If one desperately wants to see the last episode, it can probably be aquired with even less legal means...but the same applies to pretty much anything.

nojevo 2003-11-04 16:58

ikkitousen licensed ROFLMAO! this is really a sad year for anime industry in the states. First divergance eve and now this. There are much better shows to license but they end up taking something not worth wasting 30 bucks for a dvd. It seems that mainstream anime watchers wants a lot of boobies and fanservice.

Akiace 2003-11-04 18:00

This is shocking! I don't know it's licensed at all!! And with only one more episode to go!!!! I never thought this series would ever get licensed.

ff7799 2003-11-04 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiace
This is shocking! I don't know it's licensed at all!! And with only one more episode to go!!!! I never thought this series would ever get licensed.

Well I did release the subb for episode 13 however I had to remove it as soon as it was lisenced, if your lucky you might be able to find a copy on direct connect or kazaa.

gmackenz 2003-11-04 23:10

Don't worry about that last episode...Like I stated earlier...Very stinky mess 'o' stuff not really worth your time, even if you did "like" this show for the first 12 episodes.

I wish Stellvia was licensed, not this, and certainly NOT Divergence Eve...Ugh.

Back to the better shows...

P.S. I have to say it was the most curious thing to go to the official web site for Ikki-T and see for each episode a "Special Shot of the Episode!" of a portion of female anatomy in up close and personal...Fan service to a whole new level. So this was a "historical" anime huh ;)

Hast 2003-11-05 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmackenz
P.S. I have to say it was the most curious thing to go to the official web site for Ikki-T and see for each episode a "Special Shot of the Episode!" of a portion of female anatomy in up close and personal...Fan service to a whole new level. So this was a "historical" anime huh ;)

Heh, that was a funny page. I like that they made three "recommended" shots for each episode as well. Too bad I don't know enough japanese to read the comments. :-)

7thMethuselah 2003-11-06 02:07

can anyone tell me what happened in that last episode?
I just wanna know what the ending was ...

Aargh couldn't they wait to license it a week or two longer :sad: :sad:

Akiace 2003-11-06 02:32

yeah, can someone provide the spoiler to the ending? How bad can it get?

Wolfwood2970 2003-11-06 08:34

wow im real sad that ikkitousen got licenced.... NOT

man this anime was really really just based on sex appeal and such

Like in the anime randomly clothes would be tourn off by a punch and at random times she'd just be in weird positions saying weird things

oh well anyways im not a big fan of this after watching episode 6 (i was expecting it to get better cuz of course i dont judge an anime in like 3 eps) I was greatly dissapointed at the lack of everything

Carrackus 2003-11-07 13:08

heh yeah it was licensed. the manga is going to be called Battle Vixens (crap!) by tokyopop.

It actually wasnt a bad series despite the fanservice (i liked it *grin*). the story i thought was neat.

Iron Monkey 2003-11-07 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by nojevo
ikkitousen licensed ROFLMAO! this is really a sad year for anime industry in the states. First divergance eve and now this. There are much better shows to license but they end up taking something not worth wasting 30 bucks for a dvd. It seems that mainstream anime watchers wants a lot of boobies and fanservice.

Well, they did license Mouse. That has to tell you some of the quality lincenses out there. My guess is it's probably cheap, so companies are probably like, meh, can't be any harm in doing it.

gmackenz 2003-11-10 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiace
yeah, can someone provide the spoiler to the ending? How bad can it get?

Well, extremely lame in my opinion ;)

Here's my muddled take on the mess:

I no longer have the show, and it is blissfully fading in memory.

Spoiler:

7thMethuselah 2003-11-10 14:40

doomo arigato gozaimasu! :bow:

at least i know how it ends

kamij0 2003-11-21 22:48

man .. that was a bad ending ...
luckily i never watch

Hao Asakura 2003-11-22 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamij0
man .. that was a bad ending ...
luckily i never watch

IMO, the ending wasn't that bad. It's just the story has never been better since the beginning :heh:

PocariSweat 2003-11-23 03:20

I'm also astonished at the crap that's getting licensed this season. Really, I have to laugh - in the race to pre-license stuff sight-unseen, it seems the distributors are really picking up some steaming hunks of cabbit droppings.

I remember starting a joke thread awhile back saying their maybe some U.S. studios are watching this board - so instead of raving about stuff we like (and having it licensed before complete), we should use reverse psychology and be saying stuff "Gee, I hope they license *Mouse* instead of that boring Scrapped Princess - *Mouse* is so kewl!" (SP was still airing then). Now I'm beginning to wonder if it actually worked! :heh: