AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14224)

ChibiDusk 2004-05-23 01:21

Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII

From RPGamer:
Although rumor has circulated for several years that a sequel to Final Fantasy VII was in the works, Advent Children dispelled the large majority of them. However, to the surprise of much of the gaming media, a direct prequel to the massively popular title was announced at Square Enix's press conference.

The prequel, entitled Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, features the Turks, the Shinra corporation's skilled mercenary force. Although much of the game appears to be vaguely action-oriented in nature, the battle system features a modified but still tried-and-true menus and turn-based system. The biggest surprise about the game is probably that it is being developed by Square Enix's Mobile sub-division for use on cellphones. Whether the game will be coming stateside is a matter of some question, given that our delivery system for cellphone broadcasting isn't as standardized as Japan's. More information will be coming shortly from the show floor at E3.

Cellphone game...damn...

mah_damey 2004-05-23 02:35

wut the crap.. theyd make so much money off of this if it were anything else but a cell phone game. whos gonna buy that?!

jonli 2004-05-23 04:18

Yea thats true. I saw the screen shots and it looks crappier than SNES....well cant expect much from a cell phone.

Most probably this game is going to be short probably it's just trying to fill in some holes for Advent Children.

I hope they remake FF7, Before Crisis and Advent Children into one big game...but that would cost a lot :(

Sid_Burn 2004-05-23 05:26

Yes... i've also seen that..., That's y I hate cellphone games... they are crappy and consume alot of battery life..., but they are a good time killer...

ChibiDusk 2004-05-23 09:32

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen002.jpg http://image.com.com/gamespot/images..._screen002.jpg

SPINAL-BRAIN 2004-05-23 17:52

:D The screen shots look rediculiously funny! It makes you wonder what these Japanese are up to now... :heh:

OhJustSomeRandomGuy 2004-05-24 17:51

You have to seem the game in motion.

It looks awful.

Maybe when there are better cell phones...

Lina Inverse 2004-05-24 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiDusk

What's that supposed to be!? Men in Black fighting an unidentifyable purple glob? :hmm: :twitch: :uhoh:

mah_damey 2004-05-26 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
What's that supposed to be!? Men in Black fighting an unidentifyable purple glob? :hmm: :twitch: :uhoh:

lol thats exactly wut i was thinking...

Sid_Burn 2004-05-26 05:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lina Inverse

Hmmm... maybe..., are they using guns or something...

Prince of Chronics 2004-05-26 16:25

it's a shame that Square-Enix has to resort to shit like this.... I'm not sure about their earnings and success these days... but to me it seems they are desperately looking for more ways to make the Final Fantasy series great again...

this cell-phone game, FFX-2 and the international versions have really ruined the image of the Final Fantasy series for me at least... these kinds of games always remind me of Disney's straight to video sequels of all their original movies.... pure crap....

mah_damey 2004-05-26 17:08

the downfall of ff came with ffx... tidus n blitzball.. 2 gay things in one game.. it was a good game.. it juss wouldve been 10x better with a less annoying/less gay looking main char.

ChibiDusk 2004-05-26 19:30

This is quite sad...yes, but FFX/-2 wasn't!
FFX was the game that made a whole new group of fans appear,
and FFX-2 seemed to have little effect - except for those who refused to play it because it was "different", maybe they were afraid of change :p

Oh and the screen is the Tursks fighting a Behometh, they are holding guns and seem to be using "lightning", how lightning comes from guns, I do not know...

Sid_Burn 2004-05-26 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
it's a shame that Square-Enix has to resort to shit like this.... I'm not sure about their earnings and success these days... but to me it seems they are desperately looking for more ways to make the Final Fantasy series great again...

this cell-phone game, FFX-2 and the international versions have really ruined the image of the Final Fantasy series for me at least... these kinds of games always remind me of Disney's straight to video sequels of all their original movies.... pure crap....

Yes... you're right... they always make good games..., makes me wonder why did they create a silly game...

Secca 2004-05-26 23:19

It looks quite well done for a cell phone game, they definitely try to break outside the PS2 traditions. Maybe they try to expand to all kind of platform.

We might expect a Final Fantasy shooting game in Xbox? ^^

mah_damey 2004-05-27 00:43

how long can thsi game possibly be. do they expect someone to sit there playing on a freaking cell phone.

stueyfubar 2004-05-29 19:28

it dosnt look to bad guys , little strange tho turks got guna with lighting ability but ya never know it cud happen

Ero-Sannin 2004-05-30 19:24

Squaresoft has managed to create the most horrible games in the recent years

hope a decent company who knows how to make games buys copyrights for fianl fantasy 7's sequel like capcom, konami, or blizzard( hey they always make good games).

examples that should go on squaresoft's hall of shitty games..

final fantasy 9

final fantasy x-2

and there was this other one about a magic tree or something, didn't even bother remembering its name..

Kyuven 2004-05-30 22:32

it looks like something my dog yacked up
they prolly chose the turks as an excuse to not have any detail

diabolistic 2004-05-30 23:29

I think this is a great idea.
Its about time that square come out with a game that doesn't revolve around aeons, espers, or final summons.

In response to Ero-Sannin

ff9 and ffx-2 were great games.. ff9 brought the player back to the roots of final fantasy (back to the old crystal theme) and ffx-2 was an appropriate sequel (not another WILL THEY REVIVE SO-AND-SO cliffhanger ending, i'm sure square got sick and tired of those fanbois/gurls).

I'm sure that if north american cellphone technology was anywhere NEAR the japanese (cellphones without cameras are considered outdated) than the north american gaming community would be eating this up. A decent rpg on a cellphone without needing to buy a hand held console? Asides from the problem of draining your cellphone battery, it'd be pretty sweet.